Reviews for Home for the Holidays
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Another great story man, was hoping 4 i engagement ring but understand y it was a promise ring. Ur KP stories rock bro hope u write more
Valerie3 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I just finished watching the magic trick Ron did on youtube. I couldn't stop laughing; I loved it! By your description Ron was just as good as David Copperfield.
Reader101w chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Great story, loved the magic act.

It took Kim a while to appreciate the Christmas spirit in the hospital, but once Ron showed it to her, she really warmed up.

Keep up the very good writing that you do,

Eddy13 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Well, I know this story has been out for a couple of years, but I decided to reply now. I really do like how you portray Ron. Confident yet still retaining his qualities. Kim's reaction to what she discovered about her family was pretty hilarious. I do believe if it weren't for Ron, Kim's original assumptions would've become accurate. Incidentally, I do believe that little exchange between Kim and Ron was from a Calvin and Hobbes strip, was it not? It was nice that Ron managed to convince Kim to make the best of the situation and that they have a bright future ahead of them. Very nice story, Nutzkie. One of the reasons I favor your tales.
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Another well-written story, Nutzkie. It fits in with your other pieces that have Ron a fighter pilot, and touches on a lot of basic truths as well. I enjoyed the comparison of the snowfall resembling a fairy-tale setting...or a cheap snow-globe! Whimsical and silly at the same time.

Slupsters shaken, not stirred...and the latest Zombie Mayhen videogame is called "You Only Die Twice," eh? I see that you are a fan of Agent 007, to some degree.

The way Kim is "sweating it out" while waiting for Ron to return from his mission in the Sky Rat reminded me of the scenes in the movie "Twelve O'Clock High" where the ground crews are waiting for the B-17s of the 918th Bomb Group to return from a mission. Very appropriate feelings for Kim to have, when Ron has to "Go in Harm's Way" without her.

I understand Kim's feelings at a major change in the established routine for celebrating Christmas. That has happened to me several times, as family members moved away or died off. But the spirit of the time and what the day means can never change, thank goodness.

If Ron's trick with that banana and Kim's purse had gone wrong, there isn't a jury on earth that wouldn't excuse any mayhem she did to Ron in return! Justifiable homicide would indeed be the only logical verdict.

Pardon my spellchecking at this point, but, the correct spelling of that word is arCtic, and not artic! There are two Cees in arctic. (Perhaps I've been doing too much research on aviation in the polar regions lately. The correct spelling of arctic has become a bugaboo with me.)

All in all, a very nice Kim Possible story, and an enjoyable Christmas tale as well. Nice bit of double action, sir. Thank you for your efforts.

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Great Holiday story, it will be a tough contender for the contest.

I did enjoy all the activities Ron and Kim did for the others at the hospital.

Also I'm glad it didn't turn out that Wade was the one who needed the operation. I was way off on that thought.

Thanks for the time and effort, and good luck with the contest.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
This was an amazing Christmas story. Your prose was vivid and strong all through the fic and you managed to describe every setting and the characters' thoughts in just the right amount of detail. I love authors who can get a little wordy sometimes, so the beginning and the portrayal of the cold winter scene was a real treat to read.

Apart from that, this story really captured the spirit of Christmas. Kim's dislike for spending Christmas at the hospital felt very real and in-character to me, just like Ron's reaction and how she convinced Kim of what really matters about Christmas did.

All in all, this was a delightful story that brought the holiday spirit right back even though Christmas is already over. Awesome work!
Katsumara chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Aw. A wonderful Christmas story here, Nutzkie. I guess this is from your "Where Eagles Dare" story arc? I guess from the plane landing there at the start and all. I was also curious if this was before or after their wedding. I got my answer as I read on.

Either way, it was a fantastic story. Very sweet, and I loved how in character each character was. I also liked the reference to that purse of Kim's, haha. Both Kim and Ron's reactions were quite funny during that little magic trick.

Keep up the good work, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 12/20/2008

Merry Christmas Happy Chanukkah And joyful holidays to the world May peace and prosperity rule the new year to come. And many more to follow

Ja ne

Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
_ what a great start for chritmas. I truly like this story. I give you probs. You actually brought out the true meaning of Christmas. Its not a place, but the people your with. Pretty powerful story if you ask me. Keep on writing.

captainkodak1 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008

Loved this one for several reasons. Kim realized home is where the heart is and as long as the hearts for together then they are home. My wife and I have spent a many a holiday in the hospital with our son. Luckily we never spent Christmas, although is was close a couple of times. We did spend one New Year in a Children's ward. Your story was just perfect for this time of year and the message was great. Kim and Ron were together, doing what they do best in a special place. Thanks again for the story.

The Captain
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Quite an eventful Christmas Eve Kim went through. But as she was reminded of, so very many times, where she spent the event wasn't as important as with whom it was spent.

Leave it to the guardian of all things in her life of the heart and soul to remind Kim of the spirit of the occasion with her family. Ron came through so many times with Kim to show her that where the heart is, is as important as where she physically may be.

Her heart on this holiday, is with her family, wherever they are... and with Ron. His plot for the evening fit in wherever he ended up and Kim got the benefits that came from his childlike wonder and exposition.

A promise made to be kept, that flash of metal and emerald accepted for a future date to be fulfilled for more between them.

Kim has a bright future to look forward to with her Ron in this night spent showing her that Home is where her heart is, and for this holiday its where she is with loved ones.

Merry Christmas Nutzkie!

spectre666 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Aw, that is so cute and fluffy. :-) I really enjoyed it. Leaves a nice warm feeling behind. KP is sometimes a little slow, but she eventually gets to the point. Very well done.

Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Nutzkie, Very nice. When you started it, I was wondering before or after wedding. Now I know. Ron was very much IC, Kim too. Ron always finds a way to burrow into her heart doesn't he.

I think you have a good chance. I am not entering this year so you are safe. Like I would even get close. I have been working on my own stuff currently and trying to get things through beta.

As always thanks Bud, I liked the whole thing.

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Larry (Sentinel 103)
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
"Home is where the heart is." And nowhere has it been so ably described as in this tale.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.