Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
Ev chapter 22 . 12/15/2012
I felt the need the need to leave a review after this chapter because by Valar - it's getting really good! I find myself now sucked into the politics of the Harad tribes and anticipating the events to come. Also by now I feel like I've gotten the hang of your writing style, which contrasts sharply with my usual reads, but successfully delivers this tale with a sense of originality. I enjoyed learning more about the individual tribes and reactions here. Your original characters and other details for that matter, are absolutely brilliant. Especially in terms of personalities and political standpoint. Continuing this fic (third day now) was obviously not for nothing. I did protest a bit to my screen at some rather non-canon parts, but overall the story is quite entertaining, in this fascinating desert setting. I'm afraid I've rambled too long now. I wish I could comment more specifically, if my poor reviewing skills would allow it. Good job!
ValkyrieH chapter 38 . 8/16/2012
Wow. Let me start by complimenting you on this accomplishment. I can't even imagine how many hours it took to create a tale of such scope. You are easily one of my favorite FF authors; I find your writitng style, content, and word choice all excellent. Your characterization is easily believable within the world Tolkien created, and your writing fits well with the original.

That said, IT'S NOT DONE. You originally published the first parts of this story eleven years ago now, and after 38 chapters and easily tens of thousands of words, THERE'S STILL MORE. AND IT'S NOT HERE. I would love to know what happens next! The story moves maybe a bit slower than I might like, but I've read this far and I want to know what happens! Regardless, still a fan.
ValkyrieH chapter 30 . 8/6/2012
Another great chapter! Nicely done. Up to this point I've belonged largely in the "lurker" category, but I just finished this chapter and thought I'd put in my two cents. First off let me say how glad I am to have a little action. I enjoy yor writing style and trust you'll tell a great story with these characters just as you've done in your other tales (While the Ring went south continues to be one of my favrites), man is this getting long! Stories in the political vein aren't my cup of tea to say the least, but I've committed myself to seeing this one through and I'm glad we seem to be coming to the end of the whispers behind closed doors bit, as well as you're doing with it. I'm also impressed with all the original content you've come up with for this tale. Though Tolkien gave us a relatively narrow view of the men who occupy the areas outside Gondor's influence, especially considering all we know of the elves, you've done a beautiful job of expounding on it Nd adding your own touches that fit well with the worlds and characters from canon. If I had one complaint, it would be your few grammatical/typographical errors, but those are certainly easily fixed, and I'm a bit of a stickler. I can't wait to read the rest!
FFX2player chapter 38 . 7/20/2012
I have to ask, do you ever intend to finish this?

Because you have again delivered a wonderful story. Best of all, you have created two "villains" who are not truly villains but men who commit evil acts. Men I can see existing in real life, in all their horror. You've also created an entire thriving culture, and I would love to see the end of this.
LegolassLove chapter 38 . 7/8/2012
Hello there again!

Shortly after reading your other stories, I found this one. And promptly read everything you've written so far. In one day. Again. :)

I am seriously and dangerously in love with your writing and your wonderful writing style and plotlines and I am so amazed that you can think of these stories. I know writers hate it when people beg for an update, but I cannot resist. It has been over seven years since your last update, but is it too much to hope for?

I sincerely hope to see more of your writing soon!
Nieriel Raina chapter 19 . 12/30/2011
As much as I hate it when readers beg me for an update on a story that writer's block has sabotaged, I can't help begging. PLEASE? *shakes your muse* I know, I know. I owe you an update on Blákari too. I'm holding him hostage. ;) I think I'd actually PAY to see an update on this story. I've got at least $20 in coins saved somewhere. ;P
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 38 . 12/28/2011
It has been 6 years...buuuuut, could you still drop us an update? It would be most awesome... :3 I need to know what happened to everyone!):
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
I have read several of your fics, and I have to say, this is my fav so far:D (Part of the reason being that Legolas seem to be the only one in danger of well...whump, and there seems to be little chance of mental anguish for him:3)

That all said, I have to point out something...erm, you have a recurring typo error. When you say that it is something of Legolas, it should be ( Legolas' ) and not (Legolas's)...it's a little jarring to see the additional 's' as it is...but it is pretty minor...and I'm glad that your fics do not ever make the mistake of confusing 'your' and 'you're' or 'there' and 'their'...

Your fic is really awesome! I'll stop my rambling for now and go on to read the next chapter(;
Gaowen chapter 38 . 8/13/2011
Wonderful story, truly a credit to people who actually want to write decent fanfiction. I encountered this story about six months ago, and thus I know that the chance of an update is fading rapidly, if not gone. If you do have time though, please write more! I love your writing style,it has me hanging at the edge of my seat.
Stephanie Lou chapter 38 . 8/7/2011
I know it probably wont be for a very long time but please don't ever abandon this story. I have spent all day reading it as it is one of my favourites (even if it has no ending at the present time!)

I know you're still active on the site and updating/posting stories so I continue to hope you will return to this one one day? (While I think of it, your "During a journey in the dark" is another work of art I hope you don't leave unfinished?)

Never doubt my amazement and awe at your writing skills!
WynterSkyy chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Love it. Gimli's my favorite of all the lotr characters so I love the dwarf and elf interaction.

He has an affliction and cannot endure your glory, Faensul

Too funny!
Enna Namo chapter 38 . 4/20/2011
If I haven't mentioned it before in a different review I tell you again: Your writing is execellent! You make situations come alive that much that during those fighting scenes I hold my breath, I could feel the sun burning on my skin while riding through the desert, I felt myself become thursty when Legolas and Gimli managed to escape and where hiding in that cave and now you find me biting my nails, which are already very short, finding that you stopped updating this story. Sigh, me is very sad! Will Aragons plan succeed? Have Imrahils men reached Gondor and Rohan and what action will those kingdoms take? Will they two send men? Will Imrahil reach them in time? And what about Gimli and Legolas?

I am desperatly hoping that you will continue this story! But in the meantime I'll read what else you have written!
Wilde Girl chapter 38 . 4/7/2011
*screams long and loud* NOOOOOO! You can't leave the story there...*sobs* Please, I honestly beg you to update...This is the most awesome story on this site..PLEASE update!
Aminamenta chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Hey Thundera,

Just wanted to see if you were still active around here! Always loved your LOTR fics for years. Still wish I knew more about what happens with Land of Light and Shadows. Also want to read more of your Journey in the Dark! Such good work, very kind and holding to the original cannon while expressing such individual storytelling. Like it! Hope you are still writing! :)
BEST STORY EVER chapter 38 . 11/1/2010
hey seriously, this is the best story i think i have ever read! but that was YEARS ago. im sooo sad it never got finished! please finish it :(
1,259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »