Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
anon chapter 38 . 4/17/2010
So, I just spent the last several hours reading this fic and it was simply amazing. To be honest, I only started reading LOTR fanfic during this week and your story was the one that started it. Your writing is just amazing, magical in the regards that everything flows so well and I can easily say, this is the best fanfic I ever read.

With that, this was an amazing tale. I know it's been five years since you updated but I hope you will come back to this tale some time. You left us off at a cliffhanger and well, I would love to know more. There are so many loose ends still, and so much still to happen! There's still the final battle (and while there are finally allies, many are still injured (hearing, broken arms, etc)) and I wonder at how the Prince will come in along with the missing scouts. Ah, and of course poor Legolas and Gimli.

I'm really poor with words but let it be known that this anon will keep on waiting for any update at all.
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 38 . 4/15/2010
Wow! Awesome story! I love how you've made the Haradrim real people with a real culture rather than just the slavering villains of cannon. You've even managed to make me like Dashnir! I'm not sure why either. I suppose because I love strategy. Anyway, great work! Don't leave it there though please? Please do give us more soon! I can't wait to hear how this will turn out!

P.S. Legolas is amazing!
Laifan chapter 16 . 3/27/2010
Hello! I've recently become quite interested in LOR once again so I've searched quite a few fics. I must say you're one of my favourite authors so far because you stay true to the characters and you weave such interesting plots. I'm almost finished with 'While the Ring Went South' but I got detracted from it for a couple of weeks due to RL and now I've found this awesome tale, 'Land of Light and Shadow'. I'm afraid I'm going to be reading both stories at the same time now and so reviewing both at the same time XD;

I love what you did in 'WRWS' since I love when the Fellowship is still gathered and the adventures they lived in the short time (well it was short in the film) they were together. I've always liked Boromir and it's so sad that he's often depicted as a weak or evil man in fics just because the ring broke his will faster. So, yeah, I like your fic because, as I said, you stay true to the characters. I love your portray on Legola's and Gimli's friendship and their childish antics as well as the others' reactions to it.

As for this story I'm ejoying it thoroughly and I can see you put quite the effort and time in characterization and plot. I can't wait to read more )
Rhys chapter 38 . 3/19/2010
Oh, Valar, this is so beautiful. Please let there be more soon to come. I know it's been so very, very long since this was updated, but it really is still my favorite of all stories, and I so dearly want to see the end. This is at least my fifth read-through of LoLaS, and I am still moved every time by the emotions, imagery, and unutterably brilliant writing. I wish you luck in everything, but especially in the hopefully eventual completion of LoLaS. Thank you for being amazing.
Gryphaena chapter 38 . 9/15/2009
Oh dang! I hope Legolas doesn't die in the next moments.

I've left at least three anonymous reviews with an "incantation" asking for more chapters.

I will patiently wait for more and savor them as they come.

There are so many details to remember in this epic.

This will be on my alerts.
Brazeau chapter 38 . 9/3/2009
I really love this story and I hope that you find the inspiration to continue it at some point. You are an amazing author, though I know you hear that all the time. Please tell me if Gimli lives or dies! Thanks
Gryphaena chapter 38 . 8/1/2009
Perhaps the third time's the charm?

Muses, inspiration, motivation and time!

Please spring forth and create more chapters sublime for an author whose pen is as sharp as her mind!
ilysia chapter 38 . 6/28/2009
Oh, my goodness. I apologize for not leaving reviews for each of these amazing chapters, but I just couldn't stop reading long enough to form coherent, much less interesting, thoughts. Brilliant, just brilliant. There is so much here, but I'll try to touch on just a few.

First of all, your characters and their cultures are absolutely marvelous. I'm going to assume that some of that comes from what you've studied (international law and diplomacy, yes?), because the depth and veracity you've given to the Haradrim is just fantastic. And I may not like them (or most of them) very much, but I absolutely believe them. The ever-shifting loyalties and quasi- alliances are compelling and serve very well to frustrate our dear northern friends. And the politics are very, well, political.

Secondly, I just want to thank you for the care you take with the languages. I have a sort of insatiable desire for languages, and the care that you take with each of Tolkien's (even when he only mentions it) is wonderful.

And then there's the story. How is it that your plots always manage to pull me in so completely? Between this and "Fear No Darkness", I'll be preoccupied for weeks. Just a few things that really stood out to me, since I appear to be doing an instant recap: the fact that the darkness that was originally cast over Legolas affected Aragorn and Eomer to such an extent. It was (and I say it again) believable, the way their faults were pulled to the forefront. The politics were wonderful, in the way that only complex and evil politics can be. And then we have Legolas and Gimli, to whose friendship I think you do perfect justice. I'm worried about them, and yet their banter still has the ability to make me laugh out loud.

So, here's to hoping that we see more of this wonderful story soon, because I'm quite excited that Dashnir's gotten too close to Legolas. (I loved the arrow trick, by the way. Brilliance in simplicity.) Bravo, and may your pen (or keyboard!) by swift and inspired!
Osprey Eamon chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Gimli and Legolas' banter makes for amusing reading. I think I'm really going to enjoy this story.
sh777 chapter 38 . 5/4/2009
I have enjoyed this story so far. Will it be finished?
Rainbow chapter 38 . 5/3/2009
Amazing story! But sadly it's not finished. Can you not bring yourself to end this story? Would be great, if you did.

Writing myself, I know how hard it can be at times, but sometime you just have to force yourself to write, so long till it flows again.

Four years to abandon a story is long, but I hope you'll write the end someday. I'm sure many are waiting...
Moonlith chapter 21 . 3/22/2009
Some mistakes I caught:

"having finished concluded all business" Finished or concluded?

"many things to discussed" To be discussed.

"here what Legolas and Gimli have to tell" Hear.

"he would hesitated to ask" Would hesitate.

Also, the words of camaraderie between Aragorn and Eomer at the end of their discussion seemed a bit overkill to me, grand men though they are. But otherwise, it was very good as usual. This aspect of Destroyer and the meaning of its confrontation with Legolas is especially very interesting and well thought-out.

Moonlith chapter 20 . 3/21/2009
A couple of mistakes I noticed:

"A man that Gimli assumed to Pakron stepped" Assumed to be.

"hinting that he was just as confused the dwarf was..." As confused as.

Thank you for the extensive summary at the end. Having just picked up this story after many months' break, it came in very handy.

Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I KNOW I've read this before. At least in part. Can't remember if I reviewed or not, but I'll rectify that now. It's rather simple, but I think it conveys how stuck I am on this story already:

"This is a most unusual wait to meet. Would you permit to ask what you are doing and why?"

"You speak truly, my friend. I know of no one else who has your power to state the obvious,"

Almost killed me. I laughed so hard. So Legolas and Gimli that I can now dir happy.
Turcote chapter 38 . 1/20/2009
Okay, so I have finally gotten to and read the final chapter. need to finish this story, I beseech you! You seem so close to a conclusion, and you can't just leave it where it is! Please?

Epic story, I've enjoyed every bit of it.
1,254 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »