Reviews for Falling Up to Heaven
Well, here I am, reading again (third time maybe?)this fic. First time I saw it I didn't know it'd be so good, I love how you write each character, and I love how Kakashi is Sasuke's therapist and counselor (big kakasasu fan here XD). I also love Itachi and Sasuke's brother relationship, and of course the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke. You really know how to bring each character to scene.
So I wanted to thank you for such a good Sasuke-centered fanfic ;)
The crazy anonymous fan (TCAF) (also fan of babylove969 fics)
HolySheet chapter 31 . 8/27/2014
I still think you should make this your own story and publish it. Deepest Fan fiction I've ever read...and probably the best Naruto fiction.
Kawaai-Neko chapter 31 . 8/7/2014
I love this fic! I don't normally read non-yaoi Naruto fanfiction but this story was really well written, I loved the way you portrayed Sasuke, canon, but in your fic Sasuke's emotions were explained in depth, which I really liked.
I also like that there is a balance of humor and angst in this story, so it wasn't crackish but it wasn't too depressing (oh wait, what am I saying? I cried a river :D). Overly ramblish critic mode over, I enjoyed every moment of reading this fanfiction! :3
Zenthisoror chapter 31 . 6/16/2014
I don't think I've ever read a story where so much life-drama happens to one person! You certainly weren't kidding about the wild ride into the darkness, but I think the best thing about this story is that despite the angst (oh, the angst. oh, the padded room...god, that reminds me of my school where we had a special cupboard...) the humour in the language was just spot on every time. Sasuke's voice was brilliant - dry, cynical, sarcastic...and you have a lovely way of turning phrase. Sometimes I just sat there and read over a sentence and thought, 'That...that was a neat and beautifully expressed sentiment' and just read it again to enjoy the way the sentence ran. Sai, despite his few appearances, was great whenever he appeared (he put the cactus on the bed between Kiba's legs...because Kiba's a prick...ly person) and I liked the jazz piano scenes. I was gutted with the marathon result, but the surprise appearance made up for it. Some of the AU stuff took some getting used to - like Kotetsu and Izumo running a bakery...interesting...and I still have no idea what Deidara was doing with the monkeys! (speaking of Deidara, I saw what you did there with the West Side Story ringtone) - and Gai as the P.E. teacher of teachers was hilarious.
There were loopholes and plot cliche, but I read the whole thing in one sitting anyway bcause I honestly cared for your interpretation of the Uchihas, their predicament and your version of Konoha. And that was a rather creative depiction of Orochimaru too. And the banter, the wit - scintillating everywhere. For an AU fic, nicely done!
Guest chapter 31 . 5/13/2014
Woah, reading this was truly a journey. You could really see the character growth for Sasuke as he learns how to adjust to life. The Sasuke in the second chapter and in this chapter are pretty much completely different. The transition between the two Sasuke's feels completely realistic though. Setbacks happen and all that. Glad you didn't kill off Mikoto :D I would never have forgiven you for that. My heart and all that!
Wonderful wonderful story!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/13/2014
This AU is cute. I feel like Sasuke is a bit too awesome, but on the other hand, in canon he's like that sooooooo. He's definitely got major demons (just like in canon), but it seems like Kakashi is somewhat better equipped to handle them? Poor Itachi...
I'm intrigued by the AU backstory. :D The teachers are hilarious. Lee is fabulous. I love everything here really. Except maybe Fugaku. What the heck happened with Sasuke's and Itachi's dad? I really want to know why Fugaku decided to commit suicide and drag Sasuke along too (and I don't want Sasuke's thought-up reasons!). Haha, I'm getting invested in this AU already...
700th review!
Great overall! Looking forward to reading the rest
nonoary chapter 10 . 4/28/2014
Hello! I have read only a little of chapter 10 so far but I can't help myself I need to leave a review already
Let's start with so far I have never read a sasuke and naruto fic where they are just friends so this is a first for me since I accidentally read it thinking it was but I don't regret it, this is so amazingly written and being an Arab myself I have to say finding the Arabic in this fix has got to be one of my favorite things I mean I'm just dying because HOLY FUCK NEW I JUST SPOKE ARABIC I'm laughing but I love it
second the way you write sasuke, holy shit, it is so rare to find someone who can write him in character and still make him have emotions that aren't canonized if you know what I mean
the way you linked his depression anxiety and trauma is incredibly written and just sasuke alone is a perfect story character he is extremely well written and naruto to they are both just, even though some things you might think given the situation in a real life environment may not happen the same or have a similar outcome but it just works in the story and the pacing is just perfect, the way the uchiha are bounced around each other is just perfect and I am already sad I got to this chapter meaning I only got 21 chapters left and this makes me upset I don't want it to end
the only issue I have so far is probably everyone else who is in the plot, now narutos friends are fine, they are more than fine I mean sakura is not annoying in the story which is great, tented is just perfect, libation neither and Lee are not pushed on the readers and are just so perfectly put together so is the evil gang and the mystery man everything is just so incredibly well written except the grown ups reaction to sasukes depression.
kakashi being a therapist shouldn't say things that are just like you're pathetic to a patient with trauma or depression, that's too casual and unprofessional. Tsunade telling sasuke that itachi doesn't nee this shit should erase all of kakashis work on sasukes mental health.

