Reviews for Doctor Who: The Last Tenth Doctor Story
dragonlordrb chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
WOW! Amazing. A very good story with an unusual plot twist.
Silverdragonstar chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I loved the thought that The Doctor would even get Death (herself) to work with him. Seems right.
TheAngelsHaveThePhoneBox chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
Wow, this was a really well written fic. The dialogue between the Doctor and Death was epic. Nice touch not only having the Doctor trick death, but also having his last story not end with a battle or even a regeneration.

The weird thing is, this story was published in 2008. You predicited a lot. The Doctor running at the beginning and visiting all those different planets is a bit like what we're told the Doctor did in between Waters of Mars and the End of Time. Also, even if it turned out to be a trick, the Doctor's wicked grin and his attempt to defeat death are very similar to the Doctor at the end of The Waters of Mars.

Anyway, I was surprised to read in The Writer's Tale that Tennant's final adventure was very nearly just one episode. I didn't like the sound of that, because I thought his death needed to be epic and that could only be done in a two parter. As it turned out, The End of Time was a bit of a mixed bag, with some moments being brilliant and others being... not so much. If they had gone with something like your story, simple but still with an epic feel, I still would have been thoroughly satisfied.
timano chapter 2 . 2/24/2009
Your story is exciting and cleverly plotted-and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! 10 out of 10 stars.

And something like that would make a good final story for a Doctor-you could even adapt it to show why the end of his 13th life isn't really his final death...

If you wanted to, of course.
firebreathingfishies chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
This was absolutely fantastic. Easily the best story I've read on here for a long time. Brilliant concept, the Doctor tricking Death like that. Great job, well done!
Dead Composer chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Excellent story! Leave it to the Doctor to outwit Death. (I wonder what a Who version of Ingmar Bergman's "The Seventh Seal" would be like.)