Reviews for The Boy who Hates Christmas
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Santa does not seem to be Sam Winchester's thing for a good reason. Dean seems much less affected by their irregular lifestyle.

Although if Sam had liked Santa Claus as a small child, I bet Dean would have done more to get him Christmas stuff later.
judyann chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Love love love! Have I told you how much I love your stories? I think so! Great story love it!
amyblair chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Aw, dang. I really liked this. I love how people go from one Xmas memory to another. You did this such justice. My favorite part was picturing the three Winchester men smack in the middle of candy land. Loved it -

And I have read some of your fics - just not the longer ones. I'm going to delve so hold on.
kalina-blue chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Nice story. I liked the first Christmas the most.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
OMG! this was awesome hun!

I LOVED IT!

this was incredable

really explained a lot

x

a nice insight on their lives hun x
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
This was a good take on why Sam hates Christmas. I really liked the parts with Jess. I think that is how she would have reacted to finding out Sam had never had a Christmas before with his family.
Dimminished chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I really liked this.

It wasn't the most uplifting Christmas fic I've read, but it was realistic and detailed quite heartrendingly why Sam hates Christmas.

Very well done.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Now we know why Sam hates Christmas.

You wrote a very sad story.

I hope your holiday is better than Sam's.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
cavetrollgrl chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Poor Sammy The part with Jess was very sweet and gave Sam one reason besides Dean to love Christmas.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Great story, you sure made it easy to understand why Sam hates Christmas. He never had a good one, except with Jess and she is dead. Hope you will have a Merry Christmas. Hugs, Vonnie
Bundibird chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Well done; this was great. :) I really enjoyed it, and you finished it really well.

the layout was well planned - you told all these bad stories, bad experiences, that sam had of Christmas, starting with an evil santa clause (Lol) and ending with a dodgey rip-your-money-off Christmas town. And to then have Dean ask why Sammy hates Christmas... it worked really well.

i was so sad reading the one with Jess - how he'd never had a Christmas tree, and had no idea how to put up the Christmas lights, and she didnt say anything, just guided him through the steps.

All in all, a job very well done. :) I'd love to see a sequel to this - perhaps from Dean's point of view? like, maybe taking off from Sams response to his question, and then going through all the bad-christmas scenes from his side. like, the one where sam's all upset because they're hunting on Christmas eve; Dean would probably have seen that in a totally different light than his brother did - his family was all together, and they were helping their dad, and he managed to stop Sam from getting hurt. he probably would have enjoyed that. Just an idea, but certainly one i'd like to see. :)

Good work, and God bless.

Love Bundi
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Awesome story! John Winchester in line to see Santa. LOL!

Poor Sam! Not wonder he hates Christmas. :)

Lisa
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Fantasitc collection of shorts stories of Sam's Christmas's over the years.

Beautifully written and you made me cry at the end with Jess helping him with the tree lights.

As always, you made my day!

Happy Christmas!

Hob x
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Awesome story Denise! You described the ebents so vividly with each Chritmas that Sam rembered until they just had tears rolling down my face-just knowing how forlorn the young boy was at bnot having his dad home for Christmas, or trudging behind him on a hunter literally freezing to death! At least he always had Dean thetre to comfort him in some way-from holding him ion his arms as a three year old to trying to keep him warn after getting hurt on the hunt!

You tiotally give meaning to the reason why Sam doesn't want to celebrate!

See ya soon!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Awesome story Denise, one of your best. And three cheers to Jules for helping you out so you didn't shelve this great story!

Loved the little scenarios with Sam growing up, showing why Christmas was sad for him, but through it all Dean was there to comfort him. And the Christmas with Jess was heartwarming but heartbreaking, that Sam didn't know how to put Christmas lights on a tree as he had never had one. Plus the fact that even though he had got the Christmas he had always wanted, he missed Dean so much it made him sad, he wanted his big brother there

Great ending with the hunt and Dean's question!

Loved this story, thanks Denise. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR HON.