Reviews for Land of Light and Shadows
Kathy chapter 3 . 12/10/2001
I like how you handled the Gimli/Legolas friendship. It was very good compared to other authors' works..Great writing!
Mutant Horse chapter 2 . 12/8/2001
I cannot believe you just stopped there! I love it, it's great and the whole Legolas and Gimli friendship thing is funny :) My favourite part was when in chapter one he was just about on top of the rafters, very hilarious.
Lasaire chapter 2 . 12/5/2001
Very good job. You have done a nice job in staying true to the characters. Gimli's bantering with Legolas is especially well done. I'm looking forward to seeing how Legolas' longing for the sea progresses.
Ravens Quill chapter 2 . 12/5/2001
This story is great! Don't leave us in suspense.
kezya chapter 2 . 12/5/2001
Hey! I've just finished reading the second chapter of your story and I must say I love it! It's great. You have all the bits right: new and interesting plot, everyone much in character, hilarious Gimli/Legolas scenes. The only flaw I can think of just now is that you focus mainly on them, and you promised Aragorn and Eomer as well! But, apart from that, it's perfect. So, when's the next part coming?
Josafeena chapter 1 . 12/3/2001
THis is
Marcelle1 chapter 2 . 12/2/2001
This is getting really exciting! My heart aches with Legolas' pain, and I feel Gimli wanting to help him, and your use of language is fantastic!
Pachelbel chapter 2 . 12/2/2001
Oh...wow...talent. It's heart wrnching to watch Gimli and Legolas...you have to type faster, I can't stand being stuck with only two chapters. I really miss having my favorites list right now! Would you mind e-mailing me when you update? Please? Pretty, pretty please?
galie chapter 2 . 12/2/2001
This is pobably the best of the LOTR fanfiction I've read. The characters ring true, the plot is clever, and the writing shows a fine talent. The handling of Legolas' sea longing is a new look at what was largely glossed over in the books and is intriguing. Poor fellow, I'm really worried for him.

Now, for complaints - you've dropped us at a horrible cliffhanger-type place, and I want to crawl into the monitor and hunt for the rest of this story! Please, take pity on us and post more soon?

Thanks for a great read,

Galie

p.s. I'm also hoping for another installment on the Carhadras Wars story. That one is great fun

to read! Greedy? Me? Absolutely
Dwimordene chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
I'm really impressed... not that I wasn't before, but just to reiterate, this is shaping up to be a truly excellent story. And I have to congratulate you for your development of Eomer. The poor boy doesn't get much attention and though he's still a secondary, as it were, he's not a prop by any means. I like him fort the contrast he provides to Aragorn: he doesn't have the benefit of Aragorn's upbringing and extensive education in all things Elvish (or Haradric), which makes him very realistic. But he's got a good heart and he's willing to learn.

My only quibble is in line with mercat's, that the ending wasn't really necessary. I'd have preferred to get a glimpse of some of the Haradrim rather than listen to disembodied voices, but it's not a big deal. Looking forward to chapter 3.
IlanaEyeHeir chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Ah! It pains my heart to see Legolas in such pain. No elf as great as he should be tormented by his Sindarin lineage. I weep at the thought of his fair face bearing a look of sorrow. Such pain can kill an elf with grief easily. I fear for his life. Alas for Pince Legolas of Mirkwood! The reason I live...
Katharra chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Amazing. Keep writing. This story has me spellbound.
knightobi chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Another excellent chapter THundertiger! You really have got a great understand of Legolas and Gimli characters and you do great justice to Tolkien's work. I'm so glad that you finally posted and can't wait for the next one. Please tell me that it will not be too long from now.
mercat chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Very nice. I particularly like your evocative descriptions, as well the very natural-sounding formal language used by the characters. It's hard to write Tolkien-esque dialogue, and too many writers come off as either stilted or inappropriately informal. You have the language down perfectly, and as a result everyone is in character and interacting believeably (and in a very interesting fashion!). My one suggestion would be that the very last section is unnecessary - we already know that the leaders of the tribes are unlikely to have invited our heroes to join them out of the goodness of their hearts. Overhearing their sinister plans this early in the game is overkill and, I think, weakens what is otherwise shaping up to be a superb story.

Btw, I hope you have not entirely abandoned your previous story? I very much enjoyed that one - one of the very few I've read that have made me laugh out loud! - and am eager to see it continued ... perhaps eventually we will see how Legolas and Gimli shift from sharp-tongued enmity to gently jousting friendship?

mercat
Dark Eyes chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Another amazing chapter! Woowhoo! Still amazing with the Legolas and Gimli characterisation. (Nb: reviewing isn't my forte)
1,257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 73 80 81 82 83 84 Next »