Reviews for Assorted Flavors
Amethyst Beloved chapter 14 . 10/17
I know that you didn't intentionally end your fic at the Jimmy/Sean crackship, but it happens to be a fitting conclusion of sorts to this series. I can image their secret seventh grade affair so vividly that now I can't believe that it isn't canon. I love how this moment fits so perfectly in the timeline and how it was the shooting that marked the turning point that would allow them to talk again. Great one-shot and great fic!
Amethyst Beloved chapter 13 . 10/6
As much as I despise smoking in real life, there's just something so sexy about shotgunning in fanfics. I never realized how much Sean and Alex had in common because despite being in the same friend group, they had very different trajectories relationship-wise. I'm glad that you wrote this one!
Amethyst Beloved chapter 12 . 9/25
I had this tab opened on my iPod's browser for such a long time but I never came back to read it until today. A part of me didn't want this series to end but another part of me wasn't too eager to read Adam in an in-Adam way since you wrote it before he had his relationship with Fiona. That being said, I really liked what you did here with Adam being Fiona's rock. That's what she needed all along.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 11 . 3/20
I love the way that you made Sean and Paige's down low secret affair work seemlessly with canon. Paige was always one to tackle a challenge and though Sean wasn't the type of guy that she would show off as arm candy, at least he was good to her in your fic. The contrast between Sean and Dean in Paige's thoughts is so on point. I'm glad that Sean was the only one to see through Paige's charade.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 10 . 3/20
I was talking to a friend about how opposite sec friendships are so rare unless one member is gay or lesbian. Marco and his gal pals. Anya and Riley. Eli and Fiona. Tristan and his gal pals. If Degrassi makes a guy and girl interact, it's written in the stars that they'll be more than friends. But Emma and JT became friends since day one, respectfully had quite a few relationships, but never hooked up. I like the way you wrote an alternate to Season 3. I haven't watched those episodes in over a decade, yet the scenes ring a bell.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 9 . 3/20
It's interesting to see how Johnny would pursue someone considering that he was in only one ship on the show and Alli did all of the work. I liked the way Ellie put up a fight. And it was fun to see Johnny break down her barriers.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 8 . 3/17
Oh my gosh, this Spinner and Liberty ficlet was so fluffy despite all of the darkness that hovers over them. While my Degrassi trivia isn't the worst, I regret to say that I don't remember the Liberty/Lucas fight at all. Seeing Liberty and Spinner becoming stronger both individually and as a couple was beautiful.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 7 . 3/8
Wow, your Spike/Sean one-shot was powerful. How you can go from voicing naïve teenagers to worn out house wives is remarkable. It's an interesting scenario that could fly under the radar in your fic, but if they really did have a relationship on the show one way or another it would have been exposed. Which is why fanfic is fun at keeping the secrets hidden.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 6 . 3/5
The thought of Snake/Ellie never crossed my mind and you kept this ficlet respectable despite the taboo. That was nice to mention that Elli remined Mr. Simpson of Spike.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 5 . 3/5
Damn, this Craig/Mia one-shot is a complete 180 difference from Tracker/Manny. I love how Craig is 100% conscious of his screw ups and strives to work on that. Knowing is half the battle. My favourite part of this fic is that even though he didn't end up raising a kid in high school, he actively makes a choice of getting into a relationship with a teen mom.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 4 . 3/2
I listen to a Degrassi podcast called "Drunk Degrassi" and the show is about two friends who get drunk, watch the show and then talk about it. They recently covered White Wedding so the context is pretty fresh with the exception of the fact that I have no recollection of Tracker. :P

I love Manny over-romancing everything and blowing things out of proportion such how she perceives Emma and Sean's budding relationship. I'm impressed with the way you can get inside a 13-year-old's mind and still keep the writing on point. Manny is a persistent one. It was interesting to see how she managed to open the door to getting what she wanted.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 3 . 3/2
This was amazing. I remember next to nothing about Chris, and Ashley is due for a drama free relationship (but those are rare in the Degrassi universe). The music connection was clever and it seems so high school for two people who know of each other not acknowledge each other outside of school. Very cute ending.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 2 . 2/26
While I don't remember this episode (yet the song West End Girls is now stuck in my head) you've captured Paige to a T. She's the ultimate puppet master, yet sometimes she loses control. I was never too crazy about her character to be honest but you're not the first person to think that something could have happened between these too. Paige is definitely the kind of girl who will pursue what she can't have and she'll stomp over everyone to get to it. You really captured that here.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 1 . 2/26
Hello! A friend in the fandom recommended you (author of Degrassi: The Boring Point, A Parody) and seeing that you updated a fic of yours not too long ago, it would be fun to dive into your one-shots. I was a casual Degrassi viewer from Season 3 to 13 until the last episode of Season 13 created a ship that stole my heart and I am now a rabid fangirl of that pairing. It happens!

I'm glad that you started this fic off with the iconic Breakfast Club inspired episode. Hazel really didn't have much going for her so it's interesting to see her interact with Sean. I love the edginess that it presents. Good job!
antinomian chapter 6 . 12/9/2015
I really like the last sentence especially.