Reviews for Sunshine
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
...
Noooo...why you do this to me?
Why you make me have so many L feels? ;_;
I'll go read them...
Slytherin Sadist Angel chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
This. This. This was brilliant. This is L's mindset exactly as I imagine it. I loved it.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I would review the others first, but I don't like having too many tabs open, and if I leave this page I'll forget to come back. *shrugs*

But I solemnly swear I will go review those stories afterwards. And hug someone xD

I love the Hogfather quote (Terry Pratchett, for all his hilarity, has some great philosophical insights sometimes, no?).

This story was beautiful in concept and in realisation. Perfect. Left me somewhat sad (because of where it ended) but does create a feeling of... contentment. Beauty of mind and spirit.

Fabulous

Kate
gillian32 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
really lovely work! i find myself adding all your stories to my list lol. great job!
vhas chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I did read my favorite poem, but I'm a bit busy to do the others. I'll make a list. That was terribly lovely.
AllAboardtheSSVNormandy chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
*glomp* Bialy-sama!

You win epik cookiez for this! :D It's... It's... freaking... BEAUTIFUL! *weeps tears of joy*
keem chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
i'm glad you're writing more L as of late, because you're so excellent at. i especially love your insight into his childhood - and the idea of L believing in *magic*. i think it's an interesting twist to a character who is so logical and scientific. instead of offering a contrast, it compliments it. L is rather child-like after all, with his childish beliefs (the good guys always win, anyway?), and now, the belief in the not always believable.

excellent fic :D and merry christmas!
aflaskj chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
That was really cute, and I love how you incorporated the Hogfather quotes. The ending got me, so simple and sad. Your descriptions are lovely. Nice job! :)

P.S. I hugged my computer and then scared the living day lights out of my sister by attempting to hug her. Does that count? :P
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Sorry about the Oxford rejection!

But if I may be permitted to say something that I say to you a great deal, this is an amazing story. This one is very honoured to think that she at all influenced this, because is it so amazing.

First of all, the idea of Little!Unnamed!L in an overcute is so cute and makes me want to pixel doll.

And still he is L, because you've kept the spirit here.

"When they come away, they are wet. He rubs them together, frowning, curious. He is too little, too young, too unformed to know what everything in the world means. But somewhere in him, he can feel it – feel all the knowledge on Earth, feel everything that can be known waiting to be known.

He wants to know it.

It’s in his bones, in his flesh – like knowing how to breathe, knowing how to turn that first, cold, shuddering breath into a rising wail. It’s instinct. All the knowing in the world is bound up inside him, waiting for its strange birthing, its own first cry, and the moment where potential meets its trigger and explodes."

That is a really neat bit there, it's just magical.

The Christmassy factor is really cool. I don't recall seeing very many L-Christmas fics, although it's possible I missed it because I get fed up and don't go through it all.

L is loner-ish and would sit by himself when he had the option not to, so that's quite a good characterization, and one doesn't expect him to be outside even as a child, so that twist makes it even better.

I love the description of the magic, and I love the idea that L believes in magic because it's so tragically beautiful for some reason. And the last couples lines were so melancholy and perfect.

Perfect job, as always!
Saros chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
I really love winter. And snow. I love thin crispy crust of ice over snow beautifully shining under scanty electric lighting in the mornings, a rare luxury in my polluted city... Wah, private details off. But how true it is: "the sun on the snow works strange", and in the finest sense of the word. Charming innocence of little L (little Buddah:) touched me. Greatly.

I love this story, one a bit early but yet a wonderful Xmas present; the dreamy moments it gave me tonight, and, if you don't mind...

() you, too, dear. Merry Christmas.
Crymson Rose chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
wow... very insightful and poetic. keep up the good work.