Reviews for The Night Watch
Marjatta chapter 14 . 5/2/2010
I've really been negligent about posting comments and want to apologize. In fact, I thought I had posted. I am so adept and self-delusion!

I love the way young Robin and Marian handle potentially. embarrassing situations here, especially the drunken Sally encounter. Marian's surprise as hearing Robin insist she be addressed as a lady was most touching. You've also caught extremely well their slight but yet, at this stage, significant difference in age. Robin is clearly older than Marian.

Hope to see the next chapter soon!
Luna12 chapter 14 . 4/28/2010
A very cute flashback. I have trouble seeing how this Robin will soon decide to cast everything away to join Richard in the crusades. I'm interested to see how you will pull that off.
88Mary88 chapter 14 . 4/26/2010
Your updates really made my day!

I think you pictured the reunion and the backround story extremely (!) well.

I'm looking forward to Marian's answer if she waited for Robin or not (I actually can't imagine that she decided to wait for him after he choose war over her (especially after the story with Sally))

Hope you update soon!
KIsimpleS chapter 14 . 4/25/2010
Another chapter, what a lucky girl I am! Thanks for posting!
Luna12 chapter 13 . 4/24/2010
I'm enjoying your mature Robin even if at times he's too good to be true to canon.

Very smooth transition from present to flashback. I'm looking forward to your take on why and how Marian stayed unmarried for so long.
Luna12 chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
Thank you so much for continuing this!

Such a touching reunion scene. It really pulls the heartstrings.

As usual, wonderful descriptions and good pacing. I particularly liked Robin's comments about war and the battlefield.

You capture Vasey so well with the dialogue. He is one to bellow, so the all caps are perfect.

Much: "You have no idea." - so very funny!
KIsimpleS chapter 13 . 4/24/2010
Sweet! Two chapters in one day! And Sweet again cause that's what I think about this chapter.
Marjatta chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
I have to say that I didn't expect Robin to find Marian so quickly and easily, but it is a nice surprise and nice change of pace from frequent long drawn-out treks where these two just keep missing each other. I also love that Robin stays in control of his feelings. Marian is distressed by Sally's presence, but Robin doesn't let that deter him in the slightest. Sally contributing by making Marian's dress is an exquisite touch. Now, I suspect it is important that Robin doesn't waste a moment to go after Marian. Oh, and a competent, helpful Much is always a plus. I'm obviously just pleased as punch! LOL
marain leafordof knighting chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
i love it wright more and update soon
88Mary88 chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
I just love this story, it's amazing and complex and... just everything. And this chapter was great again, too.

I must though admit that at the beginning I was a little bit unsure/ suspicious with this whole Sally-stuff, but now I personally see her as a great way to show Robin's love and 'faithfulness' towards Marian and in a way she also demonstrats that Robin indeed did grow up over the years (at least a little bit ;-)) your story please update soon!
KIsimpleS chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
I really liked this chapter, it was so sweet. I also feel really bad for Sally, she just can't catch a break. You're doing a great job, so thank you.
alwaysuptonogood chapter 12 . 4/24/2010
Love it, love it, love it! I really love how there's always a bit of backstory in it, it makes it different from other stories (: love you for writing this!
Marjatta chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Robin needs some luck tracking Marian. I can see why he is so upset about her not coming to him. However, I just love your Much and his levelheadedness, but then I'm sure you know that. I'm so glad you are finishing this story, hoods. Sorry I have been incommunicado recently. I'll write really soon and explain all.
Luna12 chapter 11 . 4/6/2010
I read this chapter with so much suspense!

I loved how Djaq was able to piece things together.

Great dialogue and descriptions. You really feel for Allan in this chapter and you layer him perfectly.

Your descriptions with Much are spot on. The rambling-ness is a direct insight into Much's thought process and is very in-character.

I really, really hope more is coming. This story is too good not to finish.
AccountKiller9999 chapter 11 . 4/5/2010
OMG, what's going to happen to Marian? I sure hope Robin finds her, soon!

Good story and keep up the good work!