Reviews for All for a Flan
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Very funny. I liked the part where Holmes was fussing about washing his hair.
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
HOw very silly! *loves*
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
lol i could see that happening XD maybe not with quite that level of "distress" in so trivial a matter, but all the same... hehe
Pompey chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Peals of laughter.

Poor Holmes, no egg shampoo for you!
Tris's sister chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I liked it a lot! The style of talking and the expressions used really fit the time and place! Also, the narration is superb! Particularly good is the bit describing how Holmes strikes a match. And the part describing!the mess on the table is funny in a cleverly subtle way! And the way he and Watson interact is believable; true to their characters and habit of interaction! I also love how the story contains a historical and cultural fact! Please excuse the lack of paragraphs and abundance of exclamation points in this reveiw. I love you, Sis! Keep the creativity going! You rock! (: Tris's sister
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
LOL! Oh dear, poor Holmes - that's quite a problem :) Although I'm told beer works equally well. Thank goodness for shampoo!

Very funny. Loved it!
aragonite chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Too bad he didn't know the trick of baking soda! Then again, there would be no tension! Holmes was obsessed with his appearance, so like him to go off on a tirade! And Watson along for the ride-hee hee!
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Yay

Interesting and I look forward to more :D
Mysterylover17 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Very cute little piece of silliness!
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Ah, another Holmes monograph! :) That was fun! And how the heck do you write so fast? :)

It's kind of scary to think that lemons and eggs were actually used to wash hair once upon a time... Then again, who knows what's in our hair products!

As a side note, I do think a Victorian would have added "me" to the end of "Care to come with," but that's just a tiny detail.
KCS chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Heehee! I never thought about the fact that they didn't actually have shampoos and so on in those days, lol. And AW, what a nice thing for Holmes to say in the last line!

One itsy nitpick, though - a monograph is a written format, not a spoken one, at least according to my desk dictionary. Maybe "lecture" would be the right word in this case, or "discussing a monograph"? *shrug*