Reviews for Promise on the Festival Night
Nate-san chapter 19 . 9/18/2009
...Simply, just wow... I marathon-read your story since yesterday. I would have stopped to review each chapter, but I was too rapt and mesmerized that I just kept on reading. It was funny, heart-warming, sad, serious, intense, and highly entertaining.

I thought you were going to put Nana in for a key role in the plot development, but she didn't do much, so I got a little confused pondering upon her general purpose of being in the story at all. I mean you could have left her out just like Mariko, and I wouldn't have noticed a damn thing, but meh... I'm over it. Also, I don't remember Kanae being such a brat. I remember her being annoying at times to Koata, but not such a selfish, pain-in-the-ass little girl. All well. I can imagine her filling in that kind of personality anyway.

You managed to keep everyone in character, especially Lucy. I thought it was funny how she went from thinking upon how humans were the scum of the Earth, to her lovey-dovey thoughts about Koata (Chapter 2). I liked your story all the way to the ending, which I thought was going to be a sad one since the chapter is called "The World is Hell". You surprised me there, in a good way of course. Anyway, great job here. Just fix some typographical errors here and there and you got yourself a perfect story, in my opinion. 5/5.
SilverIceRing chapter 19 . 8/21/2009
Absolutely loved it. It was a nice short story that does have a somewhat happy ending in such a tragic anime. Even though some of the lines were somewhat corny (I mean, seriously? "Kouta my darling!" or "That's all I have ever wanted, to be in your arms forever." that sounds like something off some really old love mushy love story) most of the fic was really enjoyable. I hope you update that other Elfen Lied story "The Apology" sometime. Or at least that Naruto one "The Tempered Heart" or something like that. Later!
Epicweaver chapter 19 . 8/17/2009
Very good story.
PsylentFox chapter 19 . 8/12/2009
A satisfying end to an excellent story. I really don't have a problem with the ending at all. :P

Great job, wish I had more to offer.

PsylentFox chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
Another excellent chapter. :D I see why you like to keep the chapters short. Short, sweet, and to the point. I too have a habit of writing long chapters...and when I do, I realize that I wrote in a whole bunch of plot holes because my mind is jumping. :P

Still an excellent portrayal of Lucy as a child, and I do like the added self-control as well.

Great chapter, moving onto the next.

PsylentFox chapter 2 . 8/12/2009
Wow. An excellent second chapter. I just finished watching Elfen Lied last night, and I have to say that this is an excellent AU. Most "What if A, B, and C didn't happen" stories are often drab and or boring...but I find this one very entertaining.

You're an excellent writer if I do say so myself. You seem to catch Lucy's patterns very well, and you do an excellent job of having this story line become a viable alternative to what actually happened in the series.

Great chapter, moving onto the next,

Guest chapter 19 . 8/5/2009
Extremely well written story. A few spelling errors but I overlooked them due to the fact the content was near perfection.

You should continue this as you appear to have a natural talent for it.

Best of luck with more

An avid fan

x
Apollo da Skeith chapter 11 . 8/4/2009
Truly work worthy of the original. Well plan and executed fan fic in a sea of mediocre work. Truly this is one work that proves the reason for fan fics. 5 stars and by far the best I’ve read.
Da-Crazy-Tiger chapter 19 . 8/1/2009
Beautiful, just beautiful. Your stories are all breath-taking, and interesting. You are one of the few people in this world who is capable of making me cry. I cried in your other story 'The True Monster'. You are the ONLY author in this website (that I know of) that can write about yandere-ish girls, beautifully.

The ending for this story is wonderfully written. Your grammar is near-perfect. The plot is very interesting. This story has the right amount of angst and romance.

I really look forward to read more of your stories.

signed, crazytiger
Cheezy McCheezer chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
btw, Lucy/Nyu/Kaede never told Kohta what her name was at that point in the anime/manga but... meh :P
This Little Lily chapter 3 . 7/19/2009
Yay, yay, yay, yay~ Kouta came!

~Twi
This Little Lily chapter 2 . 7/19/2009
Yay~ Lcuy's actually really happy and not uber crazy!

~Twi
Kalendren chapter 19 . 7/9/2009
a beautiful story with a beautiful ending you are a gifted writer keep up the good work
SamJaz chapter 19 . 7/1/2009
Loved this story, especially the ending, and how you managed to keep everyone in character.

... I think I'm actually getting teary eyed right now...
Amaya chapter 19 . 6/21/2009
OMG I loved this story. I love Lucy and Kouta stories, and had me at the edge of my seat at the end. I thought for sure you were going to end it like a lot of FFs I read where they kill Lucy, but you suprized me and I loved the ending.

It's funny I found this story through the story you are writing now all I have left to say is update soon!
448 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »