Reviews for The Light and The Dark
Miss Owl 12 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Wow! This is...words cannot describe! I almost cried, at work...yeah, my friend is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Very, very touching. Definitely answers a lot of my questions.

You're an amazing writer!
melj28 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
hm. i still hate her. but i love your story.
bledsoe09 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
*sniff sniff*
marineblau chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
ahh! youu!

youu just made me love the

stoory eveen more!

oh maan, poor Edward's mother...

I almost cried xD.. ALMOST xD

I wonder what Elizabeth would do

is she knows that all her sacrifices

just make her Light into a deep whole

of pain and angst... :(

please! they need to see each other

What would Edward say?

What would she say?

This story, well this One-shot

was so amazing! They need to meet!

Elizabeth must know, that indeed he grew

into a dazzling young man :(

Okay I'll stop bitching xD Just... they need to

see each other! :(
Hollibell chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
You know what? You are a freaking amazing author! That was amazing. I find myself wondering what she would have done had she known how Edward was really doing. My heart is aching for both of them, but much more for Edward as a lost lonely boy believing himself a monster because his mother sent him away, believing that she blamed him for his father's death. I could ball my eyes out right now if I were here all alone. Again, you are a fucking amazing writer that you could make a reader feel all these things about characters that don't even exist. I am beginning to wonder if you are inspired by events in your own life. And I am going to stop now, because I think this is the longest, sappiest review I have ever written. I don't even have to heart to lighten it with a "lol". You fucking rock!
Heartless Moon chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
this makes me see elizebeth so differently. before i was angry at her for sending edward away. i thought she was doing it because she belived that it was edwards fault that his father died. now i kno it was a sacrifice for her too. she thought she was doing a good thing.
JoVersify chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Excellent character insight! So freaking sad.

I wonder if Edward will ever see her again? If she'll drink herself to death before that ever happens, or if she'll seek him out eventually? or if he'll seek her out? I hope Wide Awake ends up being like 163 chapters...cuz I will NEVER tire of this story...EVER.

GAH. Just so freaking awesome.

XOXO

~JO~
Tessrenee chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Oh...

I'm crying serious tears right now. I feel so sad for this woman for the lose of her husband, her sanity, and her son.

I hope you can reconcile them someway... just let me know when that happens so I can have more than a half a box of tissues handy.

Thank you for writing.
un aveugle chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I feel rather stupid for before not guessing that Elizabeth doesn't blame Edward for the fire and that he only interpreted her behaviour as blame and hate. As any real 9 year old would.

It is so real and truthful I was surprised. But it's good too. Though can I ask how Elizabeth supports herself? If you could call how she lives that... but even alcohol and mouldy pillows cost money. Please don't take this as real criticism; I’m just curious as to what you'll say.
Helluo Librorum chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Hot-damn. You made me fucking cry, woman!

Liquor makes you do things you shouldn't, that's for damn sure. I only wish Elizabeth would have realized that sooner. A big part of me was screaming "you should see the mess he's dealing with now because of you!" at her the entire piece, but I can see why she did what she did. Her heart was in the right place, even if she DID end up screwing with her son's head in a royally craptastic, horrendous way.

This was a really interesting little ditty; it DID answer some questions for me. And making "Darkness" and "Light" entities instead of just concepts were a nice touch, even if it gave me a slightly Star Wars-ish feeling about the whole thing. But that's probably just my inner Star Wars freak complaining about being ignored in favor of the much more vocal, active, Twilight freak part of me. *blinks* Great job ... I can't get enough of your style.

~~*Helluo Librorum
jamiebaker68 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
wow, that was great, i waited to read this because i thought, she was a monster and that she blamed him for his fathers death, which kinda made me mad. But after reading this i feel sorry for her. its funny what you think is the best for your kids. i have 3 kids myself and i can't even think of what i would do. i cryed thru this and it was well written. i know i have said this many times before, but you are a incredible writter keep it up and thank you for giveing us a glimps of your talant.
One Lonely Marauder chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Oh... oh dear, I got chills and started to cry - here at work.. really? yeah...

*wipes eyes*

That totally TOTALLY changes my perspective on his mother - here I was on ready and willing to charging in and looking for the horrible woman, but now...

Now all I want to do is find her and hug her and tell her everything's going to be ok..Gah

Once again you shine so brightly - You are truly an inspiration to a struggling writer..
iaminlovewithcoffee chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Damn. That totally changed my view on Elizabeth. I feel for her now, instead of just hating her for abandoning Edward. This was a very, very, good one-shot. I understand her now. So, thank you for writing this! -
FivebyFive89 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Wow...I haven't slept properly in a long time, so I lacked the concentration to read this properly, but still, it was brilliant! Insanely saddening, but wonderfully written :(

I love the Light and Dark thing, it was a great idea and worked really well, and I could really feel that these were the thoughts of someone whose...lost everything, and is slipping.
A Cullen Wannabe chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Wow...this was really good. You really do have a gift for descriptive imagery and it definitely sheds a whole new light on Elizabeth's actions. If only Edward could know the truth behind her intentions! Makes you want to cry. Also I read your WA author's note. I'm sorry that people have been hounding you like that. I wonder how many of them are actually trying to write something of thier own or if they're just reading everyone else's stuff and commenting without attempting to write on thier own. It takes a while sometimes to get it just right and I'm sorry they've been bugging you about updates. I really do enjoy your story and I look forward to reading more! In the mean time I'm Anxiously yet PATIENTLY awaiting future updates!
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »