Reviews for Funny Time of Year
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Ha! I loved it! Great little Christmas one shot! :)
AvaLynn chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Very well written and I enjoyed it! :)
Umino Akiko chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I'm pretty sure that's the best christmas ever.
SteveMB chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I just love some of those mental images that instantly popped up with the descriptions: Drakken using the PDP on Shego and Ron declaring "The only real crime here was cancelling Snowman Hank!"

The idea of Drakken turning to Ron to help with his plan to make sure Snowman Hank was back on the air gave me a one-two punch reaction: "What the...? No, wait, I can totally see that happening!" I suppose he didn't want to try such a "hands-on" plan without help, and he wasn't about to ask Shego (her usual level of mockery is one thing, but what he'd get if he proposed something like this would be *far* worse).
MadisonMagnetic chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Drakken is such a dork XD And I think you're spot on with the athiest thing. Fabulous job!
DoofusPrime chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I really enjoyed this story.

The portrayal of Christmas at the Go family's house was quite amusing, as was Slithering Sam befriending the field mouse due to the power of Christmas. I also liked Drakken being excited at the prospect of "evil Christmas."

Ron helping Drakken kidnap the executive to put Snowman Hank on the air was a great idea too. :)

I know what you mean about Drakken and Shego bantering while watching TV. It's just fun to write them conversing about anything, really.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
I just don't get it how your stories always capture me right away and don't let go. I admit the part of the reason I came to read the story was that I still have three reviews to write this year before reaching thousand, and I wanted to review something that I knew I would love, but STILL. How do you do this? How do you make something this funny and entertaining out something as basic as watching TV and bickering?

Both Drakken and Shego were perfectly in character yet again, and you managed to make this both funny and give it a deeper angle. Shego's scotch made me chuckle for some reason because I could just imagine that scene in my head. I also liked the more serious moments, such as when they were discussing their families. You got just the right amount of introspection there to make it interesting without making this too serious for a happy Christmas fic.

The twist that Drakken and Ron had conspired together to get Snowman Hank back on air was a stroke of genius. I also loved the ending with the two of them going to have evil Christmas. Oh, and Shego's snide remarks about the stupidity of the KP Christmas episode were great.

The only bit that caught my eyes was that sometimes you end sentences within quotation marks with a full stop when it should be comma. You sometimes get it right, so I guess it's just a slip. Still, it should look like this,

"Blah blah blah," he said.

In any case, this was a great holiday fic, and I very much enjoyed your take on Drakken and Shego again.
Dinogaby chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Yaay! It's nice to see more fanfics from you! You have a great writing style, very in-character, i think. To tell the truth, I was hoping to see some D/S luff, but I guess we can't have D/S luff ALL THE TIME, lol. Instead, I liked your approach to a Drakken/Shego christmas :)
Movingontosomethingnew chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Excellent D/S Christmas story...and the parts where Shego and Kim fight and Ron and Drakken kidnap the TV executive...that's the KP Christmas special that should have been made. :) It would have been hilarious.

“It’s about doing stuff you don’t wanna do out of some lame sense of guilt or obligation to your family,” she mumbled. Yup...that's pretty much true for me.

The idea of Shego being forced to wear a tacky Christmas sweater by her mom made me laugh...My mom's a fan of Christmas sweaters...store-bought though, not knitted. It's just not possible to look cool with jingle bells on your chest.

I don't see either of them really being practicing members of a certain religion either.

And Dr. D got to win...at least a little...for Christmas. :)
C-Diddy chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Nothing like Christmas with our favorite villainous duo. The best part was Drakken getting Snowman Hank back. That was so funny! Happy holidays!
motorized-sasquatch chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
“Not this time. The buffoon and I had a little agreement.”

When I read that line, I immediately imagined Ron and Drakken, wearing trench coats, fedoras, and smoking cigarrattes, having some shadowy meeting in an out-of-the-way Bueno Nacho about how to keep Snowman Hank on the air without letting the women in their lives find out about it D: It was an amusing vision in my head, at least.

And of course, the last two lines...I lol'd. I appreciate the lack of cheesy nerd humor too ;) Great one-shot!
PoisonousAngel chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Very cute. As always. :) Merry Christmas.
Lon Wolfgood chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Hahahaha! Thank you, apple slicer!

D: They're so lucky to spend the holidays without their families... I wish I had a lair in Alaska.
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Cute and funny fic! You have the characters down pat.

And of course I like the idea of Ron working with Drakken on a kidnapping. ;) XD
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Drakken and Ron and the untimate team up! That was just whack enough to be a sweet tale on an oddball subject.

Good Job!