Reviews for The Enigma Variations
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 2 . 12/28/2008
Ooh, I like this one. I have a certain fascination with the human Doctor. I think he's most likely more messed up than the Doctor realized. A lot of authors focus entirely on Rose's perspective, but I think they're missing so much more from the human Doctor. I love the way you wrote this, and you used the song perfectly. The big clues were "remembering the girl" and the haunted part. :) Good on ya! -Terri
addictedtofantasy chapter 2 . 12/28/2008
Oh wow. This was good. Really good. Brilliant. Beautiful, both this chapter and the last. I have absolutely no idea what song it could be but I just really enjoyed reading this.
reivers chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
I can't think of anything to describe this but beautiful. I really love your writing style.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Have no idea what the song was, would love to know, though. Got a song for you. "A Little Priest" From Sweeney Todd, the movie soundtrack. The lyrics and some type of sound sample can probably be found on the web. Hope you can think of something with it. It's one of those WAY out there songs.

Keep writing!
mysterypoet66 chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
A worthy elegy. *hugs* the meme of duality and symmetry is brilliant. Stop hiding your light from the larger world- start writing an eleventh doctor we'll love and get the scripts to england. Two songs for you to ponder- A Sorta Fairytale, Tori Amos. Candy, Collapsis. My challenge responses are still under construction. D'oh.
zanthinegirl chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Wow- new story. And it's heartbreakingly lovely.
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning) by Vertical Horizons?

And that was beautiful. I'm so sorry your friend can't read this, and I know how much it hurts to make something for someone who is gone, knowing they'll never be able to see it. There aren't any words I can say right now, because it will never be enough. *hugs*
Katie chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Just beautiful.
Olfactory-Ventriloquism chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
You know, I get so caught up in despising the cop-out that was Journey's End, that I tend to transfer my anger at RTD to the human that he thinks is a happy ending. And now, you're making me face Doctor!Too as not just a human, but a person. I can't decide whether or not I preferred my delusions.

*shrugs* Oh well, off to peruse Relics.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
I'm sorry. Would you like a hug?

(And that chapter frakking hurt. Think I might know the song; I just can't quite remember it 'cause I never really listened to it. XD )
Cat Yuy chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
Words cannot express how much I love you.

This chapter, let me quote Tosh, "You're breaking my heart"

I wish I could go on but I can't seem to find any better words to do so.

I really, truly, love you and your writing.
PrincessOfQuestionableMorals chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Oh, oh. "We Danced Anyways" by Deanna Carter.

Is that right?
blvdgirl chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Ah, now that's a pretty thing.
mysterypoet66 chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Graceful, lovely, a little melancholy, but ultimately hopeful. It's got a nice reflective tone. A watercolor rather than a vividly textured tapestry. You're going to have to reveal the songs when the story is finished. I've got such a wildly eclectic musical palate that at least ten pieces leapt to mind.
Aleviel chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
That was unbelievably beautiful.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »