Reviews for Fish and Chips
Deya Amaya chapter 31 . 4/6/2015
Beautifully balanced, graceful, flowing story :) if this was a printed book I wouldn't be able to put it down halfway through. Thank you for the lovely tale.
Mashiara91 chapter 31 . 2/6/2014
...but you didnt tell us what happened with Subaru! :'(
Mashiara91 chapter 30 . 2/6/2014
I just have to say, the romance in this is so tender and your descriptions are so so so poetic. Great work! I loved the japan chapters, those to really deserved it! Thank you for sharing your amazing writing with us!
Mashiara91 chapter 13 . 2/5/2014
I really really loved this convo, Ashura and Fai. It's just so deep and there's so many layers to it. I think you have a very wonderful way of weaving words together to bring out the characters in the best way. Great job!
Mashiara91 chapter 10 . 2/5/2014
I'm rereading this because I'd almost completely forgotten it and I couldn't for the life of me think of anything when I read the title "Fish and Chips" like nothing came back to me... but now... Now I think it's one of the best titles I've ever seen. It's just perfect in a way I can't really describe. Like in some crazy absurd metaphor, all of this tragedy and romance is actually quite simple. Life is simple just like a plate of fish and chips :)
Iewees chapter 31 . 9/22/2011
Hahahaha love this chap especially the part where subaru appeared xD u shld seriously consider writing a side story of subaxsei :D I wanna know what happened after they left sch together on that day! XD hahaha n y he didn't die :D

It's quite fun reading this story. Lots of unexpected turns n twists. But glad it's a happy ending :) gd job :D it was addictive :)

Ps: had a huge urge to give u a high five when I read ur afterword to wish u gd luck for exams at 2am in the morning (arnd chap 19-21) haha those words brought me back to reality n I suddenly realised how screwed I am xD ops.
Zelinxia chapter 28 . 9/11/2011
What a nice place for them to contemplate about the things that held them both back and for them to slowly reconnect with each other. I like how subtle things were at first and how that lead into a rebirth of their (sexual) relationship.
Zelinxia chapter 19 . 9/11/2011
I intended to read the first chapter only and bookmark this to read for later...but soon enough I found myself clicking through each chapter to read what happens next.

I decided to start reviewing here because this chapter was really poignant. I don't know how to say it, but the way you write is absolutely gorgeous and in a way the words literally paint a picture (uh, if that made any sense). I am delightfully surprised at how you changed their characters based on the circumstances that's different from canon, and thus I applaud you for adapting their characters as so. (Basically this is a compliment.)

Last thing for now: I actually like how Yuui and Kurogane's relationship are developing. They are still adolescents and for both to not be really prepared to be in a committed relationship seems natural and just about right.
Kou chapter 22 . 8/4/2011
First off, I want to say Fish and Chips was a really good name, because when I forgot to bookmark this story halfway through, the title made it easy to find again on . So, don't regret it! :)

So, I really enjoyed this story. You wrote in your author notes on this chapter that you didn't know first-hand about a couple of the particular issues, and that's a good thing, because they're not nice to know about. Unfortunately, I have to say that I do know about one of them, and so I can tell you that you wrote about it very accurately, as well as what it can do to someone. You had a lot of insight, so well done.

To be honest, the way you wrote Yuui's story, his behaviour and the things he did, things that happened to him, his responses to that, it's all very familiar to me personally. It's weird to say this, but the fact that you wrote about these issues so sensitively, the fact that in the end, Yuui got a happy ending, it's made me feel a bit hopeful about things too. So, thank you! I hope you'll continue to write more Kurogane and Fai stories in future.
pixies-my-name chapter 31 . 1/13/2011
I love this story. I truely do. But I have to say that the way you worded it left me thinking, 'Ok, what the heck just happened?' on more than one occasion ; I love how you look into the more abstract part of this fandom though, and really delve into the pain Yuui feels in the series.

The only thing that I can think of to make this story even BETTER (and this is just my opinion) is word it a little simpler. But keep up the good work!
Anne-Nonymous chapter 31 . 11/26/2010
Wow your writing is so impressive and there is so much detail. I think I can understand both their relationships a lot better now.
Tallis-chan chapter 31 . 8/18/2010
I think it's safe that say that I like, or am going to like all of your stories. This was fantastic... Oh my gosh.. Just the way you convey things is so powerful because it creeps on slowly but slowly till you can't deny as the truth.
lemonlimediddies chapter 30 . 5/16/2010
haha its finally getting less depressing!
cho-chan09 chapter 31 . 4/8/2010
Looks like happy memories from now on for these two. I'm so glad I read this! Though it was tragic and sad and depressing, I loved every word of it. Thnx so much! _
cho-chan09 chapter 30 . 4/8/2010
Yay skinny dipping! Er, LoL Fluffu ending so cute! Glad Kuro's papa is coolwith all this. He seems like a nice guy. The way Yuui has his cafe, with the flat above, is how I want mine. I do plan on opening a cafe in the near future. And start a new life of my own. I just hope it's as happy as these two seem to be. _