Reviews for Variations on a Theme
RandomHufflepuff chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Now that I've started reading all of your stories about the Black kids, I can't stop thinking about them, especially the Black sisters. Im going to be doing some long, hard thinking about these people, who are so overlooked, like Regulus and Lavender Brown. Thanks for opening me up to something I'd never thought about before.
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Oh, this was just haunting, and thse last lines...seriously, shivers in my soul.
xxbeni.music.soul chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Amazing story I have a crush on the Black family & I shamelssy fangirl the Black sisters (especially Andromeda, for some reason) to no end, so this baby was powder gold for me.

Love it!
Pipsky chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I love it! Your characterization of all the sisters is spot on.
Niemand5 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Great one shot! I like how Andromeda isn't all 'perfect Muggle lover and Black family rebel' and just in general I like their characterizations. "But, oh, it all would have been such a laugh" seems like a very Narcissa socialite thing to say, and Bella's last line is also great.
Cymberline chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
ah. More glorious work on the characterization of the Black sisters. And yes, I am reading through your stories haha.
endybear chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I LOVE IT! Plain and simple this fic rocks.

You captured the Black sisters perfectly
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
i really like your characterizations of the black sisters
Duchess Winna chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
This was...incredible. I'm an unashamed Bellatrix fangirl too, and I totally agree about the passion - we all know her fervor for Voldemort's cause, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch to extend it to all aspects of her life. She's much more emotional as opposed to the other Death Eaters being more cold/calculating.

Andromeda not quite being able to let go of what she once believed was a really interesting concept, and one I'll have to think about. I've never really seen that written before, but the way you wrote it was very convincing.

Anyway. Great job!
omgiwantthisaccounttogoaway chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This is a really good character analysis. As terrified as I am of Bellatrix, she still is one of my favorite characters because of her ability to distance her morals (if she has any) from her work. I have never been able to do that, and even though it is a useful but terrible talent I still envy her for it. You are an excellent author
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Oh wow. This is just wonderful! Excellent perspective on the three sisters, whom all three are not really mentioned much, other than Bellatrix. It was interesting to see Andromeda conflicting with her blood relations, Narcissa being perfect and Bellatrix consumed by love. I especially liked the comment Bellatrix made, how she would kill Ted and her niece but not her sister and how she never wanted Cissy to join the war because she is too innocent. Great job!
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Woah! Great! I love the idea that there is just too much history and love in the past for the Black sisters to completely cut each other off. I loved the idea of Cissy wanting to be the socialite and the naivete of her dreams. Andromeda and Belle's sustained love for each other is also an excellent character study. Great work!
PotterHeadsAnonymous chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
All the world is a stage, and the people merely players. This has been a near constant thought of mine for many years, but if we are players, does that mean someone is pulling the strings? If so, who?

EXCELLENT work!
Hekate101 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Loverly. Three gorgeous introspective narratives, and it's absolutely right that Bella's is last, it works perfectly; they all go together and mesh and it's lovely and amazing and wonderful. I completely understand your fangirl crush, now; you wrote her exactly right and though I don't share it it wouldn't take much more like this and I would.
goddessa39 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Well, I liked it. You did a nice extension of their souls-the perfect mother/bloodtraitor-grown-up-pureblood, the perfectly pure mother/wife, and the bloodily ambitious warrior for a dark cause. And yet, they are sisters.