Reviews for Agents of Chaos
ramputeeza chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Wow, this is great! I love fics about the cycle and you explained Ganon's point of view really well. Thank you
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
o_o
Lordpanther14 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Great one-shot. Like the twist that not all of Ganon's attempts have been failures. Really solidifies that he is a force to be feared.
Galadriadhar chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Good monologue/dualogue whatever. Quite true.
Ganheim chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Ganon's eyes gleamed with both a wild animal's greed and with human intelligence. The girl did not know what scared her more.

[Anybody familiar with “Nietzsche” or “Machiavelli” should know the answer to that]

and the Triforce of Power.. belong

[…belongs]

It's amazing how people are so easy to use things, to sacrifice the lives of other beings for their own convenience."

[people so easily use things, sacrifice the lives…]

"You do the same, Ganon," Princess Zelda countered.

"Yes," Ganon agreed, stroking his chin, "but I am honest about it. When it comes down to it, people are the true monsters."

[Eerie in the admission]

Or perhaps you royals are the shadow and I am the courageous hero that comes to liberate the land?"

[Now _that’s_ a twist]

The princess wondered, with horror, if both parties had killed each other, leaving her to fade away in her chains.

[That would’ve been an interesting, dark turn]

"May I ask your name?"

"Link," the boy answered, "My name is Link."

"Thank you,

[Given all of the talk from Ganon, I’d have expected more than the casual acceptance presented here]

That was interesting, but I felt like it lacked follow-through from Zelda (at least introspection) on so many levels or regarding so many points. Why did she not react to the boy giving the name Ganon told her? Or any of that? Details like that wouldn't have added more than a page or two and it would've added a lot to the feel of completion.
Sakura's Sonata chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Hm...an interesting take on the game's redundant characters. Always, Link, Zelda, and Ganon, over and over...and over...

Ganon was speaking the truth throughout most of this. Eerie.

This makes me think...was Ganon REALLY defeated in WW and TP, or will we see him again?

Agents of chaos indeed. I love the philosophy you've used here. Your writing is always insightful, deep and just fun to read! Once again, outstanding job here!
Ivo-goji chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Yay, a Classic Zelda story that was actually good. Bravo!

Hm, not much to say. Other then Ganon mannerism, pretty much what I expected. You do a wonderful job of keeping him in character. He seems like a talkative King of Evil. I wish I could actually beat a game that featured him as the main villian, then I could hear one of his famous speeches. But no, his plans are just so difficult to overcome.
Wyote chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
This is a very nice one-shot you have here. There isn't enough Zelda stories for the earlier games, and you did a very good job with yours: not only was your depiction of the characters very good, but you even referenced OoT and how it comes before the first Zelda game chronologically.

I like how you depicted Ganon in this, it reminds me how in WindWaker he didn't seem like the Evil King he usually is, but a tired old man who just wanted his world back. Here he seems a lot like that, only while he still seems like the evil king, he still is obviously tired of his endless battles against Link and Zelda's reincarnations.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
I think I'm in love. It's so rare to see a fanfic of anything pre-OoT let alone the original Zelda. In fact, I think this is the only one I've actually come across. And so skillfully written. Ganon is simply enticing!
Sailor Dying-Will chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Nice. I liked it.
Elliot Spears chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Great one shot! I have a generalized rating system for fan fictions, and on that scale, your story falls in the "A minus" to "A" range. If you are interested, please see my profile for a detailed description of this rating, and what it represents. Now, for a more specific critique...

I am immensely impressed with the way in which you captured Ganon's character - not as a flat, or one-sided villain, but as a multi-faceted and fully developed character. He's character is often glossed over in fan fiction, but your story provided a deeper insight into his mind and thoughts. That was incredibly refreshing. You also captured Zelda quite well. She sounds like a young, frightened girl. Her dialogue and actions believable.

Your writing was also eloquent and stylistically refined. Your dialogue was fluid, and the descriptions that you provided were vivid, literally painting an image of the dungeon within my head. I especially enjoyed your opening paragraph. It invoked many of my senses. I could hear the chains clattering, feel their weight, and visualize the dank chamber. Excellent job.

Per constructive criticisms: most of what I noted involved very minor typos (a word left out here, a useless comma there). Nothing overly worrisome, and certainly nothing that detracted from the overall character of your piece. I noted a few problems with grammar and sentence structure. I'll list them for you here -

"There was a smell about him, too. It was not a fine strong swine-reek like she'd expected to smell when she'd first met him, no, it was something different – an odor like smoke, or old bones and night-magic, a stale death-scent."

- This could just be me, but this sentence feels rather awkward in its structure.I would put a either a semi-colon or a period between "him" and "no," rather than a comma.

"He kept her chained in these hard manacles that made her wrists ache, fed meager rations and left to sleep on this cold stone floor."

- Sentence feels unbalanced. Might flow better if you had something like: '..that made her wrists ache, fed her meager rations and left her to sleep..."

Ganon laughed. “Such big words from such a little girl,” he said, then added; “Of course the Hero will come. He always does.”

- Superfluous semi-colon. Comma would suffice.

“Power,” the princess said, “and the Triforce of Power.. belong to the people of Hyrule!”

- belongs?

Anyway, these are just some tiny hiccups in an otherwise excellent story! I'm off to check off some of your other work..."Slaughtering the Goat" looks especially intriguing! Take care!
Truth Questor chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Nicely done. I really like plot fill-ins like this. So... Are you implying that "Ocarina of Time" takes place chronologically before "The Legend of Zelda" (the first game)?
fishylishy chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Totally cute! I like how you were able to add on a little...suspense?...while the ending is just cute. Though I've never played Zelda 1, I got a basic understanding. Good job!
Petlover1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I really liked the way you planned that out great job. I like the story of how the hero is always named Link, the princess named Zelda and Ganon has always been Ganon, and then he dies and after a few years comes back to life. It was a really good one-shot. Great job!