Reviews for Monty Python's 'The Hobbit'
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
This is actually perfectly Pythonesque! It's a rare intentional work of quality! (Except in the last paragraph it's Maiarin, not Maiaric- similarly Noldorin, Sindarin, Eldarin, Telerin, Valarin, etc.)
Jaxzan chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
What a great parody on The Hobbit. Would doing one for the Sil. be too taxing? It's great that you're not just going to insert skits.
Aria Breuer chapter 2 . 4/4/2011
This chapter was good.

At the beginning of this chapter, I was thinking of one of the pirates' songs, but I was probably mistaken.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the next chapters.

-Aria Breuer
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
This reminds me of the movie "Monty Python's: The Holy Grail". It the only Monty Python movie I've watched so far, but I'm glad this story is different from the films. Plus, I like the original material, which ties in well with the book titled "The Hobbit". I did notice some grammatical mistakes and possibly some typos, which you might want to look at, re-read the chapter and possibly the story, to find some of these mistakes. A grammatical error that I think was done well and on purpose was the consistencies of run-on sentences. For the purposes of this story, they work and the wording sounds close to Monty Python's wording.

Good job. I look forward to reading the next chapters in this story.

-Aria Breuer
maglors harp chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
"In a hole in a hill lived a Halfling. Not a slimy, phosphorescent hole full of fertilizer run-off from a local golf course or corporate farm, nor a dank, musty catacomb with decaying corpses strewn about in Byzantine stratification."

Excuse me while I call a doctor to see why I choked on my water.

Wonderful stuff, as usual.
Cadaver Collector chapter 7 . 11/6/2010
*laughs* poor Elrond...

good story so far!
Just a Wili chapter 28 . 10/15/2010
Amazingly clever. And very, very funny! Thanks for the wonderful reading!
Just a Wili chapter 10 . 10/15/2010
I loved the part about the omniscient narrador. The one who played God at school. *still laughing*
Shipwright's Trick chapter 28 . 8/4/2010
I loved every hilarious instant of it! Thank'ee! I'm off to read your next set now...
Shipwright's Trick chapter 24 . 4/6/2010
As strange as it sounds, it is actually possible to be gruntled. Go figure.

This entire thing has been absolutely hilarious; I look forward to reading the sequels!
Grummel chapter 18 . 3/18/2010
OMG, act II was surely amongst the funniest things I've ever read, once I identified the melody.
alfalfa7 chapter 6 . 1/11/2010
This is a bookmark.

Great so far anyways!

Until next time,

alfalfa7
alfalfa7 chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
I loved your song! I'm really enjoying this! I'm going to go read the rest now...I'll comment again on anything I think deserves mentioning.

Until next time,

alfalfa7
Clodia chapter 28 . 7/14/2009
Nice ending. I like the llama-fixation. Thank you!
Clodia chapter 27 . 7/14/2009
I'm liking the various versions of chapter 27! The idea of a shocking and depraved anticlimax is particularly delicious. It's good to see the narratorial side of the story wound up! though I do feel rather sorry for Narrator #2. 'But what of Bilbo'... that's a wonderful ramble taking us beautifully back to Monty Python. And the dwarves round it up nicely.