Now I'm not sure if them being dicks when they come to sediate sasuke have something to do with the story or sasukes psychological health because itachi seems to be the only one who is nice to sasuke and not have a dick thing to say right before he goes under but so far I'm rolling with it im cool it is a little distracting but the amazing characters and the way they relate to each other is just perfect I can turn a blind eye

There is also the whole sasuke is being punished and blamed for more shit at the beginning but it's cooler now I mean loosing all the battles against naruto and naruto not getting shit even though he is to blame for all of the shit in the beginning and being naruto it is understandable how he doesn't take a hint and not give up and slowly becoming friends is also done wonderfully it makes up for the unfairness of his school, even though considering that was probably realistic as hell xD

I'm typing this on my phone so I'm really sorry for any mistakes but I hope my point is passed through

This is the most perfect story I've read in forever, the way you handled so many mental health issues is just perfectly done it is such a change from the horrible fanfiction logic a lot of bad writers on here seem to have

Although I am disappointed sasuke and naruto might not get together the way I want them to, this story is worth every read I just love it its perfect I can't pick up any other flaw than my nitpicking which I'm sorry for really but yea, it's just perfect, and if that was your manga it definitely would have had a better plot

It's not that I don't love naruto I do, I just think the characters are much better than the plot in the manga tbh, but I still love it

Keep up the excellent work :]
DNAuthor chapter 31 . 2/27/2014
I read this on my phone so I couldn't review then, but this is one of favorite stories!
AlmostElectric chapter 31 . 1/13/2014
Best story I've ever read, I think.
Yeah. It is.
Thanks so much. I can't put it into words; the characterisation, plot... I love your Itachi. I just... the story.
It was just perfect. Thank you.
magicaltoothbrush chapter 10 . 4/14/2013
Ohmahgosh this story is killin me! I've been reading it all night an I didn't expect sasuke to have sax with tanyuaya! Whaaaat. Like I'm only on 10 what else can happen!
Guest chapter 11 . 10/20/2012
I think making sure that everything that can go wrong went wrong, kinda kills the story, coz trying 2 redeem sasuke at this point or give this story any kind of happy ending wd be so farfetched and hard to believe. Kind of a turnoff, realy. saby a
The Masked Idiot chapter 31 . 10/7/2012
You, good sir/madam, deserve a gold star for this story. I shall honor your story for years to come. :P no really, great story.
pannatoffi chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
One of the most beauitful stories I have ever read :) Thank you very much for this FF !
SilverSauce chapter 31 . 1/28/2012
pfffffffffft well that was so good! different from what i was originally expecting in the first 5 chapters or so. i thought for sure it would be less current-angst and more past-angst, as in sasuke would have throwbacks to his past but not so many problems in his current reality. that all went out the window fast.

i cursed when sasuke got drunk

i cursed when he went batshit insane

i cursed when itachi snorted cocaine

i definitely cursed when MIKOTO WENT INTO A COMA

so much drama that you almost forgot sasuke had trauma prior to the story start. it neeeeeeever ended. it was exhausting. and then the angst bug finally jumped out of sasuke only to jump onto itachi.. god. so exhausting. but so good; so interesting :)
SilverSauce chapter 6 . 1/28/2012
;_; i teared up a bit at the end

this is so enthralling; i love this story!

somehow i thought naruto and the others had already seen his leg, but i went back and re-read and they were reacting to his scars only. now that makes sense. i wouldn't think naruto would try to trip someone with a prosthetic leg. jeeze. good. not as much as an asshat as you would think, though the pantsing thing was low.

awwuu sasuke and naruto just be frweindsssss