Reviews for That's What Friends Are For
abandonedaccount47 chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
Wish there was a sequel, this was very cute.
Tropicallight chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
That's nice...
LoverOfAnime1 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Friends should be with you no matter what happens
November Ember chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Super cute and sweet and not rushed. Perfect.
DarkUmbreon21 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
for a first fan fiction it was great!I enjoyed it alot and I really like how you didn't make it that soppy but like a best friend kind of youve made other fanfictions ill be sure to check them out;)
themagebear chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
excellent characterization!
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Right off the bat, I loved Misty’s portrayal. I’m glad you kept our redhead’s resilient personality in check. As this fic says, Misty is not the type of girl to fall apart easily. Her strength (and stubbornness) was quite commendable in this story. Even when given ideal opportunities (with her sisters and Ash) to wallow in rightful grief, Misty remains steadfast. She’s such a strong individual and you exemplified Misty’s admirable personality exceptionally well.

Kudos on this story’s romance being subtle, too. You’re right: after a crushing break-up, it would’ve been a tad inappropriate for Misty to immediately jump headfirst into a relationship with Ash. Trust me, the gentle (unspoken) signs of affection between Misty and Ash more than easily made a Pokeshipper like me smile. In my opinion, full-blown romance probably wouldn’t have worked here, at least without the plot spiraling into idealism. I can’t tell you how refreshing it is for me to read a Pokeshippy fanfic that develops Ash/Misty’s relationship *slowly* (opposed to countless fics where characters inexplicably make-out/have sex barely two minutes after laying eyes on each other). This story’s believability also shines thanks to the superb character portrayals: Misty’s resilience, Gary’s arrogance, Daisy’s guardianship as oldest sister, and Ash’s unconditional support for Misty. Plus, the sparks of playfulness between Ash and Misty were utterly adorable. You handled character personalities and interactions marvelously well in this fic.

But what impressed me the most about this story was how you balanced both dynamics of Ash and Misty’s relationship: “romance” and “friendship” (just as the genre perfectly states). Countless Pokeshippy fics purely emphasize “romance,” or “friendship that becomes romance.” Impressively, even though Ash and Misty harbor feelings for each other in this story, they never once neglect the fact of being “best friends,” either. Plus, they don’t seem to consider themselves boyfriend/girlfriend, yet (and I doubt either are ready for that step just yet, either). But the ending leaves a hopeful message that someday, when Ash and Misty meet again, their friendship might advance to the next step. That hope, packaged in a well-written and well-portrayed story such as this, was more than enough to satisfy my adoration of Pokeshipping. _
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Oh Splendid!

That was charming, beautiful, and just, oh good. I'm gonna go see what other stories you have written.

Absolutely wonderful. Sweet, in character, well developed, great use of the song at the end.

Congrats, that was brilliant!
Lovers Necrosis chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Awesome first attempt. Not even my first was this awesome. I'm surprised that you don't have more reviews for this story. The plotline was awesome. Although, you could've had ash stay a bit longer. And come on, we all know that kisses are overused, but they have their purpose. Anyway, still loved the story. Sayonara.

SantoryuT-
xxFraise chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
That was...really nice. :) I admit I was getting worried, with it primarily being Gary in the beginning, but I like the ending. Espcially that they didn't get together. Even if this was, without a doubt, the longest one-shot I have ever read (9,0 words!) it would just seemed too rushed if they did.

Anyways, again, great job, I'll be sure to check up on you for more stories later. ;)
pikagurl23 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
A terrific first attempt Naranne! I loved how you tied in Misty's emotions/pain and brought Ash into the picture to make it all better! Grammatically, everything was perfect. Plot-wise, everything shined! And I do agree that 'Together Forever' can refer to anyone in the series.

I look forward to seeing more from you and welcome to the community!