Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
CanadianInk chapter 38 . 3/10/2014
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THAT WAS SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
No one else who can state the obvious... your words were prophetic! (Legolas in movie)
Sarahml chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
I have been waiting for the undoing of U-glir so long and I am glad that it FINALLY happened! AND this is one of the BEST ones I have read so far. You are such a talented writer. I realized that you have finished writing this piece long ago and I am glad that I am reading a completed fanfiction. Otherwise, I will go very impatient about the next unwritten chapter! :P Thank you for writing this.
Bourbon Rose chapter 38 . 11/25/2013
I looove this so much and I must have read this about a hundred times now, and I was wondering if you were going to continue it? Because I'm just so curious what's going to happen and you've left Legolas half-captive and Gimli half-dead, and I just can't stand not knowing what's going to happen to them. You write wonderfully and your characterisation is perfect. Hope to hear from you soon! ;)
Ninfea di Luna chapter 38 . 11/24/2013
What about the end of this awesome story ?
here is one of the best fanfic I have never read. Thank you so much for writing it.
armedwithanotepad chapter 38 . 9/3/2013
Dear god. I am never going to be able to read any fanfiction but yours at this point. Seriously. Your work is just that good.
Where do I start?
First of all: the plot. Honestly, it's fantastic. A tapestry, where all the while, you think the end product is visible, but it isn't.
Second of all. Your characterisation. All your characters are brilliant, done in a believable way- they behave realistically, they have flaws and they all have their own very distinctive personalities. They're not bland or one sided. Even though you provided a list of all the characters at the end of each chapter, I found I didn't really need it. They are separated by their attitudes.
The whole u-glir thing was-interesting, to say the least. An interesting concept. I don't know how I feel about his diminished elven reflexes and the plausibility of it all, but it certainly made for an interesting read. I particularly liked the fact that it had an effect on other people present. It's nice to see Aragorn has some doubts and that Eomer feels eclipsed. Unlike many other pieces, your characters are not wholly good or evil. Both have strengths and weaknesses, just like real people.
Harad. I loved it. You built up the culture from next to no canon information and I entirely believed it. The way water is guarded with such ferocity. Their dependency on it. The whole Gathering, the politics of the tribes- loved it. Loved it all. In some cases, I thought I'd missed a hundred or so pages of the actual books, it was that good.
So- all in all, fantastic. This story is just as good as many of the books I've read, and better than a fair chunk. There were moments where I actually laughed and sad moments, too. As always, your depiction of Legolas and Gimli's friendship is perfect.
Having said all that, however- I realise I'm reading this 12 years after it was first published (how did I not discover this before?) and it's still incomplete. Whilst I realise that, yes, you've worked on plenty of (brilliant) one shots, and other (also incomplete) longer stories, could you maybe write a few more chapters of this? I understand that you may have lost interest in it, but could you please attempt to finish it? (and During a Journey in the Dark, New Year's Eve and especially Fear No Darkness, I love that one)
Ok, that's enough from me. Keep up the fabulous writing! (I'll go immerse myself in one of your one shots, now…)
Mari83 chapter 38 . 7/20/2013
First of all, I never meant to start reading LOTR fic. (Because who needs another addiction) But your stories were on somebody's favorite list and I started reading While the Ring went South, During a Journey in the Dark, Fear No Darkness and now this one and I'm most thoroughly hooked. Your storytelling is excellent, the intricate plots outstanding and even though I'm reading this years after it was posted I enjoy the level of interaction and Q&A you have with your reviewers. I love and prefer novel-length stories, but I doubt I'll be able to keep away from your one-shots.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 38 . 6/28/2013
A cliffhanger, really? Really?!

Please don't forget this story of yours. It begs to be completed.

Great characterizations, great insight into human nature, and excellent banter between Legolas and Gimli. You seem to thoroughly enjoy writing those bits. I love the politics and its unraveling, the bits of envy Eomer holds, and Aragorn's overall Aragornness.

Please do continue this.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 38 . 5/13/2013
Ah, damn, this is such and awesome story! I've really, really enjoyed it up to this point. I think that your characterization is great and I've really enjoyed the interaction between Legolas and Gimli! Given that it hasn't been updated for eight years, I doubt that you're planning to continue, but I would really, really love to see more!
Freddio507 chapter 38 . 5/12/2013
I've just spent a good 10 days reading your story and I was gutted to see that it wasn't complete. It is amazing, please please please don't leave me hanging like this, please continue !
Guest chapter 38 . 2/26/2013
This story has stuck out in my mind since I first read it, nearly 8 years ago. You had me on the edge of my seat. I still come back to see if you have updated it from time to time. I hope one day I'll come back and my wish has come true.
yamina-chan chapter 38 . 1/25/2013
I am not quite sure how I managed to miss this story of yours untill recently, but I am glad that I've read it now ) Well...that which is there of it XD'
And don't get me wrong, this is a lot! Judging by the wordcount I guess it's at least 700 pages or so, were this a book. (Which is twice the amount of many books allready)
I really enjoyed reading this, following the story, the characters and all the ideas you have brought up and developed. It really is one of those stories that it is easy to recognize as one of yours, judging by skill and style. Along the way there were many things I wanted to say, but as I've read this over the timespan of a few days I've not been taking notes as I usually would, so...XD'
I suppose more detailed feedback will be a posibility if you decide to continue this at some point )
Untill then, I thank you for sharing what you allready have.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 38 . 1/20/2013
oooh
nightwalker3 chapter 38 . 1/6/2013
Even unfinished, this is one of my favorite LOTR fics. I love Legolas and Gimli and their dedication to each other. I love the politics and the maneuvering. I reread this every year and it never fails to pull me in.
Ev chapter 27 . 12/15/2012
What a brilliant chapter! Aragorn, Eomer, Legolas Gimli AND Imrahil. For some reason that I cannot pnpoint exactly, I loved it - there was something irresistable about the language and the fascinating review of the situation. You are clearly an expert at managing the political contents.
It's helped me to have a firmer grasp of the situation, although I'm not perspective enough to put my ideas and predictions into words. I read most of the chapter out loud taking a thrill in the familiar atmosphere of anticipation and concern.
The reference to the sea is certainly worrying... As well as reminding me of all the trouble that Legolas created in the beginning.
A high rating for this one!
1,259 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »