Reviews for Keeping Time
SuziH-J chapter 9 . 10/20/2019
Don’t know how I’ve missed reading this story before now. I’ve loved it, (even though I have cried so much & am still crying my eyes out now) & I like how Jack returned to Torchwood & took his Ianto with him. It showed that he didn’t let Ianto’s death destroy him, but rather it took him back to Torchwood. Also love how you let a very, very much older Jack go to say goodbye to Ianto in his final moments & to let him know that his Captain never forgot him. This would have meant a lot to Ianto.
bloodamber chapter 9 . 4/21/2016
Fantastic story. I really liked the way you wrote it in snippets over the course of Ianto's life. It was short and had such a bittersweet ending. I was in tears when Ianto died even though I knew it was coming... and the moment you had with an older Jack coming back to say goodbye was probably the nicest send off you could have given Ianto to let him know he was never forgottenn. I like where you leave it as well, where Jack doesn't let Ianto's death break him but encourages him to take up his previous responsibility with torchwood. Thank you for writing this!
ukdramafan chapter 9 . 10/13/2015
Thank you so much for imagining this and then sharing it. Thought you'd want to know that almost 7 years after you posted - or as a tribute to Ianto: 6 years, 10 months and 9 days later - I've found and just finished reading this wonderful story. So many things I loved about it, that it's hard to know where to start. The greatest compliment is that I was so captivated I couldn't stop to comment on each chapter, as I had to keep reading. I needed tissues as Ianto had his heart attack. I loved that Martha said her farewell, even if it was by letter, and that Ianto got to say goodbye to Rhys, who then had the opportunity to make peace over blaming Jack for Gwen's death. I'll need to re-read the last two chapters to understand how younger and older Jack managed to be with Ianto at the end - my current thought is that Jack initially missed it (Ianto said this Jack was grieving as though it had already happened), then millennia later the Doctor takes older Jack to arrive just in time; but then goes back in time to tell younger Jack what he'd done, so that he would then have the opportunity to see Ianto one final time, knowing that he had to leave before his older self arrived? Anyway, LOVED it all.
cheekysorcerer chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
I read this story over on ao3 and i fell in love with it.
It is so beautiful. I cried like a baby when it was over.
Thank you - really, thank you!
Niwaki chapter 9 . 12/11/2012
what a brilliant and sad ending! it's fitting and wonderful and a thousand other endearments!
BelladonasMom chapter 9 . 10/11/2012
That was really amazing. I loved the story. It was such a journey. Just wonderful!
Stelia22 chapter 9 . 10/4/2012
This was a very good story. What I enjoyed the most were the stories Jack and Ianto told each other (how Ianto continued running Torchwood and all the people he meet and recruited and then lost, and Jack's story of how he lost his family in that ship) and everything involving different timelines meeting, such as when Jack and Ianto witnessed the Doctor regenerating. I particularly enjoyed how after Ianto's death, Jack and the Doctor comforted each other and Jack decided to go back to Torchwood right after Ianto had left because everything was coming around in a nice circle. I found, though, that it was difficult to keep track of the time and dates of and between each scene. So overall, it was a fun ride and a pretty good story.
BlackShadows190 chapter 9 . 8/6/2012
This is amazing! It had me bawling my eyes out!(in a good way ;))
tokyo night chapter 9 . 5/1/2012
Oh my god! this story made me cry so hard! Actually i've read a russian translation, just because i've found it first...but decided to review the original! Bravo! loved it, even though it made me cry so hard
helenwhogirl chapter 9 . 10/5/2011
love this story! i like the way you ended it- so you can imagine the story continuing after ianto is gone. :-)
Habitualfool chapter 9 . 9/11/2011
Oh wow, that was so cool! Ianto died on my birthday, and O started freaking out! Anyway... love the story, thanks!
xPhoenix0Returnx chapter 9 . 6/28/2011
Wow. You have no idea how amazing this is. It's been an absolute whirlwind of brilliance, haha.

I definitely love how you wrote Ianto, Jack, and the Doctor. Your characterization was so natural and so...hilariously adorable. The endearment thing was hilarious (Sugar lips? LOL.) I do feel bad for Gwen-maybe more for Rhys but...her death was a catalyst of sorts. Still, the characters you created were quirky which made up for that.

Also really loved the ending-it's a bit like a circle, isn't it? It was sad since it was the end but the journey was /fantastic/.
ForestSprite chapter 9 . 1/22/2011
I don't think I ever reviewed this story which is a damned shame because it was pretty fantastic. I've read it so many times now that I've lost count and when I came across it on AO3 more recently again I decided to check on because that's where I thought I'd originally found it at, and here it is. Yay!

Anyway, the point of this mad little ramble is that this is a brilliant fic, you didn't get the number of reviews that you deserved for it, and please continue to write for a long time to come.
mysterious advisor chapter 9 . 9/28/2010
Brilliant story! I can see that you've written this quite some time ago... but I just had to review it and congratulate you for writing this... eh, if only RTD would listen to us "mortals" and not be so keen on killing off characters at such times...
paper.creations chapter 9 . 7/24/2010
That was absolutely amazing. Brilliant. I was in tears at the end of it.

I can't even pick out my favourite part, because it was all just so good. Ianto telling Rhys that Gwen was gone was so perfectly written, and I'm so glad you let him move on and had him and Ianto be friends. Ianto as leader of Torchwood was very well done, and I loved how you gave us little flashes of his time in command. And his time with Jack and the Doctor was wonderful and just so well done. And your explanation of how people in the Boeshane Peninsula treat children was one of the many details you added to the story to make it just so amazing.

I'm rambling now, sorry. I loved the whole thing, beginning to sad end and I really hope you write for Torchwood again in the future, because it was amazing.

-Maggie