Reviews for The Moth to the Flame
Mockingbyrd's Tune chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Yay! New Persuasion fic!

Great new beginning. "backpacking through Cambodia and Myanmar... young and dynamic... charismatic..." Prof. Crawford is very complimentary.

Derrick? I like name revisions, and that's definitely more modern.

More please?
straywords chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
First of all, thank you for writing a Persuasion story - there simply are not enough of them, as I'm sure you know. Second - great story, love the setting. In fact, the library reminds me of my University's; I was half expecting Anne to order a Jane Austen sandwich :) Keep up the excellent writng - I'm looking forward to it!
shicchan chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
congratulations on your first chapter. please continue writing your story. persuasion is my favorite austen novel so i'm quite pleased with writers on anne&frederick.

hoping for more persuasion writers.
gnomesbeatfaeries chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen novel, so I was very glad to see another fanfiction! It seems like an original setting, and I'm really excited to see where you go with it. The only criticism I can find is in your language. You rely heavily on dated wording and sometimes even cliches. It's a modern fanfic- don't be afraid of modernising (is that even a word?) your language. Hope to see another chapter soon,

Michelle
Lia06 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
This is a good start and I'm interested to see where you take it. I really like the way you've written Anne as well as your descriptions of Aunt Cathy.
wannabehermy chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
great first chapter! Keep up the good work. I love how the past relationship was just hinted at and not given up right away. Excellent! Update soon!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Ooh, promising start! I've read too many modern Persuasion fics that are not very interesting, but this has promise. I like the college angle with her as a finishing grad student (PhD or master's?) and Wentworth as someone with "just" a bachelor's (which plays into the family's snobbery, though in an academic way...) but with a lot of real world experience. And I like your characterization of Anne's quietness. I look forward to more!
Meduusa chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
a) Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for another Persuasion story.

b) I already love Anne, she's pitiful but amazing. I can't wait to fall in love with Derrick (Excellent improvment on Fredrick, though I've grown to like the name since, come on! he's Wentworth!).

c) Consider this encouragment to continue, yes?
Bee chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
An absolutely wonderful start!

I love Persuasion stories and there needs to be more written.

Please update soon!
kapiolani chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
cute start. i like how you made it modern. so far anne seems typically AE cute - with her gray cardigan and corduroy.

please keep this up. looking forward to your next chapter - i hope it's soon :) thanks for sharing.
QuietSilentWriter chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
I loved your story. We really do need alot more of Persuasion fics. It's my favorite Jane Austen novel. I really like your story and I seriously think you should continue. Also, your really good at writing and you might want to consider making some Persuasion oneshots, you know, like cute little scenes full of fluff. I'm a sucker for those. Definitley continue this story. I'll be waiting for your next update. Please do it soon.