Reviews for Undying Again
Elledreamer chapter 3 . 9/19/2012
'refusing to allow himself the easy shadows of his room in favor of increasing labors in the broad, sunlit fields of the farm, swallowing the hearty meals that he still didn't really feel any hunger for, separating body from heart as he had long learned and demanding the former back to the illusion of health.'
-I think that takes a lot of bravery in and of itself

'As the days, then weeks past, he knew that "Mr. Seamus" was quickly becoming her favorite'
- And I don't disagree with her...

'let her trace her fingers over her own last name in its cross on his right shoulder'
- Beautiful, really, this paints such an image in my mind and I love it, it's so bittersweet but it sums up an awful lot of what DAYD really is I think.

' "Ribbons worked in, or tied 'round the outside?"'
-Such a brilliant side to Seamus' character - that he can braid hair. Pah, wish I could braid hair...

'Long hair's for lassies.'
-Haha, it's nice to see these moments of a four year old's mind, before they start to realise that things aren't quite as simple as that!

Ya know about the war, do ya? 'Gainst Riddle, afore ya were born?"
-I reckon it is rather brave of Seamus to dive into the explanation in fron of Susan rather than leaving it to her...

'as he knew exactly how thin the line was that he would have to walk'
- And of course, he knows it, and I think it's nice that this is the start of Susan seeing him as something a little different, and I mean, he's not one to go into things carefully is he?

'Said he could have a Demiguise 'stead, but ye can't always trade.'
-I don't think they would have been very pleased if Teddy brought home a Demiguise haha

'they said I ought cut it because it'd look more like how I were before'
- I don't think Seamus could ever go back to who he was before...

'fidgeting now with the skirt of her robes'
- I love how you weave in these moments to show what is really going on. They've so embedded that they just allow the story to flow through them but actually, they say a lot.

'as she tried poorly to pretend that they were still just talking about him'
-Never noticed this line before - love it (and I love when DAYDverse does that, no matter how many times I re-read, I keep finding extra little bits that I missed)

I love how we get the stirrings of things changing at the end here, that they're both acknowledging that they need to find ways to heal a little
Elledreamer chapter 2 . 9/19/2012
'Personally, he thought this was a little absurd. The object that had caused the grievous bodily harm had been a knife, actually'
- A nice little hint at Seamus starting to become a little more back to his usual self. (I also find it sad he lost his wand, mainly because I always liked it and it's sad that such a pretty wand won't be used... I hope wherever it's kept in the Ministry it's looked after...

'It was a boring task'
-I think there's something quite nice about completing a task that doesn't require much thought and that just needs to be done, although I suppose something like this doesn't really provide much distraction from anybody else...

'But Anthony didn't flinch'
-Of course he didn't. I'm still a little unsure this is because he knows and trusts in the newly healing Seamus or that he has more confidence in his own power.

"Killed anyone?"

"Planning to kill anyone?"

-Haha, this is great, I mean, what else could he say on that topic?

'Panicked, dropped him and tried to run'
- And to be honest, I don't think he can be blamed for doing this, I think it always was a big ask that all of the DA fought through all of their fear and instincts that night. But it doesn't make the hurt any easier...

'He knew that he was himself a lost cause, whatever might have been worth salvaging long destroyed, but Susan was something else entirely'
- Even after realising he has a chance at a life on the farm, he still doesn't believe he can be made better, and it's actually a little heartbreaking that he's willing, again, to put his own life aside just to focus on someone elses.

'and you're still at Hogwarts'
- I think it's pretty obvious isn't it? So actually, I think if he has any chance of helping Susan, he needs to come to some sort (whatever sort) of peace about that night for himself before he can move on to helping her, which is a big ask of the current Seamus I think.

