Reviews for Promise on the Festival Night
williams5505 chapter 19 . 10/3/2009
I have recently discovered the anime Elfen Lied, and I was amazed at how much I had liked it. In fact, I had spent the entire weekend watching every episode of it until the painfully short series was over. Elfen Lied had kept me more than satisfied throughout the series with happy, sad, funny, tragic, and romantic parts.

Your story has done the same. I was left wanting more after watching the anime, and I decided to try and find some good fanfiction on it after watching it. When I had discovered that you had written a story, there was no hesitation on loading it up on my ipod and sitting in my reading chair, preparing to read one hell of a story.

And oh man did you deliver!

It is rare to find such a well written story as this one! You kept me up as late in the night as the actual anime! Everything was amazing! Lucy and Kouta were in character, as well as the Elfen Lied world, and every original idea that you came up with enhanced the story so much!

Being a writer as well, though I am rather new to this site, I can appreciate how well you did on keeping every character realistic while creating your own original idea. Great job. Each chapter kept me interested, and you added just enough 'condiments' to this story to keep it flavorful and delicious without overdoing it.

Congratulations: While this is the first Elfen Lied story I have ever read, I would say this is most likely one of the best. Critique? Spelling here and there, but that is every authors mistake, and it in no way stopped the flow of the story. Otherwise, this story was just fantastic, and I hope you pat yourself on the back for deciding to write it and doing such a damn good job. I know that you wrote this story a long while ago, but hopefully you'll remember how great it was and how much I appreciate it.

Good luck with your other stories!

Tetris Ex Machina chapter 19 . 9/22/2009
Great story!
ARCEUS-master chapter 19 . 9/21/2009
just finished reading this story and great a relly good story

GREAT WORK... hope your other story "My Apology" ends just ass good!
Nate-san chapter 19 . 9/18/2009
...Simply, just wow... I marathon-read your story since yesterday. I would have stopped to review each chapter, but I was too rapt and mesmerized that I just kept on reading. It was funny, heart-warming, sad, serious, intense, and highly entertaining.

I thought you were going to put Nana in for a key role in the plot development, but she didn't do much, so I got a little confused pondering upon her general purpose of being in the story at all. I mean you could have left her out just like Mariko, and I wouldn't have noticed a damn thing, but meh... I'm over it. Also, I don't remember Kanae being such a brat. I remember her being annoying at times to Koata, but not such a selfish, pain-in-the-ass little girl. All well. I can imagine her filling in that kind of personality anyway.

You managed to keep everyone in character, especially Lucy. I thought it was funny how she went from thinking upon how humans were the scum of the Earth, to her lovey-dovey thoughts about Koata (Chapter 2). I liked your story all the way to the ending, which I thought was going to be a sad one since the chapter is called "The World is Hell". You surprised me there, in a good way of course. Anyway, great job here. Just fix some typographical errors here and there and you got yourself a perfect story, in my opinion. 5/5.
SilverIceRing chapter 19 . 8/21/2009
Absolutely loved it. It was a nice short story that does have a somewhat happy ending in such a tragic anime. Even though some of the lines were somewhat corny (I mean, seriously? "Kouta my darling!" or "That's all I have ever wanted, to be in your arms forever." that sounds like something off some really old love mushy love story) most of the fic was really enjoyable. I hope you update that other Elfen Lied story "The Apology" sometime. Or at least that Naruto one "The Tempered Heart" or something like that. Later!
Epicweaver chapter 19 . 8/17/2009
Very good story.
PsylentFox chapter 19 . 8/12/2009
A satisfying end to an excellent story. I really don't have a problem with the ending at all. :P

Great job, wish I had more to offer.

PsylentFox chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
Another excellent chapter. :D I see why you like to keep the chapters short. Short, sweet, and to the point. I too have a habit of writing long chapters...and when I do, I realize that I wrote in a whole bunch of plot holes because my mind is jumping. :P

Still an excellent portrayal of Lucy as a child, and I do like the added self-control as well.

Great chapter, moving onto the next.

PsylentFox chapter 2 . 8/12/2009
Wow. An excellent second chapter. I just finished watching Elfen Lied last night, and I have to say that this is an excellent AU. Most "What if A, B, and C didn't happen" stories are often drab and or boring...but I find this one very entertaining.

You're an excellent writer if I do say so myself. You seem to catch Lucy's patterns very well, and you do an excellent job of having this story line become a viable alternative to what actually happened in the series.

Great chapter, moving onto the next,

Guest chapter 19 . 8/5/2009
Extremely well written story. A few spelling errors but I overlooked them due to the fact the content was near perfection.

You should continue this as you appear to have a natural talent for it.

Best of luck with more

An avid fan

Apollo da Skeith chapter 11 . 8/4/2009
Truly work worthy of the original. Well plan and executed fan fic in a sea of mediocre work. Truly this is one work that proves the reason for fan fics. 5 stars and by far the best I’ve read.
Da-Crazy-Tiger chapter 19 . 8/1/2009
Beautiful, just beautiful. Your stories are all breath-taking, and interesting. You are one of the few people in this world who is capable of making me cry. I cried in your other story 'The True Monster'. You are the ONLY author in this website (that I know of) that can write about yandere-ish girls, beautifully.

The ending for this story is wonderfully written. Your grammar is near-perfect. The plot is very interesting. This story has the right amount of angst and romance.

I really look forward to read more of your stories.

signed, crazytiger
Cheezy McCheezer chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
btw, Lucy/Nyu/Kaede never told Kohta what her name was at that point in the anime/manga but... meh :P
This Little Lily chapter 3 . 7/19/2009
Yay, yay, yay, yay~ Kouta came!

This Little Lily chapter 2 . 7/19/2009
Yay~ Lcuy's actually really happy and not uber crazy!

451 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »