Reviews for The Light and The Dark
Erulisse Saerwen chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
It's really, really sad.. Now I can understand Elizabeth so well..! She did what she thought I would be best for him..!

It's amazing.. And your skills in writing are.. WOW..! Also, Wide Awake is amazing.. ;) Awesome Job..!
HeatherT chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
God that is so incredibly depressing! That had to be so hard to write. It was heartbreaking to read!
sml6446 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
So I just finished reading ch 44 of Wide Awake when I noticed you mention this one shot. It def shows Elizabeth's modivation.

This story has been building and building and it all came crashing down for me in ch 44. I wept like a baby! Fur realz. I cried to this chapter more than the entire Twilight books. I have no words to describe your writing... just efing awesome. Thank you for your hard work.

Stephanie
latour chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
very very sad
zpismyec chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
Thank you so much for this! Absolutely amazing and heart wrenching. Miss your writting. Please write more, can't wait for the epi to WA.
loulouau chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
You did really well explaining the reasons why she let Edward go. Most people would never understand the reasons that someone could leave their child
deenerneener chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Sad sad sad. Love it. It hurts my heart in the best possible way.

(I know you finished this 11 months ago, but I just started reading Wide Awake yesterday morning, and have been 'wide awake' ever since. I got to Chapter 44 about 15 minutes ago and read this, for its insight into Elizabeth Masen's character and motivations, before Edward heads to Chicago to confront her in Chapter 45 of WA.

I feel rather guilty that I haven't been reviewing WA chapter by chapter as is my wont, but I'm an LJ retard and don't really know how to do it there. I didn't even know until yesterday that there were updates past Chapter 42, and that the story basically moved to that other forum.

I'll say here, and try to figure out how to say somewhere directly in reference to Wide Awake, that now I understand just why Wide Awake is one of the be-all, end-all stories in fanfic. It has rapidly taken its place among my all-time favorites, along with Poughkeepsie, especially (my other very favorite dark, dangerous and angst-ridden story), and (among the more light-hearted stories), Mr. Horrible and Art After 5.

Thank you for this outtake, for the Light it sheds on Edward's mother's actions. Rather significantly changed my view of the tragic fire.
gempire chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Oh my. Such a beautiful written insight into the mind of this broken women. I'm in tears at the moment, her reasons seem so reasonable, she just wanted him to have a better life, if only she could have voiced them better to Edward. I'm so gald I took the time to read this now, it was amazing. You are my faveourite writer of fanfic by a long way.

Just amazing!

Gemma x
AgentRetard chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This really cleared up a lot. When I read Wide Awake, I kind of got mixed messages. Bella was saying how cruel Elizibeth was, but Edward was saying that actually, she's right. She was never a saint in his mind but she deserved to get rid of him if she wanted, right?

To be honest, I think they were both being idiots. She doesn't see that if Edward has no parents or anyhting to bound him to the happier life, he'll never really be happy.

He doesn't see that it isn't his fault, and Elizibeth does want him. *sigh*

P.S sorry, I tend to tell authors what they already know in reviews. I don't mean to be rude it's just the way I roll...
SailorV911 chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I knew her reasons, while stupid, still had that logic behind it. I figured she was too depressed to "properly" take care of Edward. So sad, wait til he sees her like this. THAT is really gonna break his heart.
mugglemom08 chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
I've been reading "Wide Awake" non-stop for the past few days on livejournal. I haven't reviewed there yet (not entirely sure why-forgive me?), but had to comment on this outtake.

I've spent the whole time hating Elizabeth for what she did to Edward. It never once occurred to me that she wasn't blaming him for his father's death. Not once. I've been sitting here asking myself why, and I think it's because she didn't say good-bye to him or try to explain why she was giving him up. I'm so glad you wrote this; now I'm off to livejournal to continue WA (hands-down, one of the most fuckawesome pieces of fanfic EVER; your Darkward is like a younger version of the Darkward/Tattward in hunterhunting's "Clipped Wings and Inked Armour").
Emmii chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
I cried at the end... And I hate her so much. How could she? Even though it's fiction, but I hate Elizabeth so much for doing what she did. Nothing justify it. NOTHING.
stillsingininrain chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
I love wide awake. You rock.
justPROMISE chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Aw :( Now I feel kind of sorry for Elizabeth :(

She still hurt Edward though so grr to her :P

I love Wide Awake and I can't wait for the amazing Epilouge :D

I thinking of getting a Wide Awake Hoodie made... :P Hood Up Head Down, with a cat on :P

x

xhiddenvampirex
greeneyedgirly chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
I love this Elizabeth POV...you wrote it so well as everything you do! I'm glad that it was much like I assumed it would be in that she didn't actually want to give him up as much as she felt she needed to in order for him to have a happy life. Still with that said, she did take the chicken way out of it, as a mother I could never imagine giving up my child under any circumstance but I also know that everyone is different.
312 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »