Reviews for The Light and The Dark
Te Amo Emmett chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
WOW that was great i love youre story Wide Awake! it is my fav fanfic and this was just amazing you should update wide awake on live journal soon because its been awhile... you should als update Gemini & Gypsies too thats also a good story so yeah keep up the good work and plz update soon :)
MagicBliss chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This chapter was so helpful in understanding Elizabeth's side of the story and understanding what happened. Not that I condone her actions, but I understand them better now. It also makes me sad that she doesn't know what she did to him. That she doesn't know that he thinks about her every day also. If she only knew...
chiquitin517 chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow, this made me really sad. I read it after I've read all you have of Wide Awake. It's really a great tie-in to that story. Just very sad, when you see Elizabeth's sacrifice and hopes, and then see how it actually turned out for Edward. Great job portraying that. I like what you did with "Darkness" and "Light". I think you got the impact you were going for with that concept. Are you still updating on WA? How but G&G? I really got in to them and have been checking for updates compulsively, just like to know if I'm wasting my time. Thanks for sharing your stories.
aeolist chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow, this is so sad. I'm still crying and sobbing like an sobbing like a fool. this really touched me. just amazing... you are an amazing writer and I reealy hope you update wide awake soon... I need to know how it ends ! love you and your writing :)
MightyBooshLove chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I really loved this point of view. Although you said that it was not absolutely necessary to read, I rushed over and did so. Once you get to reading this, you get an idea of what her exact motives and feelings where for giving up Edward. I am off to read the next chapter. I will have you know that I am putting of homework in order to keep reading. Agh! Haha. On a small seperate note, I wanted to suggest "Patience" by Take That and "Guardian Angel" by the Red Jumpsuit Apartatus (one with a more obvius reason) as songs that reminded me of the story so far. I'm not quite sure if you have them on your playlist, but there you have it. Thanks so much for posting.

•Chelsea
marykat chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
great insight into Elizabeth's psyche...awesome :)

fav lines:

-Time was unfriendly and increasingly senseless to keep.

-It was meant for the living, wasn't it?

-Pity and denial were oddly similar in that way.

-He gave me life and shone Light into the Dark void I hadn’t even known existed.
rameau chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I figured out that she might think of herself to be too broken to take care of her child, but still that doesn't justify her choice and actions. It just helps to understand her point of view.

As lucky as Elizabeth was to find her true love at the age of eighteen, she was too young, too inexperienced to face when that happiness ended. I can't help but think that had she been a little older, she could have been able to process what happened differently. Still caring for her son, without neglecting herself and her own recovery.

And to be honest, that's the bit that scares me in Wide Awake. I'd hate to comment before finishing reading the story since I'm still in chapter 37, and I don't know if you've addressed the matter, but in it Bella and Edward are too codependent on each other. Sure they help each other heal which is something no one else could do to them, but I'm still (it's too early at the point where I'm reading but still) waiting them to sleep a good nights sleep apart from each other. If that's possible. If they can't reach that point, all they have are fleeting moments.

Better shut up now and just read and find out.

P.S. I hope you appreciate the fact that this non-native-English speaker has spent three nights reading your work.
Team66fan chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Such a heart wrenching story. You wrote it so eloquently and really feel for both Edward and his mother. You have to wonder that if she did stay and express her grief, Edward wouldn't have blamed himself for leaving
Avaleigh1 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
This is powerful. Your characters have so many dimensions. It is truly unbelivable. Your writing makes me awestruck and I grasp at words trying to express the emotion that you have ignited in me. You make me a blithering idiot. Thank you.
BernieR chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Wow, another amazingly great story!

It really opens my eyes as to why she sent Edward away. I feel bad for her, cause I now know she did it with a good reason, but I'm also still a little mad at her cause is only seemed to really fuck him up. She should have written him a letter and sent it with him, for him to read on his 16tyh birthday or something. Idk, I just want everything to be all ok again, lol!
saraamin chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
gosh this broke my fucking heart i knew it wasnt edwards fault i knew it wasnt elisabeths fault it was just wht it was dont know if it called fate or shit...

good goddness im fucking crying and sobing so hard to read this bite of information of his mother

from perfection to disfection, from happiness to distroy to fall to endlessness of darkness god what a life she must suffer during this eight nine years of alcohol and loneleness of darkness of hatered of pain

thank you for sharing this bite of information this pov with us so that we dont jugde her unfair...
vampiregirl1654 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
That's really sad :( I always thought that Edward's mother hated him. I feel bad for her actually. Poor Edward! Very well written!
azndrumergrl chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This was absolutely heart wrenching. I'm on the verge of tears. She only wanted to do what was best for Edward... if only she saw him now and how it's affected him; I don't think she'd be able to live with herself [ It's so sad. I'm glad I read this, I have a better understanding now.

You're wicked talented. ;D
OliviaJane chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I have a feeling if she found out how much pain she's cause Edward her hesitation towards suicide would come to an immediately. I don't think she could live with herself knowing the pain he's endored. :(
Dollybigmomma chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Poor thing. Coward. Victim. Selfish. What do you call a parent who folds in on themselves in the face of tragedy with need and responsibility still weighing on them? Hard to say. This story is so amazing, I can't even begin to put into words what brain crack it is for me. I need a fix as soon as you can whip one up!
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »