Reviews for The Importance of a Gift according to TK Takaishi
ARCtheElite chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Bravo. That was beautiful *sniff*. The simplest gift, but the greatest one of all. As I'm writing this, I'm cursing the numerous worship services/evangelistic meetings I have to play in over the next few days (it's not that much, but more than enough). But it's rather annoying that even church is so busy, that it's not just commercialism. Your story was such a good reminder that Christmas is supposed to be so much simpler. The humour added lightness to the whole scene as well, making the whole story kind of like light, fluffy snow (forgive the weird analogies). Every detail was perfect, everything embellished just enough. On top of that, you turned two cliches (the whole commercialism thing and the rebelling) and made it not cliched. Beautiful work.
collateraldamage-x chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
aw that was soo cute and sugary! definte fluff! i really liked it, you did a very good job.
90MLLu chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Oh... This was so sweet It had a lot of emotions in it that I really love. That was a very smart gift TK gave Kari. I got to say this. It's very original! I LOVE IT!

Fantastic one-shot story. This got to be my favorite Christmas story...(v)