Reviews for The Silence of Flowers
Kathryn0505 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Oh my god, this is so amazing! You're a fabulous writer. I loved the way it was organized and the way you cut the scenes, it was perfect and created an awesome effect. Great job!
MagentaLee chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I can't believe this is your first published story! You have a great sense for story telling, with the way you've arranged the different time frames. Good luck with your future writing!
missdebra87 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
I thought this was fantastic. Very well written. I hope you continue writing, you're very good.
SuchAGoodGirl chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
You had the tears welling at "Get a grip, Bones"

To echo Brennans sentiment at the end;

hoodie622 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
You brought a tear to my eye.

This is powerful. The way you've blended your events with flashes of what we've seen on the show makes it all the more so.

Please do keep writing for this fandom.
jacklynvt11 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Absolutely beautiful. Really wonderful job. Very sad, but loved it. I liked the flashbacks. Amazing job. :)
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
great shot well done bones for realising that she can be close to them at their grave. sad he had to die look forward to more soon
MoonlightGardenias chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
While there have been character death fics done before, they all have something individually different about them. This...well, half of the way through there were tears in my eyes. It's sad and poigant, and all of the things the show is about. Life amongst death. Love and trust. The fact that, even after death, Booth and Brennan will always be connected.

And I loved the part about how she couldn't quite remember certain details about him. Not that I actually want that to happen, but because it's true. The picture of that person does begin to fade after time, and you can't remember certain details; how they said your name, or the way they smiled when they saw you. The memories are all people have left, and it would be the same for Brennan.

Anyway, an excellent and sad story. I look forward to more from you!
Ashley055 chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Amanda, my love, words cannot express how FUCKING EXCITED I was to happen across your little story. Even though we have already talked it to death, I will now proceed to go over my very favourite parts. But first, I would like to say... Girl, you can write! Never keep anything this huge from me ever again!

I absolutely, fully loved the flashbacks. Loved that you included not only the one with Booth, but the one with Angela, too. Nice touch. I specifically LOVED your descriptions of Booth's body language from Brennan's POV during the dolphin flashback. "Booth was a quiet, strong force beside me". He totally is that! Sigh. Also loved the line: "But one voice spoke up the loudest in my mind, and I voiced it as no more than a whisper".

I think the Sweets part was a wonderful touch. The whole heart talking to her thing. Favourite line from that section: "My shoulders eased back and my breathing slowed as I realized what I was feeling. I was coming home." Wow, because Booth totally is her home. Even if she never was able to quite admit that when he was alive. The Jefferesonian was always her favourite place, but it was never a home until Booth came along to complete her little family.

I nearly melted into a big pile of goo and tears when you ended the Angela flashback - "I have very few distinct memories of my mother" - by morphing into the present with "but I have plently of you". Gah! I think that was probably my all-time favourite part. Emotionally anyway, I think the cutest part however was when she heard Booth's voice correct her from "get a grasp" to "get a grip". Also the rest of that section, immediatley following that correction is incredible. Especially: "Instead, I rocked back on the balls of my feet - just like he did - and I allowed the potent, dark thought swallow me whole. Just as it did every year, each time I came here." Holy moley, way with words much, lady?

Your description of the car crash is unbelievable. But I won't go into that, because I may have to quote the entire thing and I only have just under 80 characters left to write! (PS...I have never written a review even remotely close to the length of this one!)

Loved the little bits of Angela you worked in. You have her voice perfectly, which should be expected seeing as you ARE Angela. You broke my heart with...' "Oh, sweetie." And that was all she said. But it was enough. '

Again, I think the way you morphed the final flashback - "It's beautiful," I breathed. "Yeah." Booth agreed - into the present was amazing. "And it was beautiful. Being here...A natural aroma that put my heart into a steady beat. Beautiful. I leaned over and softly placed my lips on the cool exterior of the marble. Beautiful." GAH! Amanda you are incredible! I again reinforce my earlier statement that you are never allowed to keep something as huge as this massive loads of talent bottled up and away from me ever, ever again!

Lastly, the final line just about killed me. Love the connection to the flashback. Love even more than she called herself 'Temperance' to him - a clear admittance that he is, in fact, one of the very, very few people whom she trusts with her truest, most vulnerable identity. Sigh.

Have I mentioned that I FUCKING LOVE YOU!

I love that you kept this a surprise. It made it all that more wonderful to happen across it. Love you for being totally fine that I woke you up to rant about this. Cannot freaking wait to write a story together. Cannot wait to read your other work! Know that I will forever be stepping it up a notch to get my writing up to par with yours.

I love you again. And know that this is at least 20 times longer than any other review I have ever written. You should feel special! Seriously though, this was amazing. You blew me away!
awilystar chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
This was beautiful. A friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver, so it really touched me deeply. Loved the ending, with Brennan going to talk to Booth. And the flashback seemed to fit to me. Welcome to the fandom, and I hope to read more from you!