Reviews for Alteration
Kmdarkside chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I really liked this, a request though, if you do another one of these could you please maybe try something with kilindi matako (shes a favrite character of mine and a natulean, the place i read about her was in "the wrath of darth maul" which is a novel but i forget the auther) like what if she hadnt died back on oarsis (or however you spell it) and what happened like way after that or something. just thought it would be something coool and something id love to read about, but its just a suggestion:)
Amanda J. Moore chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Wait, so, Maul killed Obi-Wan with a stab to the heart and then Obi-Wan came back to life later on for Maul to have a grudge against him? Are all parts separate or companions of the same story?

Reading Darth Maul's journal would give better insight to most of his life, methinks.

It might just be me, but the characterizations seemed a tad off. Is it just me?
lexophile42 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
In one word... awesome. Literally. Awe. The boy-like dynamics of Maul's character is highlighted beautifully in this piece. Absolutely awesome.

Thank you.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I enjoyed reading this story; it's nicely written, and I really liked where your speculation took you.
Anne Lessing chapter 1 . 5/1/2009

::sits at computer in stupefied amazement, then tries to clear thoughts-without much success::

It is not often I gush. I am usually a tough reviewer. But I saw ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with these fics, so here come the waterworks.

Your writing style is unlike anything I've ever seen. You use commas masterfully, building the tension to a single breathless point, then sweeping it away in a gut-wrenching finale.

Do you have a Force connection with Maul? You slid in and out of his mind effortlessly. It makes MY poor little characterization of Maul look like a frail shadow. I especially loved:

"Time is just an utterance to him, one more syllable to be clipped by almost-canine teeth, and words are useless, because everything is nownownow for him, one spark of life after another like falling tattoo needles, clattering across the inkstained floor as Sidious laughs at what he has made."

Perfect. Beautiful. You've made Maul my favorite character out of any Star Wars movie or book ever. The adjectives and the phrasing and the way you included Fisto without even saying his name and the...everything! The FIGHT SCENES! I loved those! Hats off.

Now I can't wait to read more of your fics; I will definitely do that as soon as I get the chance. This was easily one of the best written fics in any fandom that I have ever read. ::bows respectfully::

May the Force be with you!

CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
A great story. Very good.
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
This was pretty good.
Derek Metaltron chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Nice! This is a worthy addition to the Five Things mythos. I'm going to be hard pressed to come up with Five Maul stories on my own 'Five Things' which stand up to the awesomeness of these, particualrly the last one which is very well written. Well done. :)
Wayne7793 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
This is some interesting stuff! I like What if? stories, and this is a great example of Darth Maul being a larger part of the Star Wars Universe long past his actual movie death. Great Job!