Reviews for Per Aspera ad Astra
ShoeQueen chapter 1 . 2/2
Seriously? I cannot even begin to express in adequate words the sheer joy I felt at reading this! I don't know how you do it, but you capture everything that is right with Sam and Jack, and make it seem effortless. You have their voices, movements, and emotions down to a science (Science! See what I did there?). It is an absolute pleasure to read because of this. I have read LOADS of ff (and written a few), and finding this balance you've achieved is incredibly rare.
I don't know how I never read you fics before! I shall now spend the next few days doing nothing but reading them, and completely ignoring my family. Kids don't really need to eat, right? :)
Also, both my boys were born in Germany, as my personal "Jack," is an army officer (he looks hot in his dress uniform too), and we lived there for 11 years. My German OB said a drink or two (or three) per week was perfectly fine during pregnancy. As long as I didn't overdo it (which I haven't done since college), it wasn't going to hurt me or the baby. It was nice to be able to go out to dinner and order a glass of wine without everyone looking at me like I was an unfit mother-to-be.
mebfeath chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
This was great! Short and sweet. Thanks for writing!
mmkbrook chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Enjoyed this very much. So glad to see Sam make it to General. Her father would also have been so proud of her.
LCTC chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
absolutely LOVED this fic! Sooooo wish this storyline would continue!
Schatze8210 chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
GREAT QUOTE! I'm glad to learn its source and thank you for sharing it. Loved the story.
steadfast chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
This story never gets old!
sammydiplo chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
As usual, love the way your stories carry a sense of normalty and closeness...
In this one particularly, I love the quote of the sun shot etc. and I must say that I don't know what I love most your story or your last and additional note regarding the Guinness (which I love too although being French I should be more enclined to drink the Chardonnay). Guinness, just like (good) wine should be enjoyed regularly on a small amount...
locardxchange chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
pretty good.
SaraBahama chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Wonderful and creative! I always love your humor. Watching the interplay between a married Jack & Sam warmed my heart. Expecting wee O'Neills (screaming like a girl here). I've always thought they need a little boy named Carter.

Perfect place to use that quote from NPR (cleverly adapted to Sam's accomplishments, of course).
LSgrimm91 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Friggin' loved this! OH MY GOSH! I can tell you have either done some good research or have insider knowledge. I'm gueesing the latter. Well done for keeping them remarkably in character too! This was a wonderful story, so much so i'm going to check out your other stories :)
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Eeeep, how come I haven't read this before? o_O Somehow I thought I had already caught up on all your "older" stories, but seems I haven't. Hehe, good for me, because right now I just needed one of your pieces.

Awwww, that was sooo good. I just LOVE your work, really. Your Sam and Jack are so in-character (I know I say that so often, but it's nothing but the truth ;) and yet you are able to give them such sweet moments - may they be past or possible future ones.

I really loved this story. And making Cass be there was just "awwwwww". Thank you for writing this, Pol. :D
Lutherian chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I loved it, brilliant ending, in character, fantastic. Nice.
dp chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Wonderful to read again.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
-after reading all the Final Notes- Well, you certainly can't say that you're one of those fanficcers who never know what they're talking about. O.o -grins-

Fantastic. I have the warm little fluffy feeling packed around my lungs again. 'Tis good. You know, pretty much any other fanfic-writer could take this kind of plot-line and just... completely ruin it, but you made it beautiful.

Thank you. .
IggyMing chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Oh man, I LOVE this! I almost let out a cheer when Sam got promoted. I enjoyed reading the military aspects, it seemed very authentic to me (I'm a civilian, what do I know!). I also love that Sam had her own little surprise for Jack. I really love that Sam finally has it all... Jack, a very successful career, and now motherhood. Wonderful.

I also enjoyed the bit about the Mrs. Taylor types in the room... it didn't take much for Sam to set those catty, jealous types in their place. Go Sam!