Reviews for When They are Wrong
Isobel chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
LOL! Nice story, very funny peek at them weird Victorian mores, and an unconventional use of Holmes' observation skills :D

I've got to admit though, that this seems a bit OOC for Watson. Not his mannerisms or anything, that was very well-done, it's just that I can't imagine a guy who was a young officer in the military and who had the balls to wink and nudge in a public magazine about his having experience with women across three continents would be so prudish ;) It would probably be more believable if Mary was the one who was anxious (women had this stuff drummed into their heads a lot harder, unfortunately), and Watson was just concerned about how to ease her mind. BUT now that sounds like me talking about what your story should've done, so ignore that if you wish :)
bemj11 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I seem to have discovered a new favorite author on this site. :)
Stina chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Sometimes I wonder what will give people more angst about sex - to be told nothing at all about it except it is grudgingly allowed between a married couple, or to be told a lot, every day, in magazines and TV, how to have perfect sex, look perfect and get the perfect partner... I think we are just as neurotic about sex now, only in another way. If the Watsons could talk to each other and be open, they could do whatever they felt like in bed and be happy, without cosmopolitan or playboy telling them what they should desire.

Nice little story. Wasn't the Victorian era famous for its double standards - as long as the facade was perfect, you could talk dirty or do whatever in private? Who knows how Holmes, Watson or Mary really talked when in private... things that Watson of course never would have published in his stories.

Sorry. Perhaps my mind is dirtier than yours. I just wanted to reassure you that your story is very tasteful and quite realistic. Thank you for writing!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Gosh that last line is pure gold. I am reviewing this again now that I am a member. I really think you handled this quite tastefully and that it was a very nice little piece of writing. It was thoroughly in character I thought. Well done.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Very tasteful and that last line was pure gold. I won't deny that I would love someone to tell my husband that. When I'm married that is. I promise I'm a strong Bible believing Christian so I won't be doing it before I'm married.
xravenscroftx chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
This was tastefully done, indeed. :) and rather cute, as others have said. Great job keeping it both IC and historically accurate!
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
What an odd conversation. I have to say.. I've never thought of such a thing ever in my life. And I've pondered over many a situation. Well researched, I suppose, knowing you. Well done.
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
*blinks* well, this was rather... vague. obvious what you mean, given your A/N, and Holmes is by no means a stranger to obscure commentary, but Watson might have thrown a few clues our way earlier on. there are those who might not have had any idea what this was about were it not for the A/N and the reviews _()
emmypf chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
God they were prudes back then weren't they? Couldn't show human or even furniture legs and ankels. It'd be interesting to know what they would think of us now having full on sex scenes in movies and wearing short shorts! I thought the story was good and i doubt Sherlock is a virgin cause he's never been married or in love. I know what it feels like to not want to post something cause you're worried what people will think. Good one!
Random girl waves chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
*snorts* ah honey, no need to be worried. Thing is if you don't offend someone, then you haven't really written anything worth reading right? Any ways, I think you rated this a little to high... this is more T then M. I like your Holmes though, most people write him as being bitter towards Mary, I quite enjoyed seeing a Holmes that seemed fond of Mary.
Volume-Of-A-book chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
he he he! difficult subject to talk about let alone write about, but you did a wonderful job, very true to form actually, and really, Holmes is right. Watson is a sweetie pie, and that's all there is to it.
KCS chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Geez, and with that attitude the Metropolitan Police wondered why they had such an enormous prostitute problem. Ridiculous.

You tackled the sensitive subject /very/ well, not just from a proper viewpoint but also a proper Victorian one. And the ending was very cute.

I think it could be a little longer, unless you were purposely trying to just do a short snapshot; it sort of picks up in the air and is rather oblique. Like for instance, I was wondering how Holmes knew what he was talking about because it just goes right into the dialogue there; it says he deduced it, but not how.

But anyhow, the ending was adorable and it's good that Watson can talk to someone who knows more about human nature than his so-called medico expert counterparts. Bravo!
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
well, i was dragged out of my boredom to read this because someone mentioned the hot-button word.

interesting and worthy subject. i wish the story had more substance though. by tht i mean, it seems to pick up right out of thin air and leave us confused. but your A/N clears it up well enough. maybe revise it a little to make it clearer?

and brava for tackling a sensitive subject tastefully.
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Aww, poor Watson.

I knew this little bit of information, but never really connected it to Watson & Mary.

You know, that view of the matter actually led to higher amounts of adultery and prostitution? It's sad... The husbands and wives didn't think they could enjoy each other properly and turned to underhanded, evil things...*shakes head*

I'm glad Holmes could help ease his mind. :)

lol...I'm actually giving a long review and it's on something random like this. XD
dragon chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Aw, don't worry. It was very tastefully done :) I'll bet that Sherlock Holmes would have agreed with your opinion of his opinions!