Reviews for A Gift in Blue Silk
Trevor X chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Two thumbs up.
Chaosmaiden07 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Loved it. I wonder if Lyn could get Kent to wear high heels?
P O chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
That was such a cute fic! I loved it! :)
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
I do searches of some characters I like to see if I can find any good stories with them. Yours sounded good, so I checked it out. Glad I did too. I don't think anyone seemed that OOC, even though it's been some time since I played FE 7 myself. I always thought Lyn would have trouble in high-soceity and Kent, being the loyal knight he is, well I think he'd follow her anywhere.

Anyway, good story. Very good.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
First, another KentxLyndis story not written by me, Kender, Qieru, or Xirysa. What is the world coming to! I'm starting to get confused...seeing two of these in two days is just...overwhelming. Wow.

[and her grandfather who claimed she could wear a flour sack and still look ravishing] I'm sure other people would agree, haha.

Oh, and I like that her father made her boots, her mother had given her her earrings, et cetera. I always thought her earrings came from her mother, too. D

[but others seemed to want nothing more than proof that Sacae was the land of really was no need for a reminder that Lyn barely belonged in higher society] I'm not sure if you forgot a word was "the land of", but this doesn't read quite right to me...

[The other theory Lycian nobles liked to entertain was that Sacaens roamed the plains naked.] Whoa. Too bad it wasn't true. Kent and Sain would have had quite a show when they found Lyndis. Err...but that is epically funny. I love that line.

Kent's deadpan serious expression even though he understood that Lyn was joking was epic. I loved that paragraph.

[because they matched her eyes so well and very comfortable] "and were very comfortable"

[She didn't usually whine but being seen naked within a tub of what she would normally eat with her morning toast was not an experience she wanted to prolong.] I laughed. Well, mentally. HAHAHA, that's epic. And true.

[Seeing how it was Kent, he probably did.] Yes, we know he did.

["What do I do with it all?" said Lyn.

"They're gifts," said a servant.

That didn't answer her question.] I love those lines. A LOT.

[Around her, the servants wiped the sweat from their brow and nodded their approval.] "brows"

[the bronze doork handle] "door", haha.

[But before Lyn could say anything, Kent, poker face and all, said, "This is Lady Marie, cousin thrice-removed of Lord Hector. It's her first time out of Ostia."] That's so cute...

["C'mon! Why are we still here?"] Good question, Lyndis!

Kent and Lord Hausen are so considerate of her, heehee.

[She turned to Kent and playfully twirled a corner of her shawl. "I don't think you give yourself enough credit.] She's so adorable.

["No," said Kent. "If milady willed it, I would leave with you."] Of course it's not selfish of you, Lyndis. D: And Kent, hehe, whoops, he opening his mouth. Caught up in the moment a bit, you handsome knight? ;)

[He looked away from her and stuttered, "Wh-what I meant was - "] Of course, haha!

Aww, and of course! Kent will be there any time she needs him. He's just that awesome. It's why we love him so much.

I thought their personalities were well done. Not everyone interprets Kent or Lyndis in the same way. I did enjoy your representation of the two of them. It was a fun read, too! Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

-Manna
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
pfft, no. Not OOC. Your Kent is spot on, as is Lyn. I especially love the playful exchanges towards the end and also in the beginning. And Eliwood and the Marquess! Also pitch perfect, brief as their appearances are.

The whole Lyn-is-forced-to-attend-a-ball/do ladylike stuff premise is getting kind of overdone at this point, but I quite like the way you've pulled it off here. Your writing style is breezy and very enjoyable - very distinctive (and entertaining) voice.

Seriously though, for someone who's uninspired by the pairing, you've written a fic with a lot of spark and charm. :P
Xirysa chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
I swear. Lately, it's been like BOOM. Explosion of KentLyn fics.

(Not that I mind, of course.)

Lyn... Would totally hate parties. At least, parties in which she couldn't act at all Sacaen.

At first, I was like Kent! Silly, silly Kent. You got her a gift and... Wait, it's Lyn's fault if she doesn't like it! Bad Lyn, bad! But then I understood what was going on, so it's all good.

Still, you shouldn't doubt yourself! This was wonderful, and I hope to see more from you later. (Especially KentLyn.) [shot]

(Kind of off topic, but... The bit about performing monkeys and Illian whores being exotic had me having a giggle fit for quite a while. Don't know why, but it did.)

[Xirysa]