Reviews for An Unbearable Christmas
SylvieT chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
This was hilarious in parts and serious in others. Very well done for managing the two whilst keeping a very intresting case going. I don't know how I missed this when it first came out but...I loved it.

Greg scoffed. “Yeah right. When do you ever think about beauty?” Greg said softly.

“When I think of Sara,” Grissom said equally as soft.

I'm still chuckling at that. Too many lines to quote.

"Ho, ho, ho...who you calling a ho?" Now, I want to know who came up with that one.
ELM22 chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
“I wasn’t thinking about the hospital, asshole.”

Ah, Jim such a colorful character:) I loved that. Especially when Grissom got it:) You know how to make a reader happy!
Tripple-A-Plus chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I love reading about Grissom and Brass relationship and you wrote it wonderfully. Thank you so much.
RocketScientist2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I am sorry but this story is totally unacceptable. I am forced to take issue with you on the strongest of terms possible. The words "END" and "THE" placed in that story there is a disgrace and is an affront to literature and story telling. You such us all the way in and build it up to our poor bleeding hero and then STOP. I mean what were you thinking? "I'll leave it there and go get on with my life as I got all this stuff to do before christmas" - I am sorry but that is just not good enough. Those of us who should really be tiding the house before the out-laws descend and 'tut', but spend their time glued to a fanfic telling the kids to watch tv it is good for them, do not find 'xmas' or 'I have a real life' good enough excuses.

I expect a retraction of the offending two words, or surely a postponement to get the reactions, guilt from that heart breaker Sara (whose clearly insane to leave The Bugman in sad-ville) and hopefully rightful correction of misjudgments of the aformentioned Bugman. A "sequel" surely? Painful recovery and Sorry sara? More of those ace oneliners who had in this? (you should be writing those for the show). But at the very least one more chapter to be inserted before this can be story excceptable enough to be put on the same "ultimate-all-time-favs-clipped-and-kept-list" along with the works of those devilish prowriter11 and moonstarer to whom all must bow down and worship dazzling talent...

er does this constitute a "review"? Or should I go through how well crafted this was, totally gripping and emotional on the sutle Griss-angst tear jerking, but best is the the wit and plays on words. All round superb, but just stopped short of fully rounded! I have heard of leave them wanting more but what? Excellent - best 'oneshot' I've read in ages.
fakebeebite85 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This was awsome. I really enjoyed it.
sdbeth chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I enjoyed that story very much. I, too, love Brass and Grissom together. I got several laughs, too. Thanks so much.

Flo1804 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Well, Young Jedis, you two fell this time in the dark side of the Force, I mean, of the Fan Fiction.

Is it your first attempt to write angst ? You really did a great job, the story was interesting, characters were creepy, some funny lines to lighten the atmosphere.I liked how you managed to insert Natalie Davis, the interaction between Grissom & Brass, Greg & Grissom.

Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope to read from you two soon.
ProWriter11 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008

I realize I had read this story before, but when I'm editing, I can't stop to enjoy what I'm reading. I have to focus on what I'm doing. So today, I just sat back and read it for enjoyment. It is a very entertaining story. Really. You are a good team. You certainly did well with my Zorro story. I hope this is a sign of more collaboration to come.

Moonstarer chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
A very deep and heartfelt 'Thank You'. I'm not sure how Gary Bear will feel about being a vic, but he probably wouldn't be able to read this without putting his paws over his eyes any way.

Prisoner will take a little longer than intended but I really hope I'll be done by Twelfth Night.

Maerry Christmas and thank you once again.
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Really nice! You've captured the characters very well and the dark humor was great. Merry Christmas.