Reviews for The Neveragaine
Earthenfist chapter 17 . 8/30
Heh. I can just imagine the story getting back to the Temple, and they're all "You claimed yourself as Nerevarine? Brilliant! If we have our own Nerevarine, nobody else can claim the title, and we don't have to worry about those false prophets anymore! Ada, we want you to learn more about the prophecies, and do your best to look like you fulfill them, okay?"
jackjones15660 chapter 38 . 1/15
Not going to lie. The Almsivi are my favourite characters in the Elder Scrolls lore. Mortals that reached and took divinity. I'm sure many will say they did it for evil reasons and believe the ashlanders account, but I feel they are being very hypocritical - 999 out of 1000 humans in our day if offered God hood would say yes. And whiles I'm sure there reasons were partially selfish - divinity is a tempting offer - but they are not evil people, that is clear as day. The Alsmsivi forfeited Morrowind to Tiber Septim unwilling to letc God knows how many die protecting Morrowing in a war they caused - instead they gave up alot of their political power to an outsider Emperor to save lives. The Alsmsivi lead Morrowind through the end of the first Era, all the way to the third Era- and that time was almost complete peaceful and progressive - never really going to war of conquests and only really defending themselves against invaders or threats to their lives. That long of peace and prosperity is unheard of in Tamriel - the only other place that even comes close is the Summerset Isles and even they were not quite so prosperous as Morrowind was. Yes Almalexia may have gone crazy by the time we digit her ' but who could honestlyou blame her? She had lost GODHOOD, some upstart king and political rival was trying to take over the land she had had immense control over for three eras - and the reincarnation of her dead husband - who by the way happens to be prophecies to kill her - just killed Dagoth Ur who had even more power than she did. I'm surprised she was sane enough to even concoct her plan. But before that she was the healijg nother of morrowind who loved her people immesnly - and helped them through many tirals and challanges. I digress... I really wanted more... well Vivec in this story. Personally I think his conversation is somewhat lacking in game and the fact this story did not expand upon it was a tad disappointing.
Laukhi chapter 40 . 8/18/2016
This is a wonderful story.
halfcoop chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
You deserve more views on the this chapter alone
BlueScreen26 chapter 40 . 2/13/2015
It was a very good retelling of the game, even if I would have enjoy a little more emphasis on the fight scenes.
Zakeraz chapter 8 . 4/2/2014
That was pretty awesome. It's a shame this story doesn't have more views, because it certainly deserves them.
Zakeraz chapter 6 . 4/1/2014
I decided to pick up this story since my first elder scrolls game was Skyrim and it looks like I made a good choice. It does seem Ada is setting herself up for failure by putting too much on her plate with so many factions demanding her attention. It does a good job hooking me in so I wonder what happens next.
Zakeraz chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
So we have our strong but not invincible heroine who wants something badly but is having trouble getting it. Sounds like the makings of a good story. 1 thing that isn't clear is if the plague is in Cyrodiil or Morrowind.
blsehgewh chapter 40 . 11/21/2013
SPOILER ALERT, AVERT YE EYES

Having just finished the story, I really want to contribute my opinion on it, but I'm kinda lost for words.
To be honest, it's rare that I ever take on really long, 20 chapter fanfics - but I decided to give The Neveragaine a try after reading all the positive feedback. And, just let me say that it was a right decision.

Ada is a great protagonist - she's strong, funny, relatable, and not invulnerable, someone whose head you like being in. I really love how you tackled a female protagonist. She's not a girl hero, she's a hero who happens to be a girl - and doesn't shy away from her girlier side, all while punching anyone who gets in her way. So, major kudos on that.
The way that you handled other characters, gave them more depth and personality is also a thing I liked about the story. I kinda liked how Ada found a sort of a new family in the Sarethis, and her relationship with Varvur was realistic and really cute. I also loved how you sometimes poked fun at the setting, such as when the npcs keep on talking over Ada like they would if you were actually playing :D
And the humor. Oh my god, some parts just had me laughing hysterically. Like the part with the naked Nords, or how she threw a vase at Crassius Curio. Guy deserved it...:) And just the way Ada looks at things, comments on them, is fun. Like I said, I really love this character.
Despite the story being a retelling of Morrowind's plot, you put some nice twists on it, and that really made it worth reading. And your writing (which is fabulous, by the way) puts the cherry on this cake of awesomeness, epicness and badassery.

I'm sorry if I sound fangirlish, but I really did love it that much. Too much to criticize or nitpick, I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't know if I want to read the sequel; I'm sure it is great, but you seem to have lost interest in writing it, seeing as it hasn't been updated since 2011. That's your life and your decision, and I respect that, I'm just not sure if I want to end up on a forever cliffhanger.

It's sad to say goodbye to Ada, after only a week of reading, but I have found inspiration in her, in this story and in you :D So thank you!
Yarrr chapter 40 . 10/8/2013
Absolutely loved this series, I hope you keep writing for many years to come!
Baby Fawn chapter 40 . 1/19/2013
this was a good one.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/9/2012
An excellently written, enjoyable fic that turns the main quest of the game into an immersive, believable, and entertaining story. Very well done... thank you for sharing it. Reading this has inspired me to reinstall the game :)
Tyanilth chapter 40 . 10/1/2012
Quite fantastic. You had me laughing all the way through this book, and I'm going to be avidly hunting down the sequel. Morrowind is not the easiest of the Elder Scrolls to turn into a coherent story and you did it with style. Bravo.
Woot chapter 9 . 7/15/2012
Go Ada! Id do the same damn thing!
irfane chapter 40 . 10/6/2011
I haven't played this game, so I have no idea how closely or how loosely based on it this story is. I also don't care, as it was well written, interesting, and often funny.