Reviews for A Midnight Clear
theknights91 chapter 5 . 10/31/2014
thank you for writing such a beautiful story. love it from start to finish!
my all-time favorite mal/inara fic !
Mendip123 chapter 5 . 5/3/2014
It's May but I'm feeling so Christmassy now! Beautifully written. River's interruption and then her schedule had me laughing out loud. I liked Jayne's toast to Wash. The anticipation throughout with Mal and Inara... Oh myyyyy. Gorgeous. Everything EB said. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.
Ebfiddler chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Meant to say, "Thank you Gillian and Charlie" in my review just below. Great collaboration!
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Oops, correction to my review below...last line should read "Thanks for writing it, Gillian and Charlie."
ebfiddler chapter 5 . 6/19/2013
Read this again last night for the I-don't-know-how-many-th time, and realized it belonged on my favorites list. So many things about this story to like. The anticipation, as they go shopping; the elderly woman who becomes Mal's co-conspirator and her "right to pry"; the sleigh ride (perfect romance); the fussing with the scarf presented from both POVs; the shocking splat of the snowball and Simon's tongue-tied apologies, and of course his towel; Zoe's knowing teasing and all the backstory made evident in her interactions with Mal; their inability to keep their hands off each other and yet their ability to contain it for just long enough, because they love their family; the build-up of anticipation to nearly unbearable levels; the acknowledgements and homage paid to Wash and Book; and of course the consummation. Followed by misunderstanding, because of course they're Mal and Inara. And yet better things prevail. This is a classic Mal/Inara romance, and yet it encompasses so much more. I enjoy it for how well it is crafted, as well as its content. Thanks again for writing it, Charlie.
MomochiNaruto chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
This story was amazingly well written. Well done.
TheAmazingDave chapter 5 . 3/1/2012
THIS. WAS. EPIC! Is this the end? If it is then I demand a sequel! Please?
luvagoo chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Me again!

I just wanted to read this again (you make me read your stories like, more than once, I hope you appreciate that ;) because it's Christmas eve (by a minute) and it's just so darn cute and beautiful.

Actually mainly because I was feeling Firefly-y and Festive and decided to find some nice xmas stories ('sides yours). Initially found a nice one, then went looking for more and ended up severely diminishing my Xmas spirit with creepy stories including Mal/Simon slash and one where Inara and Simon have sex and Mal and Kaylee suddenly and inexplicably find long lost deep feelings for each other and bluhhhhg and I needed something to cheer me up :)

Merry Xmas!
luvagoo chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
Yay! Oh, I like this. Again, kind of corny and improbable situations, but...it works! Because it's so sweet and well-written, but doesn't ignore or belittle the big issues behind everything. The interactions with all the other characters really make it work, I think. Love :)
Funkysocks chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
Loving this story! Had a good chuckle over the cocoa conversation - very well written.
bosk chapter 5 . 11/17/2009
I've been reading fan fiction for about a year now (mostly Anime/Manga based) and it took my wife turning on Serenity on the TV to get me to look this way. I'm so glad I did!

I hated the way the movie was it, no more to come and I wanted to see how the relationship between Mel & Inara would turn out. This story is so perfect, I couldn't have asked for better and the Christmas tie-in... beyond perfect. Looking forward to more.
lovesickdinosaurs chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
This is really great. I love how its about Mal and Inara and their budding relationship but also has their friendships with all the other crew as well. When i read your stories i can hear the characters saying toses things in my head. I really enjoy your stories and this one did not disapoint, so thankyou for writing them!
UnabashedVixen chapter 5 . 7/27/2009
Love, love, love this story! One of my all-time favourites. Please keep writing more like this! Romanitc and sexy and warm. Just lovely.
SGAFirenity chapter 5 . 6/26/2009
INCREDIBLE! I love this story it's so good. You're really good a description. Every emotion, every feeling the went through, wow. I don't think I've ever read a Mal/Inara story this good before.

I also loved River as the schedular in the previous two chapters, now that was hilarious. I also enjoyed the old lady in (i think it was ch 1 or 2) and the man who asked them about kids. That was a good add in.

I hope this isn't the end. I hope you have more for this story. It would be a shame to end it now because I really love this story. It's incredibly amazingly awesome. :D
Kshar chapter 5 . 5/16/2009
Loved it, times a billion :).