Reviews for The Confrontation of Susan
Anne Redwood chapter 5 . 6/9/2014
This is very well written, even if the topic is sad. It always makes me sad to think how Susan grew apart from her siblings, and you caught that feeling well. Keep writing. :)
WingedFlight chapter 5 . 1/5/2009
oh good job! I think that would be exactly how Peter would act, too.
Valiant Flower chapter 5 . 1/1/2009
Sorry, I had to review this chapter, too. I like the way you did Peter, although I don't think he would say she was no friend of his. Again, great job!
Valiant Flower chapter 4 . 1/1/2009
I like this chapter. At the end, I think you may have meant without another word. 'World' confused me. Good job!
Rasberry Parfait chapter 5 . 12/31/2008
I like it. It made sense that he would have to get mad to confront her...and it also made sense that he wouldn't be good with female attention. I mean, you read all those PeterXOC fics or even EdmundXOC fics, and they almost invariably mention that Peter gets a lot of attention from girls, but never seems to note how he handles it.

But yeah. I just really like what you've done with the characters. You haven't like...okay, put it this way: you can tell that C.S. Lewis didn't write this, because you've taken the characters and added your own touches. Like saying that Eustace has the same smile as Lucy, just not quite as charismatic. But at the same time, I think that Lewis would be happy with what you've done with them. You haven't really changed them, you've just added to them. I can't really describe the result, but sometimes I think that it's one of the cornerstones of an exceptional fanfiction.

-Raspberry Parfait
JuseaPeterson chapter 5 . 12/31/2008
Wow, Peter was still trying and it wasn't until that moment when he finally understood. I do like how you did his reaction.

I love that last line about Susan, very well done, she had to realize something and that really shook her it seems.
JuseaPeterson chapter 4 . 12/26/2008
I really like how Polly mentioned it straight forward to Susan. Susan trying to tell Polly to not encourage the others sounds like what she would do.

I love how Polly simply says that Susan has a lot to learn because she really does.

Great job on this one.
Rasberry Parfait chapter 4 . 12/24/2008
Wow...

That was intense.

I liked it. Can't wait for more!

-Raspberry Parfait
elecktrum chapter 4 . 12/24/2008
Susan is a perfect example of someone that didn't grow up, but just got older.
ilysia chapter 4 . 12/24/2008
Short but cutting. Polly's just exactly as I think she would be when confronting a 'grown-up' Susan. And Susan is appropriately, childishly, grown-up.
Ashley Hammond Astro Yellow chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
Well, Susan shouldn't have ever denied Narnia in the first place! She totally deserves this.

Love,

AH/AY
ilysia chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
The details here are wonderful, though the chapters are short. The comment that Eustace has the same smile as Lucy was fantastic- somehow it really brings that the fact that he is a Narnian and a cousin to the front. A little harsher here on Susan than previously, but still very appropriate and natural.
JuseaPeterson chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
Ouch. Their comments really got to the point as well and they weren't subtle. I like their reactions to Susan and how she's changed from previous meetings or stories.

Great job at this, especially the part where she's left alone, because in the end she will be.

I look forward to the next chapter, and at the same time I know it'll get much more sad and hard to read knowing that she will separate herself from the rest.
JuseaPeterson chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
Ouch. The way Lucy snapped at Susan, unlike the way she handled things other times when she was younger...still Lucy, but older and more knowledgable. I think you captured how they aren't really close like sisters anymore, even with Susan going along with it.

I love the way Lucy analyzed the way the courting is going with Susan and why she doesn't care for it.

Another great job.
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Wow. I can see Edmund being the one to be upfront about it like this. It had to be so hard to see one of their siblings fall like Susan did. I like how you had the pain there, but also the dignity and calmness that Edmund would have. Also Susan, you made it real on how she was forgetting but remembering a bit slightly with the silhouette.

Great job.