Reviews for Resurrection
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/17
I like this, you filled in some of the gaps in a believable way, and added some of the precious brotherly love.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/24
...*chuckled weakly*

I don't know what the plot is in here, but all interaction and scene was great... so... yeah, I liked it.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
wow, I like the way Dean had to re-feel his way back into his skin, the way the brothers had to get used to each other, and Dean trying to explain about summoning Castiel. Yep, you fill in the blanks quite well!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Yeah, it was really good to see all of the behind the scenes and missing pieces in what had to have been a really long and crazy process of discovering how to be alive again in their line of work.
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
**His screams were the last thing Dean could remember, and that had hurt worse than the hellhound.**

I hadn't thought of this, but yeah, hearing Sam screaming like that would have torn Dean up. In a way, if Dean was going to save Sam, he needed to save himself-and there was no way he could have done that.

**But Sam went still again just as fast, the old nervous habits Dean remembered, now oddly absent.**

I've noticed this in Season 4-Sam stands straighter and he doesn't fidget. He doesn't have the little-brother-pleading in his voice anymore. When he reasons, he reasons like an adult.

**Sam reached out, slow enough that Dean would’ve had time to shy away if he’d wanted, fast and desperate enough that he didn’t want to. He just watched, one eyebrow raised, as Sam clamped onto his arm below the elbow and…completely relaxed.**

This? This killed me. I loved the private vulnerability Sam lets out, just a little bit to relieve the pressure that had probably been building for months.

**Sam’s head lifted and his expression wobbled a little, like it was trying to decide between tears and a smile. Dean prayed fervently for the latter. And maybe there was a God, because the balance tipped and Sam’s mouth curved up, his head shaking.**

Loved this. I loved Dean holding his breath over Sam's emotions-something he's always teased him about and rolled his eyes over in the past.

**“Dude, no more crooked fingers or a shoulder that keeps slipping out of joint or bullet scars to worry about someone seeing?"**

This was such an interesting detail to bring up. I hadn't even thought of the everyday grind that comes from abusing your body the way the boys do.

Sam patting Dean's stomach and scooting on the bed to keep him company brought so many warm fuzzies to my heart. ;)
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Somehow I missed this one - must have gotten lost in the holiday shuffle. Fabulous one-shot. Reading this now just makes me so sad for our boys after seeing how torn apart they currently are. They are so happy to be together in this story, getting comfortable with each other once again.

You've done a terrific job of getting into their heads. Their conversations are so different than they usually are - the changes in each of them obvious to the other. And Sam and Dean never really get back into that groove again, do they?

Belated thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I liked these missing moments from the episode. The conversation in the car, the emotion in Sam when he's asking why Dean didn't tell him about the handprint, and Dean telling Sam about summoning Castiel... Everything, but those are my specific faves. :)

Good job!
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh, I really enjoyed this, all of this.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
OMG!

this was INCREDABLE!

really loved how you added to the scenes

really filled out the first eppy!

i loved it

thanks x
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Aw, this was so bittersweet: “Sure wasn’t the kid anymore whose been trailing after you like an overgrown puppy his whole life."

And this was just heartbreaking: “Dean, I’m sorry I wasn’t the one who saved you. I promised I’d find a way and I…” He tipped his head, mouth quirking painfully, his expression making Dean’s heart clench. “I wanted to be the one, you know?”

Loved that Sam's presence was able to keep the nightmares away for a little. Loved that his iPod was filled with mullet rock, and that he kept Dean's duffel in the trunk all that time. Also glad that Dean called Sam on his "out for a burger" lie-it always kinda bothered me that he seemed to buy it; I kept thinking he'd KNOW it was a lie. Also, liked that you addressed Sam coming back to the room to find it all torn up and being worried about Dean.

Very nice job of filling in a lot of the blanks left in this episode, and giving us some more nice brotherly interaction that I would've loved to see in the aired version.
reading chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
I really love how you echo - for me, at least - some of the ache and uneasiness of the episode, yet still end with a hope that I've really started to feel the lack of in the season.

And I will confess that the whole iPod in the Impala thing has really kind of put me out this year, but I loved how you dealt with it. "He almost missed it as he went down the list. Metallica. With a frown, Dean slowed. AC/DC. Motorhead. Styx. The greatest hits of mullet rock dominated Sam’s playlist, in fact." Aw.

Beth
carocali chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Really nice throw back lines throughout the whole thing. I LOVE the unicorn line on the 'BS' list, and the fact that Dean never told Sam about the hand print. The whole thing is sprinkled with things that I've thought about, but didn't REALLY think about; and that's what makes this fic perfect! Why think when you'll do it for me!

;D

Caroline
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
That was excellent! Lazarus is probably my favourite ep I think, but to see you flesh it out like this made it that much better! I really love how you made the boys a little more honest with each other than they were on the show - sure, Dean told Sam about Castiel, but did Sam ever tell Dean about the diner? I think not!

I also liked the part about Sam being sorry he'd not been the one to save Dean from Hell. I think we got a sense of that in the show, but you made it even clearer here.

Oh and Sam having Dean's music on the iPod? Aww!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I love all your missing scenes for "LR".

I like how you let us know more of how Sam felt after Dean died. We learned how Sam handled his brothers death in episode nine, including Ruby, but during "LR" Sam seemed so emotionally detached except for the hug.

Nice brother moments in your story, one as Sam reached out to touch Dean, to know he was really there and than later when Sam sit on the bed touching with Dean after noticing his big brother had a bad dream.

Nice that Sam had Dean's duffle in the truck and the tunes Sam had chosen for his iPod.

I always wished that they had shown us a scene of Sam finding the trashed motel room since he was the one that chose to sneak out and leave Dean (just back from the dead) alone.

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you.

Until next time, take care.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Heart-warming story about the rocky start between Dean, Sam and Bobby.