Reviews for Soulworld IV
Angellufy chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
I don't have words to express how incredible this fic is, except it is everything season 8 of Buffy should have been.
GuesssWho chapter 2 . 1/22/2013
I recognize Delirium/Delight and Leland Gaunt. Who are the others?
Reader chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
The Soulworld stories are fantastic. I have loved every one of them. They have intriguing plots, great character development and are incredibly well written. Since I first stumbled upon them, i have read each story several times and still find them a joy to read. In this story in particular, I loved your explanations for Heaven and Hell (it is the best idea and presentation that I have seen of this concept ever) and I love how humans (and souled vampires and spirits) were able to triumph over both. You tackle complex theological issues beautifully, write beautiful romance, and tell epic stories(I also particularly loved the brilliant, thoughtful discussion of mortality and immortality in Soulworld III). You present a very well-crafted, intricate world in this whole series with great attention to the little details that really give it a life of its own. A fantastic literary work!

Also, The "book excerpts" were cute and the bit about the librarian at the end was a nice touch.
ashes at midnight chapter 2 . 4/20/2010
i loved this. So sad to see the rest of the AI team and the scoobys are gone now, so sad when Wes died. Loved the inclusion of Buffy's wings, and the fight between heaven and hell was just perfect!
PaulBlay chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
I've liked the Soulworld series so far, but this one in particular is outstanding. The Hell / Heaven confrontation and resolution is reminiscent of Michael Moorcock's work with Chaos and Order (although not by any means a copy of that).
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 5/2/2009
Eep.

Now THAT was far from pretty (Cool as anything, don’t get me wrong, but still terrifying).

The sheer scale of the crisis alone would have won you points, but the fact that ANGEL was responsible for it- albeit indirectly- added in that extra complicated personal twist to the central crisis that made the plot that much more dramatic.

And as for your thoughts about the NATURE of Heaven and Hell, with them being shaped almost by what we EXPECT to happen…

Intriguing thoughts, when you get down to it; congratulations for giving us something to THINK about as well as just something to enjoy reading.

Of course, the final battle had its cool moments as well; Angel managing to summon the strength to defeat the demon who tortured his soul during its previous time in Hell alone had its merits, but Buffy ‘inheriting’ an angel’s powers was a particularly interesting twist.

In the end, however, my favourite scene was simple; Wesley’s reunion with Kendra.

Unable to forgive himself for so many years for not being able to find another way, he’s finally assured by the one person he REALLY needed to hear it from that there was nothing else he could have done to save her beyond what he did at the time.

All in all, a very interesting blend of spiritual conflict and personal exploration of the nature of belief; keep up the EXCEPTIONAL work!
CPAnthoni chapter 2 . 7/16/2002
FANTASTIC! I especially loved the ending hints as to who the Librarian really is. I do wish Spike had gotten a chance to meet Dru again, though, although I know you can't explore every tangent.
Raine chapter 2 . 12/5/2001
you have an amazing capacity for telling a wonderful story..
Anon chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
Amazing story
Shirlz chapter 2 . 12/5/2001
Powerful, different, extremely compelling. Theidea of us being pawns in a cosmic game...

You have an amazing talent...never stop writing!
Dorian Slater chapter 2 . 12/3/2001
Oh, my God. That was astounding! Such wonderfully woven passages and defintions! I hope that this was not the final story of the Soulworld saga!
Cici chapter 2 . 12/1/2001
Wow this is incredible please continue soon.
Cassie Lee chapter 2 . 11/29/2001
Luved it! That was really great! You must have put so much work into that.
alisa chapter 2 . 11/28/2001
wow, that was complicated. at first it was confusing, especially since it was so far into the future (i did read your other soulworld fics-i thought they wonderful, and i was a bit surprised at how different this one was from the other three). but, i eventually settled into the storyline and i found it very interesting, namely the conceptions of hell and the angels. the last few paragraphs hold me to believe that perhaps this is not the last of this series, hopefully? eh?