Reviews for My Cause and My Love
JimmyHall24 chapter 1 . 8/8
"Deeply religious and forgivness came easily." I'd like to think by the time ME takes place. Religion has died like it should.
Kraut007 chapter 20 . 5/10/2015
This story is one of my top favorites in the ME fandom.
Not only because Im an unabashed Ashley fan and really tired of the numerous self-insert Shepards hogging the spotlight.
But also because its a really new idea of Ash and Liara getting together instead of competing for Shepard.
Also big kudos for the character momtns between Wrex and Ashley, most writers simplify it to "She hates him, cuz racism". Boy, Im really tired of that bullshit...
Finally the distance and arguments between Ashley and Kaidan/Shepard. In real life military officiers cant be best personal pals with their subordinates, simply because they need them to follow orders in critical moments and not going into dicussions. Which doesnt mean the officer is always right.
In summary its a great character story for Ashely.
Collard Greens chapter 19 . 4/28/2015
I really enjoyed this story. It was a great change from the typical narrative, experiencing everything we already know from Ashley's perspective. Excited for a sequel.
electric gurrl chapter 20 . 6/12/2014
I had so many thoughts floating around in my head while I was reading this story, but all I can really say is that I really liked it. It held my attention until the very end. I think it was very accurate and IC. Favorited. Also, the pairing was really interesting and cute. The story itself was creative and clever. Loved it.
Nyan anon chapter 20 . 11/7/2013
Still waiting for sequel :P
NarwhalWarlord chapter 20 . 4/14/2013
Sequels for the sequel god!

Follow-ups for the follow-up throne!

It matters not how the loose ends are tied, so long as they are tied!
Nyan anon chapter 20 . 4/13/2013
Great story!
GallifreyanMyth chapter 7 . 2/5/2013
Kaidan-Pressly: Douchebags.
Liara: A bit cruel to Ash

Im glad Kaidan dies on Virmire? And Pressly dies when the Collectors hit.

Will this go into ME2/3?
A fan chapter 20 . 10/30/2012
I never thought I would read a story like this. You did an amazing job getting Ash and Liara together. I really hope you continue this story!

A fan of good writing
Hewhoislost chapter 20 . 10/26/2012
I have been waiting for this post and it was well worth it. I feel you captured Ash and her family perfectly. I mean the way you had her trying to find the right think, and with out Tennyson for help ether. As I doubt he ever wrote a poem covering this. I love how supportive you crafted her family and how well you threw in the mothers questions. I for one am looking forward to this fics sequel, I love the dynamic you drew here and would love to see it grow.
The-Intensity chapter 20 . 10/16/2012
*Stands up and applauds* Wonderful! Wow, I have to say, this has been quite the story. I've loved following Ashley and Liara on this journey, and I personally hope the new story will be a sequel to this, perhaps one that explores their relationship a bit more. As usual, characterization was top notch, writing was excellent, and the story was actually quite believable. Ready to read more!
Janizary chapter 20 . 10/16/2012
Ashley's mom is sooo Marion Cunningham. How absolutely endearing :D
kirbster676 chapter 20 . 10/15/2012
Thank you for such a great story, you held me in suspense throughout the entire tale.
jetflight girl chapter 20 . 10/15/2012
Wow... four years in the making, and now it is done.

I was skeptical, at first, about the Ashley/Liara pairing. Then I came to like it, though considering ME2 and between the two games, I'm curious about... things again, considering they pretty much take opposite sides in the Big Ol' Game.

But in the end, I enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing this!
lsass.exe chapter 20 . 10/13/2012
Well, I just finished reading all 193k words and without question I'd say this is not only one of the best Mass Effect stories I've read but also one of the best stories I had the pleasure to read on this entire site.

First of, your style is very enjoyable to read. I just started with a chapter and before I knew what was happening I somehow was already at the end. That's a nice accomplishment. The way you captured Ashley, Liara and Wrex from their game personas and refitted them to your story is also a nice accomplishment. The action scenes were pretty good and I really liked the liberty you took to make alterations in the way you followed the story. And although you took your liberties, thank the goddess you did not try to fix the ME1-mainplot after the point where it breaks into pieces! I read a few stories that tried that and it was always horrible…

I think this story (and you as well) shines the most at the character development and progression. Therefore, those chapters and segments are my favourite parts. To be honest I always felt that ME1 presented itself a bit… racist. Well, maybe not racist but speciesist. And it always made me somehow diffusely uncomfortable. Like a constant pecking at the back of my mind. I’ve never completed my one and only renegade playthrough because of exactly that reason.
And so Ashleys journey, her development or awakening, from a narrow minded jerk to an open minded citizen of the galaxy is what made this story for me. You fleshed it out, you made it comprehensible, you made it somewhat familiar and therefore you made it believable. The same goes for Liara. You did really, really, reeealy good there!

I don’t know if the story would’ve been better if you’d have included the other squad members more. Maybe it would’ve enriched the themes; maybe it’d have weakened it…

Shepard was a bit too underdeveloped, I think. As the brick with no personality, s/he has to be characterized more in fiction. If you talk about Wrex everybody knows the dude. If you talk about Shepard nobody knows the dude/gal because everybody got his/her own Shepard.

You were bordering on replacing Shep with Ashley a few times. You know, making her the hero, the important one, the most capable of them all. I don’t care really, it’s all the same to me but I did notice it.

As always I am surprised about the notion that homosexuality will still be an issue 200 years in the future. Maybe I am too much of an optimist (in that I do not believe we will survive the next 50 years ) but I cannot wrap my head around that.

Well, this is one booooring wall of bad English. But it is over, I did it! But let me finish with this: Thank you for opening my eyes to the idea of Ashley/Liara! It is truly a great pairing! :)

Thanks for your story, well done, keep on writing, cheers and happy life day! No, wait, wrong universe…