Reviews for Faith
Adrianna Teshi chapter 3 . 3/19/2011
Ok,here goes. Normally, I don't make reviews. To my shame, I'm usually either too lazy, or I'm on the way out the door, when I'm finishing a story, or chapter, and forget when I get home. I find however, that I really enjoy your character "Sam", her mix of snark, childishness and maturity really work well to counter The Doctor's rather manic personality. Have you ever thought of pairing her with another Doctor? I know that previous ones would be a bit tricky, but I think weasleing her in with Susan and One, or with Nine (Eccleston is SO underrated as a Doctor! And she would do a good job, I think, of slapping some of his more irritating self sacrifice ideas right out of his head.)would be interesting.

Also, I really enjoyed how you were able to incorporate the themes from "Merry Christmas" (fanTAStic movie, by the way) into this piece. It was a very good choice and meshed very well with the point that you were making. (I found it most interesting, that the superior officer of the German troops, was Jewish, but he still agreed to the cease-fire, and was very wrapped up in the Christmas Service given by the priest. This only added to my appreciation for how you incorporated it.)

Thanks for a great read!

Addie
Charlizard chapter 3 . 12/28/2010
u made me cry
Commander Ael chapter 3 . 8/4/2010
Aw... :P

And the minute you mentioned battle field, I knew that was going to happen. It is *not* just another day to some of them...wish people would do things like that nowadays... Heh heh. Rude-and-not-ginger got hit with a rolling pin! Amazing.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Ok, I pushed the review button. Now what?
Aw...I would've really liked to see Harry punch the Doctor out for dragging his niece all over the universe.
Keep writing!
BellsAndRoses chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Fantastic story! I love the relationship shown between the Doctor and Sam. I found the ending interesting, when her brother were in the Tardis, the Doctor must be going soft on his domestic-free-Tardis rule. :)
timano chapter 3 . 3/11/2009
Excellent story! I only wish I'd found it in time for December...

The Eighth Doctor/Sam Jones has always been one of my favorite Doctor/Companion duos. Even though we only met them in books. (In fact, I liked her better than any other EDA companion he had, and I was horrified by the way they treated her character in GALLIFREY CHRONICLES! (Yes, the Doctor always moves on, but that went a bit far! Notice I'm avoiding spoilers in the above. ;-) )

10 out of 10 stars. And now, someone needs to write a story resurrecting Sam... Maybe I'll do that one, when I finally get around to writing a story of my own...
Sailor-TimeLord chapter 3 . 2/12/2009
I liked the story. Especially the Christmas truce bit. I had seen the movie Joyeux Noel last week. So I almost got excited.
Otter Child chapter 3 . 1/10/2009
Oh, very merry. And poor Doctor! A rolling pin! OW!
Laura Harkness chapter 3 . 12/26/2008
HAH! what an ending!

so... right. a lovely last chapter to a wonderful christmas story. i was crying through the first four and a half paragraphs and then smiled hugely at this line:

"A skinny, rude, hyperactive alien with no fashion sense and far too much fascination with hair gel"

and then i laughed out loud at this one:

"Bloody irritating alien twat."

there is a lot i could say here but it would probably be boring. however, you do peg the loneliness very well indeed (hence my tears). christmas is the one holiday that seems to have the unique ability to be incredibly sad as well as incredibly joyful - all depending on how things are with one's family - a totally externally driven thing. no matter how you are inside, the outside can come down on you like a ton of brickes.

i'm glad the doctor agreed to accompany sam. i was worried he wouldn't knowing how he sometimes feels about domestic situations. again, his humanity shines and his wisdom is astonishing.

and now, various abrasive cleaning chemicals and sponges are calling to me...
Laura Harkness chapter 2 . 12/25/2008
a christmas gift! one more chapter! i'm thrilled!

and im up wrapping gifts for the birds and cats. you bet they know it is a special day!

you were right, i didn't have the slightest clue where he'd taken her. gosh i love a surprise. and isn't that just marvelous! but i know what you write about is actually true because i think i've read about it before, the carols across enemy lines...

"While we breathe, we hope."

i'll be honest. i did think yesterday that perhaps you should've ended it with chapter one. the first installment is so very brilliant. and for me there's something wonderful about leaving your audience to wonder... but now i have totally changed my mind. i want more (but then i always do of your stories!), and am imagining what will happen next.

the last line of chapter two is so beautiful...

btw, my mom's mother, who was German, used to sing her grandchildren 'Stille Nacht' on Christmas Eve while she played away on the organ...

finally, funny but somehow in this little short chapter you have made the doctor more human than i think i've ever known him to be. THAT is a gift worth cherishing.
Sunfall E chapter 2 . 12/24/2008
Lovely story. Merry Christmas!
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
oh! i do love a good cliff-hanger ending like this which causes me to wonder and imagine. of course i think i know where they are, but am i right? i'm sure whatever you do will be better than what i'm visualizing right now!

this is lovely and beautifully written. you did a bit of nice research here (at least it seems that way to me) but it is unobtrusively included, and i really really like that. i like it when people put effort into what they do (you can tell can't you?). and i like learning things like i do here.

i also wanted to give you kudos on the style. to me it has a sort of austere, simple aspect to it (this is NOT a criticsm, btw, the style seems totally appropriate!) that i really appreciate.

can't wait for part two.