Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 38 . 6/28/2013
A cliffhanger, really? Really?!

Please don't forget this story of yours. It begs to be completed.

Great characterizations, great insight into human nature, and excellent banter between Legolas and Gimli. You seem to thoroughly enjoy writing those bits. I love the politics and its unraveling, the bits of envy Eomer holds, and Aragorn's overall Aragornness.

Please do continue this.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 38 . 5/13/2013
Ah, damn, this is such and awesome story! I've really, really enjoyed it up to this point. I think that your characterization is great and I've really enjoyed the interaction between Legolas and Gimli! Given that it hasn't been updated for eight years, I doubt that you're planning to continue, but I would really, really love to see more!
Freddio507 chapter 38 . 5/12/2013
I've just spent a good 10 days reading your story and I was gutted to see that it wasn't complete. It is amazing, please please please don't leave me hanging like this, please continue !
Guest chapter 38 . 2/26/2013
This story has stuck out in my mind since I first read it, nearly 8 years ago. You had me on the edge of my seat. I still come back to see if you have updated it from time to time. I hope one day I'll come back and my wish has come true.
yamina-chan chapter 38 . 1/25/2013
I am not quite sure how I managed to miss this story of yours untill recently, but I am glad that I've read it now ) Well...that which is there of it XD'
And don't get me wrong, this is a lot! Judging by the wordcount I guess it's at least 700 pages or so, were this a book. (Which is twice the amount of many books allready)
I really enjoyed reading this, following the story, the characters and all the ideas you have brought up and developed. It really is one of those stories that it is easy to recognize as one of yours, judging by skill and style. Along the way there were many things I wanted to say, but as I've read this over the timespan of a few days I've not been taking notes as I usually would, so...XD'
I suppose more detailed feedback will be a posibility if you decide to continue this at some point )
Untill then, I thank you for sharing what you allready have.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 38 . 1/20/2013
oooh
nightwalker3 chapter 38 . 1/6/2013
Even unfinished, this is one of my favorite LOTR fics. I love Legolas and Gimli and their dedication to each other. I love the politics and the maneuvering. I reread this every year and it never fails to pull me in.
Ev chapter 27 . 12/15/2012
What a brilliant chapter! Aragorn, Eomer, Legolas Gimli AND Imrahil. For some reason that I cannot pnpoint exactly, I loved it - there was something irresistable about the language and the fascinating review of the situation. You are clearly an expert at managing the political contents.
It's helped me to have a firmer grasp of the situation, although I'm not perspective enough to put my ideas and predictions into words. I read most of the chapter out loud taking a thrill in the familiar atmosphere of anticipation and concern.
The reference to the sea is certainly worrying... As well as reminding me of all the trouble that Legolas created in the beginning.
A high rating for this one!
Ev chapter 22 . 12/15/2012
I felt the need the need to leave a review after this chapter because by Valar - it's getting really good! I find myself now sucked into the politics of the Harad tribes and anticipating the events to come. Also by now I feel like I've gotten the hang of your writing style, which contrasts sharply with my usual reads, but successfully delivers this tale with a sense of originality. I enjoyed learning more about the individual tribes and reactions here. Your original characters and other details for that matter, are absolutely brilliant. Especially in terms of personalities and political standpoint. Continuing this fic (third day now) was obviously not for nothing. I did protest a bit to my screen at some rather non-canon parts, but overall the story is quite entertaining, in this fascinating desert setting. I'm afraid I've rambled too long now. I wish I could comment more specifically, if my poor reviewing skills would allow it. Good job!
Nellas Aldarion chapter 38 . 8/16/2012
Wow. Let me start by complimenting you on this accomplishment. I can't even imagine how many hours it took to create a tale of such scope. You are easily one of my favorite FF authors; I find your writitng style, content, and word choice all excellent. Your characterization is easily believable within the world Tolkien created, and your writing fits well with the original.

That said, IT'S NOT DONE. You originally published the first parts of this story eleven years ago now, and after 38 chapters and easily tens of thousands of words, THERE'S STILL MORE. AND IT'S NOT HERE. I would love to know what happens next! The story moves maybe a bit slower than I might like, but I've read this far and I want to know what happens! Regardless, still a fan.
Nellas Aldarion chapter 30 . 8/6/2012
Another great chapter! Nicely done. Up to this point I've belonged largely in the "lurker" category, but I just finished this chapter and thought I'd put in my two cents. First off let me say how glad I am to have a little action. I enjoy yor writing style and trust you'll tell a great story with these characters just as you've done in your other tales (While the Ring went south continues to be one of my favrites), man is this getting long! Stories in the political vein aren't my cup of tea to say the least, but I've committed myself to seeing this one through and I'm glad we seem to be coming to the end of the whispers behind closed doors bit, as well as you're doing with it. I'm also impressed with all the original content you've come up with for this tale. Though Tolkien gave us a relatively narrow view of the men who occupy the areas outside Gondor's influence, especially considering all we know of the elves, you've done a beautiful job of expounding on it Nd adding your own touches that fit well with the worlds and characters from canon. If I had one complaint, it would be your few grammatical/typographical errors, but those are certainly easily fixed, and I'm a bit of a stickler. I can't wait to read the rest!
FFX2player chapter 38 . 7/20/2012
I have to ask, do you ever intend to finish this?

Because you have again delivered a wonderful story. Best of all, you have created two "villains" who are not truly villains but men who commit evil acts. Men I can see existing in real life, in all their horror. You've also created an entire thriving culture, and I would love to see the end of this.
LegolassLove chapter 38 . 7/8/2012
Hello there again!

Shortly after reading your other stories, I found this one. And promptly read everything you've written so far. In one day. Again. :)

I am seriously and dangerously in love with your writing and your wonderful writing style and plotlines and I am so amazed that you can think of these stories. I know writers hate it when people beg for an update, but I cannot resist. It has been over seven years since your last update, but is it too much to hope for?

I sincerely hope to see more of your writing soon!
Nieriel Raina chapter 19 . 12/30/2011
As much as I hate it when readers beg me for an update on a story that writer's block has sabotaged, I can't help begging. PLEASE? *shakes your muse* I know, I know. I owe you an update on Blákari too. I'm holding him hostage. ;) I think I'd actually PAY to see an update on this story. I've got at least $20 in coins saved somewhere. ;P
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 38 . 12/28/2011
It has been 6 years...buuuuut, could you still drop us an update? It would be most awesome... :3 I need to know what happened to everyone!):
1,252 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »