Reviews for Quidditch Tryouts
Roses are red chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I liked the idea of the story but I didn't like some of the phrasing particularly the fact that u used whilst in stead of while I had trouble getting over that, maybe it was just me though...
Good luck and happy writing!

Roses are red
wekfnwekonf chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I like this story :) I can imagine it happening and it's so sweet! I love Katie's cheeky personality and to be honest, there aren't enough stories around Katie and Oliver. Keep up the good work :D
bigger infinities chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Haha! Loved it! And I know this is like super old, I'm reviewing cause I took the Oath to the Review Revolution, but yeah whatever! I still loved it!

(\ /)

Bunny! :)

('.')

(")_(")
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Sweet. I liked the climax and build-up.
luverojamesandlily chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
this is really cute!
Deleted1234 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Hey PurpleAngel! I enjoyed this cute little story! It's good on it's own as a oneshot, but I could totally see you making it into something bigger, building on the foundation you've laid here. Oliver seems appropriately intense and I love how he is affected by little Katie (he's a fifth year, she's a second-right?). And I also like how even though she is a bit awestruck by him, she can hold her own. It would be great to see their story through the years, or even contrast this to a professional try-out when they're both older, when their age difference isn't as much of an issue.

I also wanted to add that I thought you wrote the Weasley twins and Angelina quite well, the twins in particular seem very in character.

Thanks for pointing me your way, this was a fun and cute read.~Amy
ultraviolet9 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Oh, haha, this was endlessly amusing. ) You've got great chemistry between Katie and Oliver- my favorite part is as follows:

He was looking at her. Oliver was looking at her. The Oliver Wood was looking at her. And now, he was talking to her. Katie couldn’t believe it. Oliver Wood was actually talking to her.

“Err…are you ok?” Oliver asked, waving a hand in front of Katie’s face.

“Yeah…yeah, of course I am,” she replied.

“Okay, then do you want to get up in the air? Cause the rest of your group is already up and they’re just waiting for you,” he said, gesturing towards the sky.

“Oh! Yeah, I’ll go join them. Sorry,” she managed to mumble as her cheeks turned pink. She joined the group, ignoring the huge grins Fred was throwing her way. Friend or not, if he carried on the way he was, she would feel almost obliged to tell Filch who had let off Dungbombs in his office.

That bit was absolutely hilarious.. Just the phrasing, the way he awkwardly handled things.. it was very good. The rest of your characters were also very well fleshed out- the twins were appropriately mischevious and evil, Angelina was perfectly business like and Alicia was her charming self. And your Katie Bell has an extremely entertaining way of looking at things. ) Me likie. )
of self chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
I really enjoyed reading this story. I liked how you captured Oliver's nervousness-the poor boy has the least amount of belief in himself- as a captain. And I also liked Katie, she seemed quite sensible and nice despite having the hots for Oliver and did not let that affect her game. And as I was reading this I could see movie- verse's Oliver Wood in my head( and he is ever so cute!). Great story and sorry for the ramble-y sort of review. :)
HorcruxFinder chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I liked that! I think you really captured the personalities of both Katie and Oliver. And it was so believeable too. Keep up the good work :)
cinroc chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Great story. I love how you write Katie. Please epand on this story. Thanks for sharing it.