Reviews for Starsong
Brigid Magdalene Morrigan chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
"Is that not the beauty of it? There is only One who can know everything, after all. For the rest of us, we may be content to revel in the continuous joy of a growing understanding of all around us." This will probably become my favourite quote. Otherwise, really original and well-written story.
LstC3ltacorn chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
That was a nice idea of the two stars meeting. I found it hard to keep up with their conversation, its very in depth but I think I grasped the general meaning of what they were saying. Its well written well done.
Anastasia S chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Pet, this is spectacular! I wonder why I haven't read it sooner! Such a great idea! Good job!

Oh yeah, and I love your song recommendation...one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs.
Tess chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
What? You're not 100% satisfied with it? I sure am! This is exactly how I've imagined stars interacting, though I've never been bold enough to put it into words. Great job, Petra!
Aslan is love chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
wow great amazing breathe taking truly the Lord Our Christ has given you a wonderful gift of sharing His blessings though your writing. beautiful
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
This is beautiful. I love how you brought the two stars together, and how Ramandu learned so much about the heart of worship from the star of Bethlehem.

I actually had slightly similar ideas for a Narnia fic I posted, accept I used Tarva and Alambil instead, so it's neat to find another story which has such awesome ideas.

Excellent work.
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
That was simply amazing!

I also love the stars ... I can watch them for hours without getting bored ...

And I can never grow tired of Him.

Really brilliant story!

THX

God bless you!

Thara
Sarai chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Love the story, and love Castingcrowns.
pinkkittykat8 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Once again, great story! Write more soon!
Vhor chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Very good Petra.
Siberian Christmas chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Oh, hurrah! For some reason this felt like The Space Trilogy and Narnia coming together. I loved it - I have an affinity for the stars.

I enjoyed their talk together, and how they realized that every star in all the worlds made continue to sing the glory of the single Maker, and though their steps and lyrics might vary...there are still lines that connect them all. ;)

Excellent work, Petraverd.
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Ooh, how great! I saw this in my messages and totally beamed. I was so excited to see more Narnia stuff from Petra. :) And I wasn't disappointed, as usual. At first I was confused because I'd forgotten who Ramandu was, and then I caught up as the story moved along.

This was so great. Makes me wonder about Heaven, really. I've been thinking about it a lot recently, and just a few days ago I decided Heaven is going to be Narnia, but a bazillion times better.

To look into a star's thought process... wow. It was really neat to be able to reflect on the Star of Bethlehem and think about how much joy the angels (and probably stars, too. :)) must have felt the day Christ was born. Especially on Christmas Eve, when we're all excited to open presents (tonight or tomorrow, whichever), it's nice to have a reminder of what the season is truly about. Thanks for that, and have a Merry Christmas! D
JealousOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I, too, have often puzzled a little over Lewis's stars - perhaps with a bit of wishful thinking, for I'd rather they *be* something more than just balls of flaming gas, even if that is what they are made of.

But, anyway, this story! I loved the interaction between Ramandu and the Star of Bethlehem in New Narnia. The joy you've managed to convey in the writing is magnificent. And - well - the whole thing smacked of Christmas, but it reminded me even more of "the spacious heavens declare the glory of our God" (Psalm...19, I think) and how important it is for *us* to remember that even though we may never see the Star of Bethlehem again, every night the stars sing the praises of their Creator and our Redeemeer.

I loved the bit with:

Again the Star shook its head. “Do you not know the rest of my story? Many slept through my message. Still others heard and chose not to act upon it. Few were those who heard and responded. As it tends to be in the old worlds we once knew, I suppose.”

And then he goes from there to "Ah, but that is what makes my joy complete." I do love a good 'experiencing the old makes the new even more delightful' setup... one of those things that makes me want to wriggle about and laugh. I suppose that is what makes this so brilliant to me - because the understanding here is my understanding only clearer and a bit more mature. Basically, you're speaking my language but at a higher level, and the way this language works is the more you hear the higher level, the more you understand of the language. You've forced my perspective up a few notches, and ... having used most of the hyped-up forms of "good" already, I'll just say that makes me very happy.

So, anyway, before my gushing goes off the charts, let me just say two things: first, you chose two extremely difficult/obscure topics (Stars and Aslan's Country) and put them together; and secondly, you've done a wonderful job and this is going to the favorites list.

God bless,

JotM
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Perhaps the stars are out of our league - Lewis doesn't give a lot of information about them, and what he gives, is mostly saying that they are very different from what we think!

I think you did a good job with your stars. And choosing that particular one from our world was very appropriate. It would be the one star with the most interesting history, I would say.

I enjoyed seeing them express their joy.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Wonderful story! I'm very impressed with how you turned an underestimated character into one with much more meaning. Have a blessed and merry Christmas!