Reviews for Another New Life
Mileycfan4eva chapter 4 . 9/4/2019
Love the story, sad Casey left in the end. Watching the early seasons now on season nine. Dreading the end. Dose everyone in the show really hate Kim that much? I only saw one episode with her so far. Now I'm dreading her time as ADA.
CrimeShowFamilies chapter 11 . 11/13/2018
Where trial does tend to be more formal you did a good job, especially to say you've never been to trial or witnessed it in person.

When Kim says "Objection! What is the relevance of this?" many ADAs would have said 'Objection! Relevance?' and the judge would have said 'Objection sustained' or 'Objection overruled' and say something to either the ADA or the Defence Attorney. Or at least that is how it was when I was working Major Crimes

Overall, very good. Don't take the above too personally and carry on writing
WritingForMySoul12 chapter 11 . 1/11/2013
Nice ending
WritingForMySoul12 chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
Shes not ready to admit the abuse
WritingForMySoul12 chapter 5 . 1/11/2013
Damn no one saw her leave?
WritingForMySoul12 chapter 4 . 1/11/2013
Why is kim such a cunt
WritingForMySoul12 chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Poor case
KendalBeringWells chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
There is no way Casey Novak is a woman who would let a man get away with one rape let alone two, going back to him? What a fraked up story.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 11 . 6/25/2012
Poor Casey. Nice story
MidnightHalcyon chapter 11 . 7/19/2010
Oh wow, sad ending but well written.
kneelinfrontofthequeen chapter 11 . 5/4/2009
Well...

That's time for me to regret that I'm not that brilliant in English 'cause I'm afraid that I won't have enough words to say what I want to.

But anyway...

This story is way too good to be written by somebody who isn't a professional writer. It made me laugh, it made me empathizing, even crying - especially at the end. I've been crying for the last several paragraphs of the story.

Casey&Liv are my favorite characters and this storyline about their friendship and traumas and dedication... It's just what I value in fanfics.

This story is more than wonderful!
EnforcerAndAccuserFan chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
It is an appropriate finish. Casey's decision to lose touch with her friends is sad but understandable. Some people do that when they want to put a devastating past or past event behind them. Also, I notice how you are careful to address Cragen's alcoholism after mentioning his shot glass. Nice move; for a moment I though you made a mistake.

As for Casey's performance on the witness stand, it is worthy of an episode. Her explanation and her display of the scar depict the strength of her desire for justice in spite of her pain. Although she needs a pep talk, she manages to act in-character.

In the future, please watch your punctuation.

Keep up the good work for any future stories.
Alexandra-Casey-Olivia chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
Oh you cant stop now, let us know what way it was good. I love that Casey confinced Olivia to be nice, it is something that she would do. You did a great job with this story.
Alexandra-Casey-Olivia chapter 10 . 1/10/2009
It was good. I am glad that Alex is comming back, its not Casey but it is still good. You are doing great with this story. Please update soon, i want to know what happends.
EnforcerAndAccuserFan chapter 10 . 1/10/2009
Casey coping mechanism is unfortunately realistic. People, especially those with self-esteem issues, can use abusive coping mechanisms. Olivia's support and concern are not unexpected as she is the daughter of an alcoholic as well as a caring friend.

Elliot's analysis of Kim's status with the team is accurate and delivered in-character. Further, his partner's and the ADA's scene is well done. Dick Wolf should take notes from you because the women are acting believeably and in-character.

Kudos for fleshing out Kim. You've done a better job than the SVU writers.

Keep up the good work.