Reviews for We Who Are About to Die
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 16 . 10/8/2013
Agh! I must read more! Please update soon! I know it's been a while since u last did, but plz write more!
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 14 . 10/8/2013
Omg yes! I was so hoping that the portrait would turn out to be nellie! And it did!
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 10 . 10/7/2013
Yes! Finally she knows he's here! I must say, I really enjoy the flashbacks you put in this story. I especially like this one about his scars.
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 9 . 10/7/2013
Your writing is bloody amazing! The battle scenes you wrote are full of action, and I love them! And I was hoping Toby would see Sweeney eventually! The story is going amazing, and I am anxious to read the next chapter!
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 8/29/2013
Poor everybody . . .
BeYourselfNobodyElseCan chapter 16 . 11/24/2012
Wow, this is the BEST fanfiction I have ever read! I wish I had so much talent like you two do! please update soon as possible 'cause it's been almos 2 years since you last updated; 03-24-11 and we are in; 11-24-12. by the way it's almost Christmas! YAY! but seriously please update 3
Madame-Monocles chapter 16 . 6/1/2012
this is great. I really hope you continue, and Nellie and Todd end up together
silver and rubies chapter 16 . 5/7/2011
Hats off to Saime Joxxers for taking this story on.

As always a wonderful instalment. I think my favourite section of this chapter has to be with Todd and him actually somewhat opening up to a complete stranger, touching character development.

Patiently awaiting another chapter,

Silver
Singingbabe1993 chapter 16 . 4/2/2011
finally a story that is not about Sweeney and nellie! Please update soon!
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 16 . 3/30/2011
Sorry for the late reply! I have been so kiddy for a few days that I haven't been able to write anything coherent XD (And I'm also ill. Headache and computer don't go well together.) How COULD we forget about this story? It's pure epicness! 8D I want to thank you and Robynne for all the work you've put into this. The fact that this fic is still getting written makes me tremendously happy!

Firstly, kudos to Robynne for managing to keep the same writing style (which, I imagine, is not an easy task)! She did an admirable job and seriously deserves some sort of award.

I love the beginning with Toby, I've missed him and the oh-so-realistically written fight scenes. He killed for the first time in this chapter, didn't he? :O I can't remember him doing that in any of the earlier chapters. Oh well, I'm glad he didn't get terribly hurt, I'm worried about his safety all the time. He's too cute to be killed! xD

...Okay, I love the whole scene with Sweeney even more than the beginning. It oozes epicness. The image of Todd and his men marching in the snow, freezing wind blowing their hair and clothes - I don't know, I found that awfully pretty in my head for some reason. And... I still can't say anything about the rescue/whipping scene but OMFGAWESOMENESS multiplied by 100. It was perfection all the way!

Also, I love MacMullen. I found him suddenly very adorable when he removed his cap before he spoke to the unfortunate woman. I love Johnson, too - I've actually missed her, it brought a smile to my face when she was mentioned for the first time! And you know, I just realized... I think I like Sergeant!Todd much much more than Barber!Todd. Army, killing and giving orders suit him terribly well.

Oh, I almost forgot to say, I love that Todd kept the drawing and keeps it close to his heart, it's extremely in character (and sweet). If Nellie only knew that... I'm still mad at her for what she did in the previous chapter because I don't want to see Nate getting his heart crushed. But he will. I feel it in my bones. D: DUN DUN DUNN. Man, I love this fic.

But anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH DOJO & ROBYNNE for the fabulous update! *applauds* *throws paper hearts in the air* I'll (quite) patiently wait for chapter 17. w
Charmingly-Evil chapter 16 . 3/29/2011
yaaaay you've updated! i'm so glad that you've updated this fic, i absolutely love it! and as always a great update. wonderfully written and only keeping me on my toes for the next update! also hate to say this but it has been a while since i've read this and i've forgotten who minerva was. could you refresh my memory please? anyway awesome update! good luck with your next chapter!
Virusir chapter 16 . 3/27/2011
Firstly, I want to say thank you for being such a sweetheart on allowing me to write an anonymous review. I know that you dislike the anonymous reviews and their troublesome repeatable nonsense, but the gesture of yours makes me feel quite special. Again, thank you. :)

Secondly, I want to express my thanks to Saime Joxxers. Miss Joxxers, if you do get word of this review in any way, I want to personal say that you are the Savior of the Sweeney Todd famdom. Your presence here on this site has been nothing but a infinite miracle and a blessing from the heavens to the Sweeney Todd writers and readers.

I surely hope that you receive an award of some sort for your charitable actions. You are a humanitarian for fictional murderers everywhere. :)

And lastly the final part of this serious review, the chapter in itself has been worth the wait. As usual the whole foundation of this fanfic has been nothing but meticulously composed with a keen eye of dexterous skill. There have been multiple times where I was awed by such redefined penmanship, where I have to re-read the whole chapter twice just to feel satisfied as an capable reader. It's the way you write story and the way the story can make you feel by just reading it. I cannot explain quite well with my meager level of grammar on what to say other than this:

You are very skilled beyond your years. ;)

Toby's little rescue strikes me as a foreshadowing hint. Turning coat for the enemy where the demon barber may reside, tells me maybe the little kid might have his revenge. But who knews at this point.

Also, Nellie tying knots with Nathan, I have no comments on that subject. No matter how far she flees, Neille Lovett can never escape the ghost of Sweeney Todd. Obsessive love is quite an cancerous thing.

All in all, continue what you do best and write wonderful stories, even if it takes you months in advance to submit one update. ;)

Yours Truly,

Virusir.
Virusir chapter 16 . 3/26/2011
You have no idea on how ecstatic I was when your story alert came up in my mailbox.

I was almost hysterical in tears when I refreshed the screen, to found out that I wasn't trapped inside some wicked dream and the update was real.

If I could only draw out my reaction... XD

DojoGhost, you don't have to thank us for not forgetting your story. We, the readers, should be thanking you for not abandoning your story. I was losing hope in seeing an update for this story. Really I was.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Funkyflamingo, the fanfiction writer of the Sweeney Todd fanfic "Deception", updated to notify everyone that there won't be anymore fanfics or updates from her ever again.

She lost interest in writing.

But since Saime Joxxers is now taking over this story, I AM HAPPY!

...

I don't think I can write a real serious review right now. So emotionally overwhelmed.

I will writer a anonymous review later, when my emotions calm down.

*sheds tears of joy*

I loved the chapter by the way!
Thalia-Sandy chapter 16 . 3/26/2011
First of all, Saime Joxxers deserves a medal for being awesome!She keeps reminding Pamena to update her fics, and now she takes over this story!Seriously...SUPER AWESOME!

On to the actual review ;)

It's good to hear from Toby again.I'm so glad he didn't die in the battle or get severely hurt.

Sweeney Todd is a freaking Hero! The scene where he rescued the woman was so amazingly written.

Also, the way Carver's punishment was described was very intense.

The flashback was my favorite part in this chapter,so sad and emotional...especially the ending of it broke my heart!

I'm still not a fan of the Nellie/Nathan romance...

Either way, I loved this chapter!
Inkfire chapter 16 . 3/26/2011
I loved this chapter. it was incredibly beautiful and well done :)