'But you were Gryffindor. You're supposed to be braver than me.'
- I like this, of course, House stereotypes went a little out of the window in DAYD, but at the same time, a lot of what they stood for were emphasised and I can see Anthony using that here.
Elledreamer chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
So I've just reached Undying Again in my DAYD re-read, and I realised I haven't ever reviewed it. And then I saw your post over on FB and thought, 'hey, what a great time to review this'. So, I'm going to try to review every chapter, although it might not all be today...

-I think it's really interesting that we get a different POV here from Neville, and I've always found it interesting and exciting that we get that, which automatically changes the whole dynamic of the writing and you do that very well.

'He'd already resigned himself to Azkaban, and if this idea of serving his time at the Loch instead proved untenable, he wouldn't fight the more conventional prison.'
-It's so sad that Seamus is still like this, even after being offered a hint of having a chance out of Azkaban, he still doesn't believe it and it just goes to show how much he's suffering. This Seamus is so so different to the one we knew in DAYD and small lines like this one here show that.

'Even the Healers had said it was a miracle he'd survived, because he hadn't fought for it, and that he could be much more recovered if he'd only try'
-Oh, it's so heartbreaking, it's so sad that no one really noticed the build up to this, I always thought it was odd of Neville and the others to moan so much about Seamus not being a part of all the celebrations when perhaps it should have worked more both ways.

'Fight for yourself when you don't exist beyond the fight for others?'
-Love this line

'Ye gots ribbons drawed on yer face. They're pretty.'
-I like how we're taken back here, quite suddenly, from all the horror that we still feel from Sluagh and it's aftermath and can come to a simple, sweet statement from a child. I think that in itself is very healing - stripping everything back to the simple innocence of Cecily. I love that she has no qualms about it all because she knows nothing of it, and that acceptance is lovely.

'as I think it would be a waste of the man I once knew'
- and, I think a waste of what they could get back
autumn midnights chapter 13 . 11/4/2011
Love it! Oh, and

"That's the gist of how we got here, yes."

This is so sweet. Susan really helped heal Seamus.
Technomad chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
I think they both owe little Cecily an apology for disbelieving her...I remember how much it infuriated me when I was that age, when I'd tell the truth and not be believed.
I'mgoingtoHogwarts chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
"I bloody hate sheep" Funny. I really like this story so far:)
NotAnAverageSlytherin chapter 13 . 12/27/2010
I finished and scrolled up to click on your name and return to your page to read more as I have been devouring everything so far and had to stop for a moment when I saw how many reviews you have. 79? A poor showing if you ask me. Maybe they, like me, just get too wrapped up in the story to pause a moment to say what a fantastic story it really is but I will not this once and will instead say how much I enjoyed this. I laughed. I cried. I loved it not QUITE more than the other stories in your incredible verse but more than just about anything else I have EVER read.
Lathena Mercion chapter 13 . 10/4/2010
I like watching them heal. I love Seamus and he was so broken after Slaugh. I like his happy ending and his dream. learning to live again is important too after saving the world.

One of my favorite things is the camaraderie within the DA. It's wonderful and makes so much sense.
GMan Amodeo chapter 3 . 8/31/2010
"The hands," she answered breezily. "They said ye used to be a Slaugh, and ye fucked people up. What does that mean?"

Best Cecily line ever! I love all your stories keep it up and if you're still alive..Finish A Pecatis! PLEASE
Lord Basileus chapter 13 . 8/25/2010
This is really good Highland romance. I enjoyed it and words were like caresses. Well done!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 13 . 10/8/2009
Oh gosh that is wonderful, I'm very happy for Seamus, and the wonderfulness of Zach for being there for him. Great story I'm glad I got this view of their lives together.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 12 . 10/8/2009
Awe that is so very sweet, I love that they've both been able to help each other so much! So sweet :D
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 11 . 10/8/2009
Oh gosh so incredibly sweet! Yay baby time :D I love it.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 10 . 10/7/2009
Oh ho so very very scandalous, bravo the both you :D
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 9 . 10/7/2009
Oh, well at least we're all out in the open about it now :) but that is once more so bitter sweet...
101 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »