Reviews for Thoughts in Iambic Pentameter
shrimpeater chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Nice. I would have liked to hear thoughts from Joshua about his mothers death...
Still well thought up.
I like it.
RWT chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
"Your mother did that to you? At least Marisa's dad dulled her swords, but you-and you don't see anything wrong with that?"

"My mother was a proud woman!" Joshua reasons, to little avail. "If I was a girl, she would have done the exact same thing. And I'd probably be best friends forever with Marisa!"

-Haha, that actually would be true. nyuu...I like this fic, it's quiet though has lots of nice relationship scenes.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Very pretty. I enjoy the voice you used for Natasha's inner thoughts. All the world-building details- Jehanna and its quirks, and its difference to the rest of Magvel- are fascinating. In terms of character development, I find it a realistic portrait of a complex grief, interspersed with reflections on the fragility of life. I found the ending abrupt on a first read, but after reading through a second time, I quite like its subdued nature. All in all, a bittersweet and thoughtful piece.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
That was good. I wanted to read something of yours to see how to write in the present, and I think I'm learning. The story was good too, but honestly, I was more focused on how you wrote it instead of why. Great job with both.
depression76 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Hi there.I just want to say that i love your JoshuaxNatasha stories very much xp.

I like the way u write too,it's really good. The way Natasha caught Joshua in the act just made me grin.

Will u write more anytime soon?

anyway,good job xp

c ya around xD
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Hi there, Leradny! At the behest of the Little Circle of Reviewyness, here I am

I actually couldn't find any grammatical/spelling errors of note. Congratulations! I liked this story overall. All the characters are in character, so to speak, and I especially liked the addition of that whetting song-added quite a bit of flavor to Joshua's personality and Jehannan culture. Good job :D
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Hi there, leradny! :D In the spirit of Reviewyness, here I am.

I liked the story. It's hard to properly review this one because the chronology of these scenes is a bit vague, but the basic idea is there. I had a hard time describing exactly how I felt about this.

The addition of the little details is what makes the whole story, in my opinion. The songs, the swords, the stories. Actually, I would have liked to hear more stories, maybe having Natasha and the mercenaries sitting around a campfire listening to one of Joshua's stories from beginning to end. I don't know why, but I feel like we sort of hear about Joshua, but we don't actually get to KNOW him, you know what I mean? I know that's tough to do in a short one-shot, but I definitely think it could be done in a reasonably short space.

I also thought the ending was a bit of an anticlimax, especially since there was such a great deal of camaraderie established between Joshua, Natasha, and the mercenaries. It would have been nice to hear firsthand Josh spill his guts to Natasha instead of just hearing ABOUT it, especially considering both of them are the story's focal characters. Maybe that's just me asking too much. XD

Sorry if I ended up sounding too negative. I really did like the story: I thought the tone of the story fit nicely with Natasha's mellow personality, and it was very thoughtfully told. Nice work!
MissPixel chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
So beautiful! I'm stunned by how perfectly the characters melded together... you have an incredible sense of dialogue and personality, and the first thing I do after submitting this review is go look for your other work.

Thank you for writing a GOOD FE8, or FE in general, story. Cheers!
Measured chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Your characterization and inclusion of details (such as whetting songs and family stories makes the story itself quite lush and well detailed. It's a breath of fresh air