Reviews for Yes, Virgine, There Is a Santa Claus
melanmel16 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I BELIVE IN SANTA CLAUS!
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Hehe... very nice question re-directing on the part of Amoretta. )
funkmasterjo chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Aw

That was so sweet.
Tukuyomi chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Oh.

My.

God.

It’s totally beyond me why your stories don’t get so much more reviews. They’re positively wonderful! So even though this seems like just one review for this particular story, please consider it a review of all your GrimGrimoire fics in their entirety.

Now, I know I’m a little late to the party, having played this great game only a few days ago, but at least I didn’t have to look far to find great fics of it _;

First off, I *love* your characterizations. There’s just no difference between the characters in the game and the ones in your stories, which is probably the greatest achievement in this regard. And this extends to *all* of the characters, not just Lillet and Amoretta. I especially liked Advocat and Gaff here, I could totally picture them saying all these things in the game, too. Hell, you even made Bartido kind of likable (I know he was kind of a good guy in the game, as well, but, y’know…) Or Grimalkin! To say nothing of your OC’s, who blended in nicely because you depicted them as complex and individual characters, just like the others.

Second, as much as I love a simple, sappy yuri love story, you managing to drape all these witty and very clever plots around your stories makes me appreciate them all the more. I’m glad you’re depicting Lillet to be as much of a bright girl as she’s in the game, especially shown in “Fortune or Fate” but others, as well.

Third, I love your style of writing. I envy you for being able to put so much care and detail into each of your sentences and still be able to make them so short and concise. It’s a pleasure to follow your descriptions and details on the surroundings without getting lost in a wall of text.

I also really enjoy your sense of humor (as shown again just recently with “Fashion Design Process”) but the single thing that makes the stories truly shine is the way you handle Lillet’s and Amoretta’s relationship, with everything that comes with it. It would be easy to fall into the trap and make Amoretta too much of a doll and Lillet too forceful. Yet you’re really trying to show them as equals, which is really hard considering Amoretta’s vulnerability. And even though Lillet often protects Amoretta, it isn’t because Lillet is strong and Amoretta isn’t. It’s rather because Lillet is *weak*, that she protects Amoretta… because she couldn’t live without her. It’s not so much about her pride or the thought that Amoretta couldn’t protect herself.

They really do have a complex relationship, and this is something that’s rarely seen. Not just in FanFiction, but all kinds of media in general. And to see it develop over a timeframe of over ten years and *still* see progress in their relationship, is what makes this really special. Doesn’t help that they’re just so goddamn cute together, and Cressidor fits right in!

But even though I enjoyed the stories that centered on Lillet and Amoretta the most, the other ones added a nice touch to the characters, and the Grim Grimoire universe in itself, as well.

So, in short, thank you so much for writing these (and sorry for going on for so long ) Your stories are made up of everything that I love about the game and its characters. They really moved me (to tears, at times, but that’s fine as long as it ends well)

It’s almost sad that I finished all of your GrimGrimoire stories, but I hope you’ll find inspiration to write more of these gems. If not, well…I happen to be a huge NanoFate/Vivio fan, too *g* So that’ll probably be next.

And lastly, I know a proper review should contain some sort of constructive criticism…but I don’t have any, really. Maybe a better writer than myself could point out things you could improve on.

As for me, I’m just in awe. Really well done.
what-IU-want chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Squee 3. Your whole series was fantastic. I even bothered playing the whole game before reading xD. It really was sweet :).

Super kudos to you too for the main (almost only) writer for this game :).
Clyde Aurion the GM chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
seriously, I think you are THE greatest author I've ever had the honor of coming across on . The way you tie your fics together, the entire flow of each story you grace our pathetic existences with, the way that you capture the essence of each character and their personality...I definetely believe that you are among the best of the fanfic authors. I've read each of your GG fics (I haven't the time for anything else of yours atm, sorry if that offends you) and, to me, each is a near-flawless masterpiece. I just have one question. How did you become so great in your writing? I have so many problems with mine, that when compared to your fics, my style of writing is that of a toddler...anyway, I'm thankful that you grace us pathetic, lifeless losers with your presence. Please continue your work.
Master Kosa chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Really sweet story. Nice recollection of my childhood stained only with simple wish to spent christmas with family where all members love one another...

While thinking about this story I realized that Cress didn't get her question answered. And that Amoreta evaded said answer with great skill.

Wish you beautiful Christmas.
DreamShadower chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This story just makes me want to go 'Aw' You really know how to get them just right. :D

Amoretta really is a good mother. Lillet just hellped show her how to get started. :3

P.S. I'll have the game by next year. Woot internet! XD
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
ah...i couldnt help but go "aww..." at the end of the story..it was that cute and sweet hmm...when did they get a daughter..? i think i missed something somewhere...hmm..oh well thanks for sharing this christmas spirit fic
Silvara rivana chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
WOOT! you wrote another sotry! does happy dance. and I love it. thank you for writing so many storys for these two... well three now. You are the best!