Reviews for Eight Presents
yanera chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
wow...that was so powerful and rich...i love this new view you gave me on Ike...amazing
DiamondxPink618 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Wow, that was really nice. It was so creative parallelling the sitting sheva custom with the nights of Channukah. I usually don't like stories that focus on Ike (or any secondary character, really) but this kept me interested. Great job! And happy Channukah! :)
SekritOMG chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Oh, this is wonderful. I really hope you know that, and are happy with it. It's got a great mood, as it so accurately captures the odd combination of sadness and confusion and discomfort in the wake of something tragic, and the holiday just makes it even weirder.

I always feel sort of odd about your "not my first language" note, because you write just about as well as any native-speaker does.

This is a totally valid interpretation of how Stan and Ike would act in this sort of situation. They're both just trying to feel out the right way of coping, you know? I just think you did a really good job. And the idea of Stan not shaving for a while as a sign of mourning is ... well, I think it's intriguingly sweet, I guess.

I know this isn't the most intelligent review you've ever gotten, but it really deserved one, and a lot of the time when I like a story a great deal I just don't know what to say other than "it's good" which is never helpful, but I wanted to say something, you know? Because I find it unacceptable that it's only got five reviews up until me. It deserves, you know, more. It's timely and well-written and emotional.

So, thanks for getting your inspiration back.
Darkmoonphase chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Wow. That was really sad. I liked it a lot. Good job. :) ... TT_TT
Witherwings7 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Wow! This was very powerful. You never specifically mentioned how Kyle *sniff* died but that's alright, this piece stands alone.

I felt awful for Stan and really liked how he decided to mourn the Jewish way. Ike's pent up anger and despair was very well written and the last line of the story was powerful.

*favorites*
Otempora42 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This was so sad and so beautiful. I really adored it. I wish I could write something more substantial, but it was brilliant.
Lady Azura chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Aww... that was so sad... especially the very end. I got all choked up when Ike finally broke down.
thequillofdestiny chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This was a really sad but good story! I wonder what happened to Kyle. . .did his kidney fail, or did he commit suicide, or something? If you could give me some clarification on that matter I'd appreciate it. I love how Ike feels so left out, because he really isn't Jewish yet he mourns just as hard if not harder, than the rest of them. Love your writing style and I haven't seen a story with Kyle death Ike-centered like this before. Thanks for posting this!