Reviews for Patchwork Wishes
Love2read23 chapter 21 . 3/4
Maybe label this an omake because I wanted a real random moment in their happy lives.
I don't like Ms. Smythe. I don't think any good could come from her being part of their lives. She seems like a dreadful woman that delusional and Severus definitely deserves someone who can make him happy.
Love2read23 chapter 20 . 3/4
Okay so I would usually rather bash Dumbledore for leaving Harry and for his manipulative ways but this was really good. I'm glad that they were all brought together. I'm glad he's so found of them.
Is Sev going to move in with them now?
Are they going to move somewhere far away from Little Whinging?
Is Sev going to take a real sabbatical?
Will Sirius pay him back for all the charges for Harry's London trip?
Will Severus get those ingredients again and cure the Longbottoms?
Because if Lily and James have more children then they need more godparents.
I'm glad that Severus realized that he and Lily would be bad together but that he could still be part of the family.
Thank you for much for writing this. I cried so much when Harry felt unloved and it took so long for someone to put to rest all his fears but i love happy endings. Thank you!
Love2read23 chapter 19 . 3/3
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally! Everything is out in the open and all of Harry's fears are put to rest and all the misunderstandings are clarified and everyone is on the same page and getting the love and hugs they need.
Thank you!
I love that the cupboard doesn't exist anymore.
Love2read23 chapter 5 . 2/29
Oh my gosh! I am sobbing! My heart is breaking for little Harry. I don't understand how Remus was so perspective as a teacher to figure out how Harry was feeling and now there's four adults and they're all missing how Harry is. They should have checked on him and talked to him and figured out it well before this. They're all a bunch of idiots and Harry is paying paying for it. I even feel bad for Snape having to pay all that money and all his ingredients that could have helped a lot of people for Sirius' thoughtless prank. And he told Lily he was sorry what he had done but just the day before he signed Snape's name. He hasn't changed. I just want everything to be better. I don't want the next chapter to start with Dudley sitting on Harry but it probably will.
Love2read23 chapter 3 . 2/28
Oh my gosh! I love this work! I can't believe that the Potters still live near the Dursleys. I'm glad that was explained but I hope they get out of there super fast because Harry deserves to be loved and he can't do that with Dudley harassing him at school and home. Thank you for writing.
Love2read23 chapter 2 . 2/28
Oh my gosh! Thank you! I'm crying this is so beautiful!
Love2read23 chapter 1 . 2/28
This is wonderful! I thought this was a one shot then I just saw there's 21 chapters. I'm so excited. I wish Arabella would take Harry away from the Dursleys. He deserves better! Thank you for writing!
Azure Shine chapter 2 . 12/15/2019
I glad james realize he and marauder is bully. and I thought he surprise coz harry, little boy but want to die?! so sad!
gginsc chapter 4 . 12/1/2019
This started off real good but is very annoying now. It is too repetitive and James and Lily are idiots. Why haven't they returned to the wizarding world? Every chapter starts with Dudley flattening Harry! Is Lily really so stupid she still believes her so called family are sweet people?
gginsc chapter 3 . 12/1/2019
James and Lily are really stupid.
Rune11 chapter 6 . 10/29/2019
Well written and I liked the initial chapters but the never ending misunderstandings and overall depressing events for Harry make this far too “Lemony Snicket” for me. As of chapt 6 there seems to be no real reason why Lily & James don’t take Harry and return to the magical world instead of living in poverty and requiring the Dursleys to sign over their own son. I see that there are many, many more chapters, and from other reviews they may be as depressing as the last few, so I plan on skipping to the end.
tediuminahamsterball chapter 2 . 6/21/2019
Hidden Gem!
RandomGerman chapter 20 . 2/19/2019
Love the story, thanks for sharing
TwistingHope chapter 20 . 1/3/2019
...I...honestly have no idea how to start this or what to say. This story was...well, wow. I don't know. Intense, maybe? Certainly emotional and full of angst, that's for sure.

I'm not gonna lie. At times I was just so frustrated with the characters and their actions, and I was hoping so bad that everything would be set to rights. But conflict after conflict kept happening, and nothing was resolved-instead, things became even worse and Harry was feeling distant and alone more than ever. I kept thinking, couldn't he ever catch a break? And I sometimes stopped reading this story because I just couldn't take it.

I didn't feel this way throughout the entire story. The first 4 chapters had me on the edge of my seat, and they were so amazing and satisfying- I especially loved Sirius' chapter! It was after Harry started believing that they would take him back to Privet Drive and it stayed like that until the end. Harry wanting to prove himself, looking after the egg because he believed with his entire being that if he didn't, his family would throw him back in that cupboard, asking Snape for potential and trying his hardest to do as he said, getting blamed/in trouble because of Dudley… (my heart just about broke when Harry thought he had to be like Dudley and all the things he forced himself to do just to gain his parents love and approval), it all became too much sometimes. Just when Harry gets a family, a real family who loved him so much, who would do anything to see him smile, all this tension and misunderstanding arose and I couldn't see an end to Harry's misery.

But, thank god it all became all right in the end and Harry finally believed that his family would never leave him with the Dursleys no matter what happened, and that he was really wanted and loved. It still brings tears to my eyes when I picture Harry and James kneeling on the ground at the house in Privet Drive, James looking in Harry's eyes and proclaiming over and over again that Harry was his son, his and Lily's son, no matter what might happen between them. Because they were all a family, and family always loved each other. You have no idea how relieved and glad I was that Harry finally found a family that would love him unconditionally. That kid more than deserved a happy ending after all those hard and lonely times he had to go through. God, he was so brave.
csheila chapter 20 . 12/31/2018