Reviews for Superboy: Tall Tales
Jack Sparrow chapter 3 . 2/23/2012
I reviewed your song of doomsday story under anonymous..yet again..you have amazed me with your characterisation of Clark/Superman/Kal El. Are you sure that you are not the Man of Steel himself? Because the way you write totally seems like you are. Your story has a wonderful flow to it..which makes you look forward and anxious to reading the next chapter because you are expecting something amazing, which is exactly what you get, when getting there..sorta like a kid opening his/her presents on Christmas morning. You should totally be writing for DC comics, as it seems that you have natural ability to write about Superman as I'm sure all who have reviewed this story will agree. I enjoyed the way you made the whole finding out about his heritage different in the sense that he never fully understood it until he learnt Kryptonese..a nice angle. I'm glad you mentioned All Star Superman, as it almost felt as if I was reading a Grant Morrison story. Keep up the excellent work. Even if not many people have reviewed ur work..you certainly have at least one fan in me. I hope you will use the feedback I wrote on your song of doomsday story, as I look forward to you updating that.
Ranuel chapter 3 . 1/27/2010
This is a nice blending of pre and post Crisis elements with good insight into the characters.
Ironman29758 chapter 3 . 9/1/2009
Another good reason clark move across Metropolis and not have Clark and Superman/Red Blue Blur appear in Metropolis at the same time and Clark telling Pete and Lana his secret and has his dad die because that is an important part of the mythos to me and use parts Lex Luthor Tall Tales. Keep it up and I keep on reading
Ironman29758 chapter 2 . 8/28/2009
this was a great read.I am a big fan of clark kent as superboy and I hope you do more stories similar to this. I'm a writer to and I try to make good stories but I can never do it like you. the way you make it flow using my favorite silver age and modern age stories and use your own original ideas inspires me to write you!
SuperCharles chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Great stuff - the first person narrative works really well, and the story unfolds, step by step revealing more about Clark right up to the concluding line.

Thanks.
BumpaJim chapter 2 . 4/1/2009
Well S-Shield...you done it again! Excellent work once again. I have loved Superman, Superboy and Supergirl since forever. And now you have come along and brought a whole new sense, feel and reality to the series. Great work and please keep up the good work!

Jim
BumpaJim chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Just joined this forum today because I read this story. I am 54 and from many years since I was 17 I had read every Superboy, Superman, Action, Adventure, Superman Family etc. I could get my hands on. about 20 years ago, I had acquired a collection of what I remember to be over 1500 books. At that time, living in Toronto, circumstances dictated I had to let the collection go. A comic book store on Queen Street bought the whole lot. I hadn't read another until this story. That you S-Shield...you brought all those stories back to me. Plus given insight to the boy of steel with flavourings much akin to the Smallville series. I loved it and look forward to reading more of your stories.