Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
Sammy chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
I am begging you to please, please, PLEASE continue it!
sekeedil chapter 38 . 7/16/2014
I'm so disappointed that this fic hasn't been updated in so long! I know that this review probably won't do anything, but please could you finish this story! It feels like, from the state of that last chapter, that things were about to get heated as we were almost to the end. And to leave us with such a cliffhanger! I can't even begin to explain how much I need to know what happens next... please?
Nieriel Raina chapter 38 . 7/1/2014
*knocks on door hesitantly* Hello? Anybody here?

Any chance you will ever complete this? It is one of my absolute favorite fanfics and for years I've reread it. Im certain everyone comes out in the end but the execution of that would be greatly appreciated. Ive really missed your writing! And yes, I know. I need to work on a certain dwarf story myself. ;)

NiRi
Bbgfxdffff chapter 22 . 6/27/2014
Damn that's a lot of OC's
Guest chapter 38 . 6/19/2014
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE
Guest chapter 38 . 5/15/2014
OMG YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE US HANGING! Cliffies ought to be made ILLEGAL! Grrrrrrrr...

IF YOU ARE STILL ALIVE, PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE!
CanadianInk chapter 38 . 3/10/2014
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THAT WAS SUCH A CLIFFHANGER!
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
No one else who can state the obvious... your words were prophetic! (Legolas in movie)
Sarahml chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
I have been waiting for the undoing of U-glir so long and I am glad that it FINALLY happened! AND this is one of the BEST ones I have read so far. You are such a talented writer. I realized that you have finished writing this piece long ago and I am glad that I am reading a completed fanfiction. Otherwise, I will go very impatient about the next unwritten chapter! :P Thank you for writing this.
Bourbon Rose chapter 38 . 11/25/2013
I looove this so much and I must have read this about a hundred times now, and I was wondering if you were going to continue it? Because I'm just so curious what's going to happen and you've left Legolas half-captive and Gimli half-dead, and I just can't stand not knowing what's going to happen to them. You write wonderfully and your characterisation is perfect. Hope to hear from you soon! ;)
Ninfea di Luna chapter 38 . 11/24/2013
What about the end of this awesome story ?
here is one of the best fanfic I have never read. Thank you so much for writing it.
armedwithanotepad chapter 38 . 9/3/2013
Dear god. I am never going to be able to read any fanfiction but yours at this point. Seriously. Your work is just that good.
Where do I start?
First of all: the plot. Honestly, it's fantastic. A tapestry, where all the while, you think the end product is visible, but it isn't.
Second of all. Your characterisation. All your characters are brilliant, done in a believable way- they behave realistically, they have flaws and they all have their own very distinctive personalities. They're not bland or one sided. Even though you provided a list of all the characters at the end of each chapter, I found I didn't really need it. They are separated by their attitudes.
The whole u-glir thing was-interesting, to say the least. An interesting concept. I don't know how I feel about his diminished elven reflexes and the plausibility of it all, but it certainly made for an interesting read. I particularly liked the fact that it had an effect on other people present. It's nice to see Aragorn has some doubts and that Eomer feels eclipsed. Unlike many other pieces, your characters are not wholly good or evil. Both have strengths and weaknesses, just like real people.
Harad. I loved it. You built up the culture from next to no canon information and I entirely believed it. The way water is guarded with such ferocity. Their dependency on it. The whole Gathering, the politics of the tribes- loved it. Loved it all. In some cases, I thought I'd missed a hundred or so pages of the actual books, it was that good.
So- all in all, fantastic. This story is just as good as many of the books I've read, and better than a fair chunk. There were moments where I actually laughed and sad moments, too. As always, your depiction of Legolas and Gimli's friendship is perfect.
Having said all that, however- I realise I'm reading this 12 years after it was first published (how did I not discover this before?) and it's still incomplete. Whilst I realise that, yes, you've worked on plenty of (brilliant) one shots, and other (also incomplete) longer stories, could you maybe write a few more chapters of this? I understand that you may have lost interest in it, but could you please attempt to finish it? (and During a Journey in the Dark, New Year's Eve and especially Fear No Darkness, I love that one)
Ok, that's enough from me. Keep up the fabulous writing! (I'll go immerse myself in one of your one shots, now…)
Mari83 chapter 38 . 7/20/2013
First of all, I never meant to start reading LOTR fic. (Because who needs another addiction) But your stories were on somebody's favorite list and I started reading While the Ring went South, During a Journey in the Dark, Fear No Darkness and now this one and I'm most thoroughly hooked. Your storytelling is excellent, the intricate plots outstanding and even though I'm reading this years after it was posted I enjoy the level of interaction and Q&A you have with your reviewers. I love and prefer novel-length stories, but I doubt I'll be able to keep away from your one-shots.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 38 . 6/28/2013
A cliffhanger, really? Really?!

Please don't forget this story of yours. It begs to be completed.

Great characterizations, great insight into human nature, and excellent banter between Legolas and Gimli. You seem to thoroughly enjoy writing those bits. I love the politics and its unraveling, the bits of envy Eomer holds, and Aragorn's overall Aragornness.

Please do continue this.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 38 . 5/13/2013
Ah, damn, this is such and awesome story! I've really, really enjoyed it up to this point. I think that your characterization is great and I've really enjoyed the interaction between Legolas and Gimli! Given that it hasn't been updated for eight years, I doubt that you're planning to continue, but I would really, really love to see more!
1,265 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »