Reviews for Meifu's Gate ::Prequel::
Tomyallen chapter 16 . 4/21
This was a perfect way to end it. Kyouraku really didn't have any other choice. He may have been backed into a corner there by his brother but the reality is that he was putting himself in that corner intentionally. He knew he had no desire to heir to the clan or to really be involved in any clan relations and he was just using the like father like son idea as a crutch.

Overall I am thoroughly impressed by what you have written here. You are delving into these characters deeper personalities without ruining the image I already have of them. I look forward to reading about the academy adventures for these guys and will get a head start on it right now!
Tomyallen chapter 15 . 4/21
Yay academy time! I'm excited for that part of the journey for sure. Seeing how Ukitake and Kyouraku meet and develop their friendship. So pumped!

On another note. I liked how you wrapped up Ukitake's part in the story. He really didn't fit a clan head persona and I'm glad his intelligence is guiding him in the right direction. Though I do find it amusing that he didn't notice his sensei testing him in his abilities...he's certainly perceptive enough to have picked up on it.

Looking forward to seeing how Kyouraku's part is wrapped up.
Tomyallen chapter 14 . 4/21
Oh boy. Poor Kyouraku. That's one way to realize you love someone and have it end right there. Poor guy sure does carry a lot of weight on his shoulders.

His reiatsu techniques are very strong :)

Im off to the next one!
Tomyallen chapter 13 . 4/17
A more calming chapter with self reflection and the support of another. I was glad to see the tree hadn't actually died. It certainly provided a great amount of optimism a day hope for Ukitake. Guess I'll just have to keep reading to see how that effects him in the long run.
Tomyallen chapter 12 . 4/17
Oh boy. That was quite a climactic chapter for Kyouraku. He has very strong beliefs...to be able to get two men to stand down from outright battle is indeed impressive even if it didn't end the way he was expecting it to. And oh no! You better not have done what I think you have. I like Saku.
Tomyallen chapter 11 . 4/17
So much heavy content. I love it though. Watching as he struggles with his emotions and his own body. I like what's his Zanpaktou stand for and the wisdom they have to share is truly revealing. can't wait to see how he improves himself and what further obstacles he has to deal with.
Tomyallen chapter 10 . 4/17
Well that was a nice one. Very liberating for Kyouraku! He can be a very introspective man I'm beginning to notice. I like that about him. I wonder how him, his brother, and mother will truly get along? I also really hope that's not the end of Saku.
Tomyallen chapter 9 . 4/17
Another awesome chapter! Very heavy however it's important for that character development. Poor Ukitake though being stuck in his own body like that and having to be reminded of that one thing his mind wanted him to forget about. Looking forward to more.
Tomyallen chapter 8 . 4/16
Oh no. I really liked where that was going but of course a story cannot be without its strife and conflict. Sad that we didn't get a little more teasing in first. I liked the start of that chapter though. Kyouraku really Is smarter than he acts...he's just not as forward about it as Ukitake.

Looking forward to more!
Tomyallen chapter 7 . 4/16
Damn. Okay that was a rough one. It started out so nicely and then boom...it all came crashing down around him. A good way to bring him into his reiatsu powers though. Poor guy though...that's one hell of a way to lose your parents. And even worse because now he's definitely going to blame himself...at least initially.

Off to the next chapter I go.
Tomyallen chapter 6 . 4/16
Well how wonderful of you to leave a note...DO I want to actually know what comes next...Yes Yes I do.

I am greatly enjoying this story right now. Very well written and the characters personalities are really flowing through nicely.

I dread whats next but I move forward anyways.
Tomyallen chapter 5 . 4/16
I like this chapter a lot. Its a good perspective on how Ukitake started his training even though he was ill. I look forward to seeing him train with Kyouraku (not in this story obviously). I also enjoy the development of father son bond...it's very serious but not so much so that brings down the mood. Theirs true love there.

Good Job.
Tomyallen chapter 4 . 4/16
Well that was an intense chapter. Well written though. I was right though...Kyouraku has some dark troubling things in his past that he hides behind that silly demeanor.

Definitely looking forward to more.
Tomyallen chapter 3 . 4/16
I sympathize with Ukitake. As far as intelligence goes I was the same as a kid. Picked up on heavy topics and had a good understanding of things long before you normally would. It kept me separate from peers my own age and made it so that I got along better with adults. It leads to lots of philosophical thoughts and your like an 'old soul' as it were.

Well written so far. I suppose I'm just making myself adapt to this story structure. Looking forward to more.
Tomyallen chapter 2 . 4/16
Like father like son I see. I wonder though how much what Kyouraku acts like is truly what he 'is'. I feel much like in canon he uses his drunkenness and oddities as a way to hide other things about him and make himself appear lesser than what he is. I look forward to seeing how you saw fit to develop that side of him.

Looking forward to more.